PDA

View Full Version : Let Zell use his damn hoverboard!

Sephex
06-09-2015, 10:31 AM
What irks me about the scene where they confiscate the hoverboard from Zell is that he says it could be useful on a mission. I thought they were foreshadowing some gnarly action when I first played it! But then the hoverboard is never seen again! Did Jabba the NORG eat it? What?

So where do you think Zell should have used his hoverboard?

I'll pick the obvious choice: During the battle of the Gardens. Man, that would have been cool to see Zell zipping down the side of the garden into the battle field while busting some heads. Maybe while wearing sun glasses.

Ayen
06-09-2015, 10:40 AM
I thought the same and feel the same as you. It basically makes that scene absolutely pointless.

I'm not sure where I'd put an action scene with the hoverboard, though. Maybe when trout hits the fan in Esthar.

Mirage
06-09-2015, 01:53 PM
It is seen again. You can see it in his room later.

Sephex
06-09-2015, 06:11 PM
It is seen again. You can see it in his room later.

That doesn't count!!

Pumpkin
06-09-2015, 06:15 PM
Balamb is strict!

Sephex
06-09-2015, 09:23 PM
Balamb is strict!

I call BS! They'll let students wear whatever they want outside of very special occasions, have a training ground that has more than one F***ING T-Rex roaming around, and have no qualms sending teenagers to their potential deaths, even using a conflict of nations as a live final test.

But hoverbaords are the real problem. Give me a break!

Scotty_ffgamer
06-11-2015, 05:43 AM
I was hoping for a Zell hoverboard version of the FFVII snowboard mini game.

Sephex
06-11-2015, 05:45 AM
I was hoping for a Zell hoverboard version of the FFVII snowboard mini game.

*meanwhile at Square-Enix*

*mid level employee bursts through the door of a high ranking executive*

"S-sir! They KNOW!!"

Ayen
06-11-2015, 06:01 AM
Balamb is strict!

I call BS! They'll let students wear whatever they want outside of very special occasions, have a training ground that has more than one F***ING T-Rex roaming around, and have no qualms sending teenagers to their potential deaths, even using a conflict of nations as a live final test.

Well... 1 in 9 Balamb Garden students are killed by hoverboard accidents every year.

maybee
06-11-2015, 09:35 AM
Zell could've used his hoverboard to save Rinoa.

Cleric
06-11-2015, 02:32 PM
Let's face it, by the end of the game Squall and Co. practically own Balamb Garden so...hoverboards for everyone!

Strider
06-12-2015, 06:32 AM
I can't help but imagine a Temple Run-style minigame in which Zell hoverboards while collecting as many hot dogs as possible. Is it too late to make that happen?

The Ceej
06-13-2015, 08:25 PM
Balamb is strict!

This is an allegory for real life, clearly.