PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Civilization game?

Pike
06-18-2015, 05:00 PM
For those of you who have played this lovely series - which one is your favorite?

escobert
06-18-2015, 05:03 PM
I know you disagree Pike but V!

I just really like the way it plays once you have all the DLCs and add in mods.

Vermachtnis
06-18-2015, 05:13 PM
I liked IV the best. "Baba Yetu" is a big part of why.

Galuf
06-18-2015, 05:18 PM
i only played V and Civ Rev on my xbox
i got Civ rev for free with Games with Gold. and had a blast playing it with my friends.
and Civ V i got on steam and played 1 game. so i cant say much about it. infact im reinstaling it AT THIS MOMENT to play it!!! so yes. however i still voted Rev. im sorry.

Madame Adequate
06-18-2015, 07:41 PM
IV, without qualification.

FFNut
06-18-2015, 07:56 PM
I voted for the original, I know that's a big surprise coming from the guy who loves vintage gaming on the forms lol. But I also loved colonization as well.

Mirage
06-18-2015, 08:44 PM
four, brah

Pike
06-18-2015, 09:27 PM
No votes for II so far :( Probably my second favorite after IV.

escobert
06-18-2015, 11:47 PM

I almost voted for II. It was my favorite until V came out. But with well over 1000 hours in V I had to give it the nod.

Laddy
06-19-2015, 02:42 AM
IV because I can play as Mali and buy my way to Alpha Centauri.

Vermachtnis
06-19-2015, 03:55 AM

Me too, II was the first one I played.

metagloria
06-19-2015, 02:44 PM
Civ I was one of the first games I ever obsessed over. Never played the rest, don't need to. I still bust out my old laptop that nearly died five years ago every now and then because it's the only machine I have that will run it!

Bolivar
06-19-2015, 08:17 PM
I thought I was giving Civ III its lonely vote but see I'm somehow not the only one! Only played III and IV and it's a tossup between the two - III gives me that 2D PC gaming feel but IV feels more robust with wonderful visuals.

Rez09
06-19-2015, 09:30 PM
Civilization V would be my favorite of the bunch, though I do wish Firaxis hadn't decided to leave bug-fixing almost completely up to fan mods, especially when it comes to multiplayer. I imagine there are fan patches for the other games to fix balance issues and bugs as well, but with how easy it is to distribute patches via Steam you'd think they'd have done it themselves.

I liked IV the best. "Baba Yetu" is a big part of why.

Yeah, I played Civ IV after V and felt kind of cheated when I was hanging out in the main menu. The song seems to be gone in Beyond the Sword though, but still. . .

Baba yetu, yetu ~~

I also generally preferred the leader selection in IV, especially since most nations had more than a single leader to pick from with different traits. Given, with the shift to more unique bonuses in Civ V I understand limiting civs to only a single leader, but I can't help but feel it takes something from the experience.

Pike
06-24-2015, 10:53 AM
Yeah, I played Civ IV after V and felt kind of cheated when I was hanging out in the main menu. The song seems to be gone in Beyond the Sword though, but still. . .

Baba yetu, yetu ~~

There's a setting so Beyond the Sword can play Baba Yetu! First thing I do anytime I reinstall it. (Which is rare, actually, since I never uninstall it to begin with.)

edit: I do like how every poll option got at least one vote. Civilization love! :love: