PDA

View Full Version : The main character of one Final Fantasy suddenly is the main character in another!

Sephex
06-09-2015, 05:10 AM
How amusing or different would this be?

I would find it amusing to see someone like Tidus in Final Fantasy VI. Blasphemy you say? Have you considered how hilarious it would be to see him and Kefka interact! I can picture the following things happening:

1.) Tidus is way too happy go lucky and Kefka goes even crazier because he can't crack Tidus at all.

2.) Kefka hears the Tidus laugh. Stone faced, he calmly walks up his tower and shoots the judgement light beam indefinitely.

3.) Tidus awkwardly flirts with Terra. When Terra says she doesn't know what love is Tidus tries to sing that one song for her that uses those same words. Stone faced, Terra walks up to Kefka's tower and calmly shoots the judgement light beam indefinitely.

4.) There is a running gag of Tidus throwing a Blitzball at the back of Shadow's head.

Anyway, yeah, situations like that. Doesn't have to be on the comedy side of things! Hell, make up a whole new game if you want!

Ayen
06-09-2015, 06:24 AM
I'd be curious to see how Squall interacts with the cast of Final Fantasy VII. I could imagine Barret going off on a tantrum over his personality alone. "You #($)#*$)(#*$# sitting there with your head down and arms around your stomach like you have the stomach flu sprouting out "whatever" while people are dying! #()$*%()#*%)#*$#()*"

Sephex
06-09-2015, 06:29 AM
I'd be curious to see how Squall interacts with the cast of Final Fantasy VII. I could imagine Barret going off on a tantrum over his personality alone. "You #($)#*$)(#*$# sitting there with your head down and arms around your stomach like you have the stomach flu sprouting out "whatever" while people are dying! #()$*%()#*%)#*$#()*"

"Whatever."

Mr. Carnelian
06-09-2015, 07:26 AM
FFX-2 Yuna in FFX. In my mind, there's sufficient difference between Yuna in the two games for X-2 Yuna to be considered a different character. Here's what the main differences would be.

1) Rather than wasting time with the whole "Defeat Sin, but only for ten years" schtick, she'd unify the disparate groups with an epic outdoor concert and lead the charge against Sin. The Al Bhed would never have been sneak-attacked, so they'd have all kinds of epic tech to back up the airship. Yuna and co. would infiltrate Sin just like in normal X, kill Tidus's deadbeat dad, and kill Yu Yevon. The End.

2) X-2 Yuna would not put up with any of Seymour's bulltrout. He'd have been shot in the face WELL before the wedding.

Serah from XIII-2 in XIII. My reasoning here is fairly similar: I think that XIII-2 and XIII Serah are sufficiently distinct from each other to be considered as separate characters.

1) XIII-2 Serah would not have wasted the whole of the game just sitting there as a crystal. She'd have DONE something.

2) I get the feeling that Serah would have ended up being part of Ragnarok, what with her whole "I knew going in that I was probably going to die" thing.

Balthier from FFXII (I know that TECHNICALLY Vaan is the main character of XII, but it's an ensemble piece, so they're all main characters) in FFXIII-2.

1) Balthier is cool. Time travel is cool. Cool+cool=very cool

2) Balthier would totally abuse the privilege of time travel for monetary gain. Stealing valuable relics from the past and selling them to the future, stuff like that.

Ayen
06-09-2015, 08:03 AM
FFX-2 Yuna in FFX. In my mind, there's sufficient difference between Yuna in the two games for X-2 Yuna to be considered a different character. Here's what the main differences would be.

1) Rather than wasting time with the whole "Defeat Sin, but only for ten years" schtick, she'd unify the disparate groups with an epic outdoor concert and lead the charge against Sin. The Al Bhed would never have been sneak-attacked, so they'd have all kinds of epic tech to back up the airship. Yuna and co. would infiltrate Sin just like in normal X, kill Tidus's deadbeat dad, and kill Yu Yevon. The End.

2) X-2 Yuna would not put up with any of Seymour's bulltrout. He'd have been shot in the face WELL before the wedding.

I am all for this idea. Especially the shooting Seymour in the face bit.

FFNut
06-09-2015, 09:37 AM
I was thinking Titus in FFTatics would be funny. He and Ramza can go off about how crap their family is, and argue over who's dad destroyed more civilian lives.

maybee
06-10-2015, 09:54 AM
What if all the heroes meet up in one game though ???

Squall : So what's everybody's tragic past ?

Lightning : ..... I'm not getting into this.

Zidane : I was basically created to be the worlds anti-christ and destroy the world.

Bartz : Bruh.

Terra : Memories drained, mind controlled to serve a psychopathic mad clown. Couldn't remember anything.

Zidane : Bruh !

Cloud : Best friend shot killed and slaughtered, got hometown burnt down by my role model.

Firion : Ouch.

Tidus : I don't really exist, I'm just a dream.

Bartz : Whoa ! Trippy !

Cecil : I guess I can sort of relate to Cloud ? The king that I admired betrayed me, my best friend also betrayed me... more than once.

Terra : Oh Cecil !

Squall : What about you Bartz ? What's your tragic backstory ?

Vaan : What about me though ???

Firion : Shhh.

Onion Knight : Yes, you are more of the modern heroes, you should have a tragic backstory.

Light Warrior : Hm.

Bartz : Uhm, I was playing hide and seek with my friends as a child and got stuck on a roof. I've been frighted of heights ever since.

Terra : Huh ?

Tidus : Say what now ?

Cloud : * knocks table over * I'M NOT JEALOUS OR ANYTHING, smurf YOU BARTZ AND YOUR NORMAL PAST *

Ayen
06-12-2015, 02:44 AM

I think they called it Dissidia, but lol at Cloud's reaction to Bartz.

maybee
06-12-2015, 02:24 PM

I think they called it Dissidia, but lol at Cloud's reaction to Bartz.

That's a fighting game though. I was picturing a slice of life game, and just the characters meeting up with each other etc.

But true !