PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a movie to the poster above.

Wolf Kanno
06-02-2015, 07:44 AM
What it says on the tin, recommend a movie to whoever posted before you. GO!

Mr. Carnelian
06-02-2015, 08:08 AM
The Adventures of Baron von Munchausen.

A marvelously surreal fantasy (However, if you dislike Terry Gilliam films, you probably won't like it).

Last I checked, it was on Netflix (although you can also probably find somewhere online to watch it for free).

NeoCracker
06-02-2015, 11:25 AM
Hobo With a Shotgun.

The title is pretty self explanatory.

Ayen
06-02-2015, 11:36 AM
The Never Ending Story.

That goes for everyone. Watch the first one and don't bother with any after that.

fire_of_avalon
06-03-2015, 02:09 AM
If you've never seen it and you like The Neverending Story, you should watch The Dark Crystal. Similar save the world story line, fantastic setting and Jim Henson muppets!

Shorty
06-03-2015, 03:11 AM

A marvelously surreal fantasy (However, if you dislike Terry Gilliam films, you probably won't like it).

Last I checked, it was on Netflix (although you can also probably find somewhere online to watch it for free).

I can't believe you've seen this movie! Wonderful, bizarre stuff.

Foaface, I do not remember if you've seen No Country For Old Men, but I recommend it to you all the same!

Colonel Angus
06-03-2015, 03:56 AM
The Man Who Came To Dinner

It's an oldie, but a goodie that I think you'd like

Wolf Kanno
06-03-2015, 05:50 AM
The Thin Man, great classic mystery film with great characters.

Bubba
06-03-2015, 08:46 AM
Rear Window.

I realise that many people will have seen this but it is my favourite Hitchcock film of all time. The fact that the entirety of the film is shot from one room is incredible.

FFIX Choco Boy
06-03-2015, 08:48 AM
Shaun of the Dead.

If you don't enjoy that movie, you're not human.

noxious.sunshine
06-03-2015, 03:07 PM
Church and Chong's Up In Smoke

Idk. It's a great movie. I just watched it again not too long ago.

fire_of_avalon
06-03-2015, 04:35 PM

Foaface, I do not remember if you've seen No Country For Old Men, but I recommend it to you all the same!

I have seen that and i.read the book too. Both excellent.

Noxy should see Trouble with the Curve. Good father/daughter movie.

And thanks, Wolf lol

Shorty
06-03-2015, 05:16 PM

I have seen that and i.read the book too. Both excellent.

It is indeed excellent! But damn it, now I have to find one you haven't seen before. I know you'd love Mad Max. :bigsmile:

Strider
06-03-2015, 08:31 PM
I'm gonna say you should watch Wild, Sarah. Reese Witherspoon at her finest.

Lazerface
06-04-2015, 01:14 AM
Blade Runner to Strider.

NeoCracker
06-04-2015, 04:47 AM
Nazi Surfers Must die.

There's a dude with a Switch Blade build in to the tip of his surfboard. Need I say more?

Christmas
03-26-2022, 02:12 PM
Beauty and the Beast. The one with Emma Watson cuz she is pretty & smart. :bigsmile: