PDA

View Full Version : E3 2015!

Carl the Llama
06-10-2015, 03:31 PM
With E3 right around the corner, I was wondering what you guys are most anticipating? If I had to pick at top 3 they would look something like this:

Last Guardian: The game I've been anticipating for sooo many years, I've really tried my best not to get my hopes up after the travesty that was Duke Nukem Forever... alas I cant hope that Sony wont let me down.

Persona 5: With Persona 4 being one of my top 3 pics on PS2, I cant help but looking forward to learning more details about the 5th installment. Not much is known about the game yet so I'm really curious to see what they are going to pull out of the bag for this one.

No Man's Sky: Infinite possibilities... Do I need to say anymore? This game looks so amazing it managed to shunt out Uncharted 4 and MGS5 off of my top 3 list.

I have to say I am more then a little disappointed that Nintendo have confirmed that Zelda wont be making an appearance at E3 according to Nintendo of America: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/581579256704081920

So what are you looking forward to?

Bubba
06-10-2015, 04:09 PM
This is it. They are finally going to announce a release date for... The Last Guardian.

I can feel it. CAN YOU FEEL IT?!!

*shakes uncontrollably and dribbles*

Formalhaut
06-10-2015, 04:13 PM
I'm sorry, what is The Last Guardian? Never heard of it.

Bubba
06-10-2015, 04:15 PM
I'm sorry, what is The Last Guardian? Never heard of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Guardian

Every year there are rumours that it's in production. Every year nothing happens.

I'm sure my great-grandchildren will love it when it comes out.

Pumpkin
06-10-2015, 04:21 PM
It's been in development since 2007, what kind of game would do that

Formalhaut
06-10-2015, 04:35 PM
Oh, it is by Team Ico. Right, I gotcha now. That it may be related to that series did cross my mind. I remember those games being pretty well acclaimed. A shame this one is taking so damn long.

Bolivar
06-10-2015, 04:37 PM
There's a lot of strong evidence The Last Guardian is being shown this year but I also heard the game might have changed drastically since it was first announced.

There's lots of good games on the horizon that are sure to be awesome, so I'm mostly looking forward to reveals this year. The ones I'd most like to see:

1. Dragon Quest XI on console - More likely for TGS, but Dragon Quest VIII on PS2 after the merger was when the series finally gained mainstream appeal in the West. I could see them trying to repeat that success now that they're working with Sony again. If anything, that's probably why they made the move back.

2. Gran Turismo 7 - likely won't come out this year but I could see 2015's GT Academy take place on PS4. They used the competition as mini-demos to promote GT5 and GT6 so I hope they repeat that again and give us a small taste of current generation GT :D

3. Guerilla Cambridge's new Killzone - I'm ready for a good Killzone again. Shadow Fall was very disappointing, clearly rushed to meet the launch window, with a serious lack of polish. Luckily, Cambridge made a great Vita entry that year which hearkened back to the magic of Killzone 2. Likely the best handheld FPS ever made but their next game is all but confirmed for PS4. Sony has a lot of shooters to talk about, between Star Wars, the stolen CoD partnership, and Destiny's half-sequel The Taken King but this is the FPS I want to see the most.

Skyblade
06-10-2015, 07:10 PM
Tecmo-Koei's YouTube accidentally put up an E3 video early (it has since been removed), showcasing Hyrule Warriors for the 3DS.

Appears to include all DLC from the Wii U game, along with the ability to change characters mid-mission, and both Tetra and the King of Red Lions/King of Hyrule as playable characters.

Also lists the ability to transfer the King and Tetra to the Wii U version, though it is not known if they will be sold separately (it was a Japanese trailer, and has not yet been translated).

XBjieFmgVPY

Ayen
06-10-2015, 09:54 PM
Never heard of it.

Hey, that's my job.

Carl the Llama
06-11-2015, 05:33 AM

*coughfinalfantasyxvcough*

Oh, it is by Team Ico. Right, I gotcha now. That it may be related to that series did cross my mind. I remember those games being pretty well acclaimed. A shame this one is taking so damn long.

Honestly I don't care how long it takes provided it lives up to its predecessors and I get to play it. Its one of the few games I would have bought the console just to play the game, and I'm sure Sony and Team ICO know how many people will want to play this game if it is as good as ICO and Shadow of the Colossus.

Sephex
06-11-2015, 05:39 AM
This is it. They are finally going to announce a release date for... The Last Guardian.

I can feel it. CAN YOU FEEL IT?!!

*shakes uncontrollably and dribbles*

*buries head in arms on desk and starts to cry*

Wolf Kanno
06-11-2015, 06:32 AM
I'm honestly not expecting much really. Mostly gameplay trailers of stuff we've known about for weeks/months/years.

Silent Hills is dead and most of the good MGSV info is coming in July when the contract for holding back info ends, so I'll be avoiding that. Considering Konami has pretty much burned all their good will up these past few months it might be interesting to see if they will do damage control.

FFVX is probably a year or two away and SE doesn't have much else that I care about right now. I'm sure it will mostly be Eidos titles taking point with ports of DQ Heroes and Bravery Second lending Japanese street cred but I'm not expecting any real announcements from them that we probably haven't heard about. May get a trailer for Star Ocean 5 though.

I guess Ubisoft could surprise people with a new Assassin's Creed game that actually goes through real Q&A and not just get shipped out from the get go. Beyond that I expect a sequel to Far Cry and maybe other older titles.

Capcom and Sega haven't really churned out anything really good in years and SFV basically looks like a retooled SFIV.

Persona 5 would be cool but I'm not holding my breath as Atlus tends to hold their own press conferences when doing those kind of things. I'm sure we'll be hearing more about Persona 4 Dancing All Night and the new Etrian title. If we're lucky, we might get some news on Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem but that just feels more like a TGS thing and Nintendo seems to have most of the information control.

I'm mainly curious to know if the rumors circulating about Shenmue 3 and Catherine 2 are true but I doubt it.

Microsoft and Sony will probably both introduce some new useless peripheral for their consoles that will be quickly forgotten by all but the most die-hard of fans. Maybe a few key sequels and exclusives that will be coming out in 2016. We may get a surprise or two though.

Nintendo's Direct show might give a Western release date for Xenoblade Chronicles but I'm not expecting much from them except maybe a teaser trailer for Star Fox and Zelda at the end of their boring video press event to make the fans feel like it was worth watching.

Skyblade
06-11-2015, 01:08 PM
Nintendo's Direct show might give a Western release date for Xenoblade Chronicles but I'm not expecting much from them except maybe a teaser trailer for Star Fox and Zelda at the end of their boring video press event to make the fans feel like it was worth watching.

You didn't watch their presentation last year, did you?

Also, considering that there has already been a leak of some new, unexpected information about a very large Nintendo title, I don't think there's going to be just a "little" bit of info from them. Heck, I think the reason they rushed out that Micro-Direct before E3 was because they had too much stuff to cover in just their digital event.

Wolf Kanno
06-11-2015, 07:17 PM
I did see lat year's but I'm not a huge fan of Nintendo properties beyond Zelda and the occassional moment when the stars align and I decide Metroid is good again.

I'm not really expecting much that will make me buy a Wii U the next day but I do feel Nintendo may have the most surprises, even if they don't cater to my particular taste.

Skyblade
06-11-2015, 10:55 PM
I did see lat year's but I'm not a huge fan of Nintendo properties beyond Zelda and the occassional moment when the stars align and I decide Metroid is good again.

I'm not really expecting much that will make me buy a Wii U the next day but I do feel Nintendo may have the most surprises, even if they don't cater to my particular taste.

I was more expressing disbelief that you could call their presentation "boring", given that they had by far the most fun and enjoyable presentation, regardless of what you think of what they were showing.

Bolivar
06-12-2015, 01:40 AM
I thought you were referring to Wolf saying they'd close with Zelda and Star Fox teases when that's exactly what they did last year.

I get that "the Nintendo magic" still does it for a lot of people around here but the EoFF overreaction to last year's announcements was embarrassing.

Depression Moon
06-12-2015, 02:52 AM
I hope to see that Beyond Good and Evil 2 is still alive and would like to see more footage for Mirror's Edge 2, a NA release date for Xenoblade X, and a new JRPG for home consoles.

Mirage
06-12-2015, 03:01 AM

idk...

Anyway, I am looking forwards to:
Gran Turismo 7 (or whatever they'll call it), but only if I can buy an entry level FFB 900 degree wheel that works on PS4.
A FF15 release date
No man's sky
Xenoblade X news and possibly a release date
Metal gear solid 5 news and a release date
Kingdom hearts 3 news and a release date
Logitech telling me that my G25 will work on PS4 but this will never happen.

Pumpkin
06-16-2015, 06:25 AM
Welp, need to start working on that time machine so I can go back in time when E3 is all over, write what I'm expecting in this thread, and then say "CALLED IT" when it all shows up exactly