PDA

View Full Version : The Gambit system...in FFVII?!

Sephex
06-09-2015, 12:10 PM
I can't find the source for this (probably because I remember reading it in a magazine), but I remember when the gaming press was hounding Square-Enix about a FFVII remake not too long after FFXII was released one of the answers that was given (I believe to EGM) was that if they did it at that moment, they would remake FFVII using the same battle system found in FFXII!

At the time I rolled my eyes because, to me, it was clearly Square telling the interviewer f*** off in a polite manner, but....what if they were serious?

I thought about making this in the FFVII forum, but I figure that more people that liked this game would have their eyes set on this forum, so I decided to ask the question here.

Do you think it would work?

If they did it, there would have to be many, many changes to practically every area in the game! I don't think it would sit well with fans since you can only control one character at a time, but I think if they pulled it off correctly it might be doable. At the end of the day I wouldn't want it to be in an official remake, but it is fun to think about.

Ayen
06-09-2015, 12:13 PM
If it means I get to run around as Aerith or Tifa in Cloud's stead outside of towns then I'm all for it.

Fox
06-10-2015, 01:02 AM
I love the Gambit system, however it would be a mistake to transplant it onto FFVII. It would obviously be an attempt to maintain the tactical play of FFVII in a flashy, real-time situation. It would be cool, and I'd like to see it... just not in an FFVII remake. I'm too much of a purist for that XD

Vyk
06-10-2015, 03:45 AM
I'm not sure how I'd feel about it, but considering the fact that they'd have to build any new iteration of FFVII from the ground up, they could implement any system they want anyway. So it could happen. But I too think it would be a mistake

Saber
06-11-2015, 12:34 PM
Cloud Gambits - Sneak attack KOTR, Counter Magic + Ultima, Final attack + Phoenix, and basic counter attack.

Best way to gambit VII where you never play,