PDA

View Full Version : What? Another secret character?!

Sephex
06-09-2015, 10:31 AM
OMG CLICKBAIT!!!!

Anyway, on the condition that you have to get rid of Umaro or Gogo, what secret character would you add to the game? How would he/she/it perform and what special ability would he/she/it have?

I would ax Umaro because it always bothered me how you can't control him. The dungeon to get him was boring, and it felt sort of out of place. Yeah, Gogo was a weirdo too, but the fact that it was basically a customizable character made up for it.

Alright, so I would actually make a hidden character that you couldn't get until you had the airship, just like Umaro and Gogo. But this character would be an original magic infused warrior from the magi war. Through some crazy magic mumbo jumbo, the warrior, though to have been killed, actually time traveled right to the point where your party finds said warrior. Horrified that a magic based war/happenings tore the world apart again, the warrior decides to join to help set things right!

The special ability I would give would be a time based attack, fitting into his time travel back story. It wouldn't work like time magic, but there would be odd abilities that would pop up at random. You could have the warrior peer into the future and see what the enemies are planning to do with their turns, for example.

Wolf Kanno
06-09-2015, 06:01 PM
My three choices would be:

Leo - Yes I went there.

Cid - Finally get something for saving his sorry ass. His special skill would be Scan which worked like Libra, and he would gain a relic that turned his ability into having the same effect as Edgar's Debilitator.

Biggs or Wedge - Only get one of them unless you ditch both Gogo and Umaro. They wouldn't get a special skill but rather have their Magitech Armor, but their skills would be restricted by which magic they had and they would even gain new ones that Terra doesn't get.

Gestahl would also be an interesting choice...

Sephex
06-09-2015, 09:37 PM
I like it. I didn't actually consider characters that were already in the game, but I would be down for it. Though I know people have always wished you could get Leo in your party, and I do remember one of the rumors of the FFVI port for the GBA was Gestahl joining the party. I think I actually remember that being posted here along with a doctored screen shot!

Colonel Angus
06-10-2015, 12:06 AM
I'd have a character in the style of the Alchemist from FFX-2. She'd have Mix & Use & use a big ass gun.

Strider
06-11-2015, 04:40 AM
I always wondered why they never brought Banon back into the fold later in the game. I would do that.

FFNut
06-11-2015, 05:02 AM
Someone from within the game to bring back, I would have made a Esper a secret charictor at the time when you travel with the Empire to the Island with Strago and Relm there. (Forget the name). If I could bring in a new one, I would drop the Sasquatch Umaro, and maybe make a second knight from Doma who survived out for revenge on Kefka!

Sephex
06-11-2015, 05:32 AM
I always wondered why they never brought Banon back into the fold later in the game. I would do that.

But his Health command would break the game!

Oh, who am I kidding, I love FFVI to death, but the game is already broken in the player's favor in the first place!

FFNut
06-11-2015, 05:33 AM

But his Health command would break the game!

Oh, who am I kidding, I love FFVI to death, but the game is already broken in the player's favor in the first place!

It is beyond broken once you collect all the Espers. Before that... It still is yes.

maybee
06-11-2015, 09:28 AM
Yeah, going to go with Cid if you manage to keep him alive.

blackmage_nuke
06-14-2015, 02:27 PM
Train Impresario
Ability - AfterLife: Summons enemies who have died in that battle as a ghosts with their attacks like Gau but controllable.

Draco
Ability - sing (works like a bard)

The guy in Doma who tells you everyone is dying
Ability - I dont know, I just really want to know what happened to him.

NeoCracker
06-20-2015, 04:48 PM
Umaro has to go for Adlai Stevenson.

Why? Because having both Adlai Stevenson and Gogo in the same game would wreck the theory and I would laugh at the tears to follow.

Sephiroth
06-21-2015, 10:50 AM
Siegfried.