PDA

View Full Version : Someone tell me where to go eat and thing!

Goldenboko
06-08-2015, 07:47 PM
I'm gonna be in London, Paris, Rome, and Amsterdam. Someone tell me where to go stuff my face with delicious food. Especially London and Rome since I'll be there for 4 days a piece.

Shorty
06-08-2015, 08:29 PM
Psychotic and I went to some nice little cafes in Paris - this one in particular (http://www.lacombecafe.com/index.php/home/page/1) I enjoyed :jess: They have amazing croissants with chocolate in them that tastes like Nutella. There is also a patisserie that we went to find macaroons and chocolates in and they were delicious, but I'm having trouble finding it. edit again: nope paul found it Maison Julien Patisserie (http://www.maisonjulien.com/Patisserie_a27.html)!

Go to the Catacombs in Paris, too! But be there at like five in the morning because we got there well into late morning and the line was like six hours long. My heart hurt very badly.

Strider
06-08-2015, 08:39 PM
Go eat a Royale with Cheese on the Champs Elysses, like I did!

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
06-08-2015, 10:57 PM
Taco Bell.

Do they have Taco Bell in Europe? Because if they don't, Europe isn't worth keeping.

Pheesh
06-08-2015, 11:32 PM
There's a Five Guys in London, I ate there every day I was there because I had missed it so much. Night Fury and I also went to Jamie Oliver's Barbecoa, it was one of the two best meals I've ever had in my life but that one is a bit of a bank breaker.

Pike
06-09-2015, 12:40 AM
England has some pretty good Pizza Huts but they tend to mess up my Subway orders and also apparently only have one kind of cheese? Although that might've just been Norn Iron (The one in Belfast was like "What's provolone :confused:")

Crop
06-09-2015, 03:57 AM
When travelling some of the best parts of Europe why on earth would you go to places like Five Guys and Pizza Hut? Can't you get that crap at home?

Listen, get a two hour train ride to Cardiff from London, and I'll show you the best burger you'll get in the UK.

Colonel Angus
06-09-2015, 04:17 AM
If you go to Scotland, McDonald's is the place to be.

Mr. Carnelian
06-09-2015, 04:37 AM
Rome: there's a restaurant on the battlements of the Castel Sant'Angelo.
Best view in the Vatican, and the ravioli is good. Not too expensive, either (at least when I was there).
The Castel Sant'Angelo is definitely worth a look, particularly the old Papal apartments (you have to pay to enter the Castel to get to the restaurant).

London: the Victoria and Albert Museum. Slightly expensive, but the food's good, the museum is brilliant and just look at where you get to eat!
http://www.vam.ac.uk/__data/assets/image/0006/255138/va_cafe.jpg

Paris: Chez Marie Madeleine, a creperie near the Pompidou Centre. I really liked their crepes.

Amsterdam: don't know, I've never been.

Pheesh
06-09-2015, 06:04 AM
When travelling some of the best parts of Europe why on earth would you go to places like Five Guys and Pizza Hut? Can't you get that crap at home?

No you can't get Five Guys over here in Australia and it IS the best burger and fries I've ever had in my life. Yes I've tried countless gourmet/diner/whatever burgers as well.

FFNut
06-09-2015, 06:13 PM
Five Guys is the king of food! I eat there way to much.

Madame Adequate
06-09-2015, 11:57 PM
England has some pretty good Pizza Huts but they tend to mess up my Subway orders and also apparently only have one kind of cheese? Although that might've just been Norn Iron (The one in Belfast was like "What's provolone :confused:")

"Provolones? Is that one of them Provo IRA things?"

Pike
06-10-2015, 12:45 AM

Because I was joking :p

But even I wasn't, Subway is almost always worth it. And the UK's Pizza Hut is WAY better than the American Pizza Hut. So nyar.

Madame Adequate
06-10-2015, 12:50 AM
Yeah I would always go to Pizza Hut or Mickey D's or whatever, unless I was taken someplace else by someone I knew personally in that country.

Madame Adequate
06-10-2015, 01:03 AM
Oh but tbf if you come over to England, get the lads together and go for a cheeky Nando's ;)

Mr. Carnelian
06-10-2015, 06:14 AM
Oh but tbf if you come over to England, get the lads together and go for a cheeky Nando's ;)

Don't say "Cheeky Nando's"! The Americans' heads will explode!

Night Fury
06-10-2015, 07:34 AM
It depends what you're looking for in London and where you are staying. There are some great places in central London, especially in Soho which is such a nice little area as well! I've heard great things about the Rum Kitchen in Soho (http://therumkitchen.com/). If you're in London, don't waste your time with Pizza Hut/Subway/McD troute, actually go out and look for great local businesses who make the most of fresh produce for good prices.

Like Pheesh I also HIGHLY recommend Barbecoa, it is very pricy though but so worth it - great menu, atmosphere, service, and fantastic unforgettable food! It's also right next to St Paul's Cathedral so you get to have a lovely view too.

Psychotic
06-13-2015, 10:48 AM
I met up with Goldenboko and his entourage yesterday. You'll be pleased to know I did indeed take the lad to Soho. This is a tip for anyone who goes to London who likes steak, there's a cool little indie pop up called Flat Iron: http://flatironsteak.co.uk/ where you get a steak for £10 (!!!!) which for London is insane. And if you click the link, look at how they serve it. Yes, you get that knife too! Boko and his posse really enjoyed it.

I'll take one or two of you for EoFF Con. Start sucking up to me now if you wish to be a Chosen One.

escobert
06-13-2015, 11:28 AM
Rome was probably my least favorite city to visit. It was basically NYC with ruins in the middle. And it was ungodly hot.

Mr. Carnelian
06-13-2015, 01:33 PM
Rome was probably my least favorite city to visit. It was basically NYC with ruins in the middle. And it was ungodly hot.

Whaaaaat! Rome is awesome! I love Rome!

It can get hot, granted. But, that's easily solved by going at a cooler time of year.

escobert
06-13-2015, 05:09 PM
Well I didn't have much choice on the time of year since I was still in school at the time :P it also was the hottest 3 days in 30 years when I was there. The Vatican was cool. But Rome just felt too modern compared to Venice and Florence which I thought were amazing cities.