PDA

View Full Version : Grilling & BBQ~!

noxious.sunshine
06-04-2015, 04:50 AM
It's Summer up here, and finally starting to warm up.. I'm really excited to get a new grill and start grilling - especially since I now have friends that I can do that with!

What are your favorite things to grill? Do you barbecue?

I want to do just basic hamburgers and hot dogs the first time we all hang out together. And like my homegirl and I will make sides together and stuff.

I can't wait though!

What about y'all?

Sephex
06-04-2015, 06:03 AM
While I certainly know how to grill, I usually don't do that myself all that often. My dad is very good at it, and typically cooks hamburgers, hot dogs, sausage, and Potatoes mostly. Just a simple classic charcoal grill. Good times!

In fact, he grilled for my birthday that recently passed, and it was awesome!

Bubba
06-04-2015, 06:57 AM
If the weather holds, it looks like we may be having a barbeque this evening!

Hamburgers, fat sausages, chicken legs, steak, salad, crusty bread, a couple of beers/glasses of wine. Not in work till 11am tomorrow either. Just praying the sun stays with us!

Pumpkin
06-04-2015, 07:15 AM
I would love to have a barbecue with some sausage and hamburgers. Charcoal grills are pretty cheap, we may be able to pick on up this summer and just have dinner on the back porch!

We don't use our backyard enough anyway

Pheesh
06-04-2015, 11:57 AM
I do BBQ whenever I get the chance in summer. I'll do mostly steaks, sausages, chicken, corn etc, but my absolute favourite thing is barbecued seafood. Nothing better than some crayfish tails cooked on a BBQ with some garlic butter *droool*

fire_of_avalon
06-06-2015, 04:56 AM
I would only eat grilled food all the time if I could. We probably cook out once a week or so in the summertime. I like burgers and hotdogs, grilled chicken, steaks, kebabs, veggies, breads ALL THE GRILLED FOODS GET IN ME. And fish. Especially (and fuck you guys because I'm NOT SAYING what you think I'm saying) fresh trout.

Shorty
06-06-2015, 05:02 AM
Brats, dogs, burgers, bring it all on.

I also consider all-day slow-cooked bbq pork to be bbq, whether it has come into contact with an actual bbq grill or not is irrelevant.

Calliope
06-06-2015, 07:12 AM
Corn, nectarines, asparagus and mushrooms are all things I enjoy grilled.

Shorty
06-06-2015, 07:48 AM
Oh god, can we do desserts? My friend and I grill plantains in butter and then eat them with honeybutter. They are amazing. Apples with butter and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar are fab, and the only way I will eat pears are grilled/sautéed.

Cleric
06-11-2015, 02:19 PM
Burgers, Dogs, Brats, Cheddarwursts, are all good in my book. Not a big steak fan, but I am getting better at cooking it to a perfect medium rare which makes it amazing. My absolute favorite is grilled chicken though, especially with Hawaiian marinade...to die for.

Formalhaut
06-11-2015, 02:33 PM
I've never actually grilled before, but I adore grilled foods. Gorgeous fat sausages, burgers, Chicken, are all good and all amazing.

Freya
06-11-2015, 04:16 PM
We just got a grill this past weekend and Ihave so much pork from having a pig processed, it's ribs and prokchops and hamsteask ALL the time.

We've perfected chicken and veggies. Ribs, we're still having to learn how to get those right.

noxious.sunshine
06-12-2015, 02:03 AM
I make a mean dry rub for ribs.... Nom nom nom.

I oven bake mine tho now cuz we don't gotta grill.

Ayen
06-12-2015, 02:16 AM
I don't grill. My dad grills, and a couple of other people we visited grill. I tried some burgers and hot dogs from the grill and liked them okay, but for one reason or another this family doesn't barbecue that often.

MissH
06-12-2015, 12:34 PM
I love burgers,sausages and chicken but a good steak on the BBQ when not overcooked can be immense.

Mr. Carnelian
06-12-2015, 12:49 PM
I've never actually grilled before, but I adore grilled foods. Gorgeous fat sausages, burgers, Chicken, are all good and all amazing.

You have so grilled before!
You've cooked us grilled chicken plenty of times.

FFNut
06-12-2015, 07:47 PM
I like to cook a nice roast on the grill. Slow cook it to a nice medium rare, and I have a nice mix of seasoning I put on too. It takes a few hours to do it right, but it's so worth it! I also do steak, seafood if I can get it fresh, and smokies.