PDA

View Full Version : The female dragoon?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-06-2015, 06:17 AM
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/04/final-fantasy-xv-is-not-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-any-more-says-director/

Tabata talked about some of the changes made from the time when the game was conceptualized as Versus XIII. When talking about characters who we've seen revealed, he talked about people who would still have roles to play in XV:

there are other characters that we have introduced in the past, like a woman with dark hair, and a dragoon—a female dragoon. I would like to reiterate that these characters are still in the game with their own important roles within the story, so you can look forward to playing FFXV to find out about them.

I don't know if I may have just overlooked this one, but am I the only one hearing about this female dragoon for the first time?

Fynn
06-06-2015, 06:24 AM
I saw her. She was in that trailer with Noct at the party and the city suddenly being under attack. The one where he rode a magitek armor.

Scotty_ffgamer
06-06-2015, 06:36 AM
I actually wouldn't be too surprised if Dragoon Lady = Lunafreya just considering the freya part of the name. I feel like they looked kind of similar too, but I can't remember for certain.

Fox
06-07-2015, 02:17 PM
I actually wouldn't be too surprised if Dragoon Lady = Lunafreya just considering the freya part of the name. I feel like they looked kind of similar too, but I can't remember for certain.

It was hard to tell because of the armour, but it definitely looked like long blonde hair under the helmet. There was at the time a reasonable amount of speculation that it was Stella, although I think the common consensus was that it was not.

Either way she looked pretty badass. I'd like to see someone in a Beatrix-like role, maybe she could fill that void.

DMKA
06-07-2015, 06:24 PM
I actually wouldn't be too surprised if Dragoon Lady = Lunafreya just considering the freya part of the name.

Hmm, I didn't think about that. That would be awesome.

Lawr
06-07-2015, 08:47 PM
http://cetraconnection.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/FF_XV_01_Frauen.jpg

Scotty_ffgamer
06-07-2015, 09:06 PM
https://youtu.be/ACSpgGAjGfM?t=1106

Here's the dragoon lady, by the way.

Lawr
06-07-2015, 09:29 PM
I have a feeling that was Stella but with what HT has been talking about with her role in the story, I think the girl I posted that looks like Hrist Valkyrie might be the new Dragoon. But maybe Luna's still a dragoon or there's another blonde haired girl?

Colonel Angus
06-07-2015, 09:34 PM
That looks cool, but honestly, I doubt she'll be in the final game.:-/

Scotty_ffgamer
06-07-2015, 10:01 PM
Tabata said she was still in existence for the final game during the last active time report. She's probably very different than what was seen in that trailer, but it would be interesting if that was Stella and if that's an aspect of Stella still present in Luna. It just seems like a possibility due to the Freya part of her name, but probably a pretty low possibility.

The picture you posted, Lawr, is the dark haired girl that Tabata mentioned, and they are in reference as two separate people just based on reading the quote. It's possible, but I think these are different characters. We'll have to wait to find out though, I suppose.

Fox
06-07-2015, 11:28 PM
She'll probably turn out to be Lightning.

Scotty_ffgamer
06-07-2015, 11:41 PM
Pretty sure Lightning is Assassin's Creed guy.

Colonel Angus
06-08-2015, 02:21 AM
Pretty sure Lightning is Assassin's Creed guy.
Something about the nose tells me it's a dude.

Anyway, my money's still on Kefka. #MajorSwerve #EpicCrossover #WorldsColliding

DMKA
06-08-2015, 04:57 AM
Yeah, Assassin's Creed Guy is definitely a dude. He talks in the 2013 trailer.

I would laugh so hard if SE shoehorned Lightning into the game somehow, just to piss everyone off. It's not entirely out of the realm of possibility either after some of the comments SE made after Lightning Returns came out, along with the post credits ending FMV of Lightning Returns.

Vyk
06-08-2015, 05:24 AM
I can't remember if it was Tabata or the FFT/XII/Ivalice guy who told Nomura (or whoever) to stuff it on the Lightning cameos, and they weren't happening in his games. Man it's been a long time since I saw that quote, so I can't remember the legitimacy, or how old it is, or if things have changed since then, so it's probably not relevant anymore. But if anyone stumbles across it, it's pretty amusing

Scotty_ffgamer
06-08-2015, 05:56 AM
Oh, Hood Guy spoke in a trailer? I forgot that I guess. I always thought he was a dude anyways, and I'd highly doubt that Lightning would appear in this game anyways. Or the guy voice is all a red herring to keep us from realizing the truth and then BAM! Lightning.

Although the Goddess Etro is in the mythology of this game, and Lightning Returns pulled stuff at the end to where they could stick Lightning in whatever game they wanted if they wanted.

Wolf Kanno
06-08-2015, 07:13 AM
I'm pretty sure hooded guy is old man Cloud Strife (a VII cameo would easily make this game reach fastest sales in the series) and we'll learn he used the Rainbow Materia to travel worlds because Sephiroth learned how to create a dream world out of the anti-Lifestream and is secretly Noctis (his comrades are his "children" from AC) who doesn't realize he is the greatest evil in Gaia. It's not actually FFXV! It's FFVII-2!

On a more serious note, I like the theory that Luna is the Dragoon and the Freya connection in the name makes the theory work for me, though it's just as likely she's a completely different character.

Sephex
06-08-2015, 08:58 AM
Personally, I'd rather play as a female baboon.

Pumpkin
06-09-2015, 05:07 AM
It would be cool if she was Luna. Like an alter-ego type of thing. Could be exciting!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-10-2015, 09:57 AM
https://youtu.be/ACSpgGAjGfM?t=1106

Here's the dragoon lady, by the way.

I'm surprised I've never seen that before. I always get excited for XV trailers and jump at the chance to watch them.

maybee
06-10-2015, 10:01 AM
I'm pretty sure hooded guy is old man Cloud Strife (a VII cameo would easily make this game reach fastest sales in the series) and we'll learn he used the Rainbow Materia to travel worlds because Sephiroth learned how to create a dream world out of the anti-Lifestream and is secretly Noctis (his comrades are his "children" from AC) who doesn't realize he is the greatest evil in Gaia. It's not actually FFXV! It's FFVII-2!

It sounds like that horrible Frozen- The Little Mermaid- Tarzan- Tangled theory everybody believed in last year.

Lamia
06-10-2015, 11:28 PM
She'll probably turn out to be Lightning.

I LOL'd irl