PDA

View Full Version : Do You Play Fighting Games?

Pumpkin
06-11-2015, 05:00 PM
I like some!

Depression Moon
06-11-2015, 05:37 PM
They were just like any other genre to me, but in 2009 when I started to play Tekken and Street Fighter IV competitively they became my second favorite genre. I really miss the days of playing competitively. I can't really do it anymore because I lack a car and the last time I played people didn't want to give me rides anymore despite me offering gas money.

Wolf Kanno
06-11-2015, 07:42 PM
I used to play them a lot back in the day but nowadays I don't have the time to really delve into them.

Vermachtnis
06-11-2015, 08:45 PM
They used to be my second favorite genre. King of Fighters XI was the last time I really got into one.

Vyk
06-11-2015, 10:14 PM
I used to play a surprising amount of fighting games for someone who rarely gets to play them with other people. Though they are surprisingly popular in my circle of friends, we generally just kinda goof around with them, and take turns at challenges and stuff. Though it's been many years. I super duper appreciate strides some games have taken in the single player department. Mortal Kombat 9 comes up in this conversation frequently. But I know some recent more anime-inspired games have also helped fill this gap that you'll never see a Street Fighter or Smash Bros. do

Ayen
06-11-2015, 10:19 PM
Yes. I was introduced to the genre through Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat II (not a bad place to start) and enjoyed them ever since. Some of my favorite fighters, asides from the aforementioned, are Soul Calibur, Evil Zone, Super Smash Brothers, Tekken, Bloody Roar, Fatal Fury, and Godzilla Destroy All Monsters.

FFNut
06-11-2015, 10:35 PM
I've been know to play some Mortal Kombat, And Street Fight. Recently just found Tekken 3 so I may plug that in and give it a shot here lots of good about the series.

Formalhaut
06-11-2015, 11:36 PM
I generally don't. I'm really just not that good, because button combinations scare me and something like 'A,A,A,->,B,<-,B' actually end up like 'A,A,A, oh crap, A,A,A, whoops!' and so on. I could do these combinations fine when I'm not being bared down upon by a vicious flying kick, and have several other combos to think about.

Really the only fighting game I played at any length was Super Smash Bros. due to the simpler controls. Even then, I was only average at best :p

Sephex
06-11-2015, 11:54 PM
That was more of a thing for me when I was a kid. I still like the genre, but I sort of fell off the map when nearly every game because combo mania with 500 super moves taking up the whole screen.

Relax, fighting game fans. I was being melodramatic on purpose.

Ayen
06-12-2015, 12:05 AM
You guys might like Evil Zone. No combos. The majority of moves can be separated by holding a different directional button with triangle.

Depression Moon
06-12-2015, 12:18 AM
This is the first time I ever heard of Evil Zone. Is it 2D or 3D? What kind of fighter is it?

Ayen
06-12-2015, 12:20 AM
This is the first time I ever heard of Evil Zone. Is it 2D or 3D? What kind of fighter is it?

3D fighter on the PlayStation that came out in 1999.

Shameless self-promotion (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/162510-ToriJ-s-Video-Game-Reviews?p=3535615&viewfull=1#post3535615)

starlet
06-12-2015, 12:28 AM
I generally don't. I'm really just not that good, because button combinations scare me and something like 'A,A,A,->,B,<-,B' actually end up like 'A,A,A, oh crap, A,A,A, whoops!' and so on. I could do these combinations fine when I'm not being bared down upon by a vicious flying kick, and have several other combos to think about.

Really the only fighting game I played at any length was Super Smash Bros. due to the simpler controls. Even then, I was only average at best :p

You'd like divekick. It's literally only 2 buttons :P

Madame Adequate
06-12-2015, 04:47 AM
Yeah I can get into a good fighting game, I've played a good bit of Injustice and SFIV in recent times and I want MKX. I used to be really into them, played the trout out of stuff like Bushido Blade and Tekken, and was probably good enough to approach pro in Soul Caliber 1 and 2.

e; also, Nidhogg.

Ayen
06-12-2015, 04:48 AM
Yeah I can get into a good fighting game, I've played a good bit of Injustice and SFIV in recent times and I want MKX. I used to be really into them, played the trout out of stuff like Bushido Blade and Tekken, and was probably good enough to approach pro in Soul Caliber 1 and 2.

e; also, Nidhogg.

How could I forget Bushido Blade? That game was excellent in so many ways.

blackmage_nuke
06-13-2015, 03:40 AM
If I see one with graphics I like I'll fiddle around with it, realise how terrible I am and quit. The only one I have played for more than 10 fights is Smash Bros but I only play that at parties.

Mirage
06-13-2015, 04:06 AM
I play them but I'm not very good at them.