PDA

View Full Version : Sora's FF Reviews

Saber
06-09-2015, 05:12 AM
Final Fantasy - When I first played Final Fantasy 1 on NES I was compelled to finish it. It wasn't my first final fantasy so I knew what I was doing. It was really great to see the character development and battle system. While there was much to explore the story kept opening up the world as you progressed from town to town.

Having items in the game that allowed you to use several spells was a great idea. This allowed for many spells to be dropped and more important ones to be allowed. I can honestly say the first game was splendid. You could replay the game using other characters and for its time showed the world where final fantasy will start.

Final Fantasy II - This final fantasy is probably one of my least favorite out of the series. You can proceed through the story and level up in various ways. It allows you to customize your characters depended on how you use them. The magic levels up as well and unlike final fantasy 1 it wasn't as powerful. It was a good story and worth the playthrough, but unless you like stat maxing it's not going to be the best.

Final Fantasy III - One of the funnest Final Fantasy games I played from the NES ports. I have played the DS version and the NES. It first featured a job system so every character can changed what they are doing and become something else you will enjoy. There are many side quests and things to do. All in all this is a final fantasy I would play again.

Final Fantasy IV - Enter the world as Cecil and embark on a mission to rid evil from the land. He meets many people who help him on the way. It was a lovable cast and stat maxing isn't too hard. Each character has its own use and battles aren't terrible. The only thing hard to do in the game is get hidden items and summons. Other then that there isn't much wrong with this game and really worth the money.

Final Fantasy V - Unlike many people would admit, the job system was done great in this game. Much like Final Fantasy III each job had different uses and you could even combine jobs if you liked. Things weren't hidden too much and all side quests weren't impossibly hard. It really is an under-appreciated game. You will have a great time taking light warriors through a story where you can develop them and challenge yourself as an rpg'er.

Final Fantasy VI - Love love this game! It was one of the first final fantasy games where each character had their own differences while able to use magic and espers. Sure spending time in the veldt could be a waste but over-all each character was put in the lime light at least once in the story. There are many 1 time only opportunities where you have to think ahead. You could have the big debate which is better a sword or an esper...

Final Fantasy VII - My first Final Fantasy EVER! At the time no game had better graphics. The story lead you through the streets of midgar all the way to a hole in the ground. You had a materia system that sadly has never seen another final fantasy title. It had an easy way to stat max and a very memorable cast. All in all it was a great change in graphics and world changing.

Final Fantasy VIII - While the cast isn't perfect they are still interesting enough. The story is great but sometimes unclear. You get the power of GF where you can draw magic and junction it to make you stronger. Some items are hard to get and if you want to max out speed or luck you could find yourself hundreds of hours to do so. It is a fun game and much to do.

Final Fantasy IX - Ok so you can beat this game in 10 hours which is almost a first for the franchise. Having a cast that has set jobs is fun and less complex. It is a great game and I love the chocobo side quest. While Zidane is not the most memorable leader, he defiantly has what it takes to try his hardest.

Final Fantasy X - Cry, Cry cry is what I did once I seen this game. This was a game that changed Final Fantasy for a while. It had no world map, Stat maxing was hard, and to get 100% everything would take you hundreds of hours. I can't say it was a bad game, it just didn't have what all the others had before it. I found myself pressing triangle for half the battle just so every character leveled up and got that precious SP. Each side quest was almost impossible without many re-tries. It was def a dark age for Square.

Final Fantasy XI - While there is an open map I find paying a monthly fee too much. I played, I got all the jobs unlocked and I called it quits. There really isn't much special about this game but it has a great multiplayer feature. When I played the game I found that earning money was a problem.

Final Fantasy XII - The Licence Board was cool, and enabled characters to learn different weapons and spells. You got to see your character grow and it featured a great amount of side quests. This is the first final fantasy where I needed a walkthrough.

Final Fantasy XIII - The movie where you can press X. Unlike other final fantasy games beforehand you weren't giving much decision on what you can do. The fun didn't really start until you got to grand pulse where you could take quests.The weapon building was the only thing you had to make hard choices for. It had a very fun spin off called XIII-2 and another less fun one called Lightning Returns.

Final Fantasy XIV I have not played.

Ayen
06-09-2015, 06:18 AM
Not often I hear people give praise to Final Fantasy III. That's still sitting in my backlog.

Great reviews, Sora. I enjoyed reading them.