PDA

View Full Version : Hot Sauce

noxious.sunshine
06-09-2015, 12:18 AM
Do you love it? What's your fave?

I really like Frank's Red Hot for wings. And of course Tabasco.

But lately, I've been really obsessed with Cholula. It's soo yummy on practically everything.

I do like Tapatio and Valentina but it's been awhile since I"ve had either of those.

:D

blackmage_nuke
06-09-2015, 12:54 AM
Im a hot sauce casual and enjoy Sriracha

Sephex
06-09-2015, 12:32 PM
I use hot taco sauce for those tortilla chips that come in a green bag. Yeah, those. It's really good stuff. The exit is hazardous, but the taste is worth it!

FFNut
06-09-2015, 10:22 PM
I use usually Franks red hot to change the taste of things like rice and what not, but my roommate is Indian, so we usually don't need any extra spices when he cooks. Don't know what he does, but even patato's are spicy.

Shorty
06-09-2015, 10:28 PM
Nah. Just love some nice mild restaurant-style chunky salsa.

noxious.sunshine
06-10-2015, 12:20 PM
OMG I FORGOT ABOUT El Yucateco chile habanero...

It's soooo good, but it's really spicy.

Ergroilnin
06-10-2015, 03:29 PM
Casuals, I suck pure capsaicin crystals :colbert:

On the more serious note, I love spiciness but I really dislike tabasco. It tastes weird.

On the funny note, the father of my ex enjoyed spicy things and boasted about how he isn't even fazed by raw habaneros etc. So for his birthday I bought him sauce with supposedly 700k scovilles. I enjoyed seeing him pour tons of the sauce on his steak, then running madly for about an hour red faced as he lost his dignity.

Formalhaut
06-10-2015, 03:37 PM
I've heard lots about how good Sriracha is, but I've never tried it before. Where could I find it in England?

Shoeberto
06-10-2015, 04:08 PM
I've heard lots about how good Sriracha is, but I've never tried it before. Where could I find it in England?
Check an Asian grocery. Before it got uber popular in America, that was the only place I could find it.

Cholula is godly but it's also expensive. Like $5 for a bottle that I demolish in a matter of days. I only get it as a treat to myself. Otherwise my on-hands are Sriracha and $1 generic grocery store hot sauce.

FFNut
06-10-2015, 06:49 PM

Sriacha ha is also called rooster sauce in Canada due to the rooster on the bottle. We can get it everywhere here heck, even 7-11 has it here. I have no clue where in England. I would think any grocery store would sell it there.

Formalhaut
06-10-2015, 06:53 PM
I've not seen it in my local supermarket though that may be more because I wasn't looking hard enough. We have a large Tesco Extra store though, that'd definitely have it but it is a slight hike.

FFNut
06-10-2015, 07:12 PM
It's usually hidden in the Tai food section here, clear bottle with a rooster on it is what it looks like. I don't think I've actually seen the word Sriacha on the bottle before to be honest.

Formalhaut
06-10-2015, 07:20 PM
Yeah, I was just looking at hot sauces generally and didn't look into specific brands. Thanks for the help! With the amount of good reviews you guys (looking at you here, Jinx) give it I'm very interested to see how it tastes.

Cleric
06-11-2015, 02:15 PM
Do you love it? What's your fave?

I really like Frank's Red Hot for wings. And of course Tabasco.

But lately, I've been really obsessed with Cholula. It's soo yummy on practically everything.

I do like Tapatio and Valentina but it's been awhile since I"ve had either of those.

:D

Cholula is amazing! It brings eggs and breakfast burritos to a new level.

noxious.sunshine
06-11-2015, 02:33 PM
Yesss it does.

I want to try their other flavors. I'm almost out of the bottle I have now.

Usually, when I do eggs with chorizo, I'll make a salsa verde for it, but sometimes I'm lazy so I use cholula .

I made ground beef and potato fries tacos a couple of weeks ago. I added cholula to the filling while I cooked it along with other spices... And then added in a bit more after they were done... Omg soooo good.

blackmage_nuke
06-12-2015, 11:28 AM
Yeah, I was just looking at hot sauces generally and didn't look into specific brands. Thanks for the help! With the amount of good reviews you guys (looking at you here, Jinx) give it I'm very interested to see how it tastes.

It suffers from the same overhype as bacon so dont get too excited. It's nice but its just hot sauce and most people like it because its the only hot sauce theyve had because its the most common brand. That said theres a reason its the most common brand.