PDA

View Full Version : What you hope to see (or expect to see) revealed at E3 2015

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-10-2015, 09:30 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/23/square-enix-announces-press-conference-plans-for-e3-2015

SE's going to have a conference at E3 to discuss "exciting slate of games coming out in 2015 and beyond."

What do you hope to see, or think you'll see?

I'd like to see an announcement for a Final Fantasy XII HD and a tentative release date for XV.

Games I've heard people bring up around the web:

-Dragon Quest Heroes
-FF VII port for PS4 release date
-Rise of the Tomb Raider
-Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
-New Hitman?
-FF XIV News

People seem to think that they'll announce Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 for PS4, or they'll announce the XIII trilogy in a box set for PS4 & Xbox One.

Bolivar
06-11-2015, 03:16 AM
SE having a press conference is huge but I think it will be a few tentpole Eidos games (Deus Ex, Tomb Raider, maybe Hitman) along with a couple Japanese and FF-focused announcements sprinkled in here and there. FFXII HD makes sense but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Would be crazy if we got a new and proper Legacy of Kain :handshake:

Would be megaton if Hiroyuki Ito announces his new IP current gen console JRPG :drool:

Wolf Kanno
06-11-2015, 05:14 AM
I'm assuming it will be mostly news we know about like the new Eidos titles Bravery Second and probably Dragon Quest Heroes. We might get a new teaser for KH3 just as a surprise but I'm not expecting anything big since they already said FFXV info would be left for a reveal later.

Sephex
06-11-2015, 05:47 AM
The announcement of the announcement announcing that they will announce Final Fantasy XVI in 2032.

In all seriousness I am interested in Dragon Quest Heroes.

Ayen
06-11-2015, 05:50 AM
Some more info on Rise of the Tomb Raider would be nice. It's one of the few titles I'm looking forward to this year, that I know of, anyway.

Bolivar
06-11-2015, 02:57 PM
I would expect most of Tomb Raider at Microsoft's event, since they spent a ton for its exclusivity and want to position that as a holiday system seller for them.

There likely will be reveals and maybe even a surprise or two. Square Enix wouldn't be hosting their first press conference in years for just their current lineup of announced games, unless they had more to talk about.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-11-2015, 05:47 PM
I'd like to see more information on Star Ocean 5.

Wolf Kanno
06-11-2015, 07:40 PM
I would expect most of Tomb Raider at Microsoft's event, since they spent a ton for its exclusivity and want to position that as a holiday system seller for them.

There likely will be reveals and maybe even a surprise or two. Square Enix wouldn't be hosting their first press conference in years for just their current lineup of announced games, unless they had more to talk about.

Yeah but let's also remember this is the same company that has a bad track record for surprise reveals. I'm sure they may reveal a few new things we weren't expecting like one of the three old IPs (SaGa, Mana, and Front Mission) we either know or are rumored to be making new games for.

I would love to see an HD version of FFXII but I just don't see it in the cards. There could be an announcement for XVI but unless SE knows it can be released in the next two years, I feel it would be suicide to announce it now after their whole track record through the 00s.

I'm expecting ports for the most part. We'll probably hear more about Rise of Mana, Dragon Quest Heroes and TheaterRhythm and may even get an announcement for the PS4 version of the new Dissidia that everyone knows is coming. We'll have to wait and see, and I do hope they can surprise me.

Bolivar
06-11-2015, 09:43 PM
That's what the show floor is for. You don't rent a stage for the small experiences, since their low native resolutions do not translate to the screen. We'll probably get logos and bundles foe them but the heart of the on-stage demos will be bigger things. They've been teasing announcements for a while, I'd imagine we get at least one console JRPG reveal.

At the end of the day, we're talking about a very smart company that knows what its audience wants.

Wolf Kanno
06-12-2015, 05:11 AM
At the end of the day, we're talking about a very smart company that knows what its audience wants.

"Smart" is a strong word for describing Squenix of late. I'm sure we'll get a few surprises from them like the info about working with Oculus Rift and probably a few exclusives but we are talking about the same company that makes a huge storm for Japan only mobile titles like they were the greatest thing ever. We may get a new teaser for KHIII and FFXV but I still feel it would be safer to assume we're probably going to simply see more info an several projects we already know are being developed. I'm just hoping they don't shoot themselves in the foot and announce XVI with some concept trailer like they did with Versus XIII. I would also imagine they would show off more of the Luminous Engine and explain what the new consoles will expect from it like they have been. I'll be pleasantly surprised if SE actually puts on a good show.

Bolivar
06-12-2015, 11:55 PM
Well, mobile games actually are the best thing ever for a big part of the world. A lot of American game journalists are returning from visits to Japan lamenting how they don't see anyone with Vitas or 3DS' on the trains anymore - it's all phones. I was in Taiwan about a month ago and it's insane how big the mobile game industry is over there, some of them actually look pretty good. But that stuff hasn't made inroads into E3 yet so I wouldn't worry about that tainting the conference. Also, they've shown the engine multiple times. Not only is that the kind of thing more suited for developer-focused events but Luminescence is at the point where they need to start showing games with it.

I hope you've built your bomb shelter, Wolf, because the megatons are coming. And once they start dropping, there's no stopping it. If Square has showed us anything over the last few years, it's that you can count on them to consistently deliver for their fans.

Wolf Kanno
06-13-2015, 03:49 AM
I'm finding that mobile is starting to grow out in the West as well, though obviously not as big of a deal as in the East, but I wouldn't be surprised if SE sneaked a few in on their floor show. I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to start making Mobile part of E3, I don't even think it's a bad idea since I would agree the industry has grown more impressive in years pass and I feel it has passed the "fad" stage.

It will be interesting to see what SE plans on showing off in their Press Conference but I'll stick to the idea of it being a more modest and not some hour long excitement extravaganza of E3's of old. I am hoping we'll see the 3DS ports of DQVII and VIII see a Western release. It will be entertaining either way.

Wolf Kanno
06-14-2015, 05:43 AM
Sorry to w~post but SE just released an interesting teaser trailer for their press conference where they will announce 6 brand new titles along with more info on FFXIV: Heavensward, Just Cause 3 and Dragon Quest Heroes. The most interesting thing about the teaser? The song used for it is a remix of Frog's Theme from Chrono Trigger, perhaps a hint? ;)

QrSH2wKh6ys

Big D
06-14-2015, 10:03 AM
It'll be neat if they actually manage to bring out a few surprises, but all I'm really expecting is:
cellphone stuff
some DLC
an approximate release date for the next Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy trailers and screenshots

I'm more interested, at this stage, in what Bethesda, Ubisoft and Konami will have to offer.

Fynn
06-14-2015, 10:24 AM
Sorry to w~post but SE just released an interesting teaser trailer for their press conference where they will announce 6 brand new titles along with more info on FFXIV: Heavensward, Just Cause 3 and Dragon Quest Heroes. The most interesting thing about the teaser? The song used for it is a remix of Frog's Theme from Chrono Trigger, perhaps a hint? ;)

QrSH2wKh6ys

Theatrhythm: Chrono Trigger? :p

maybee
06-14-2015, 12:38 PM
Knowing SE it's a Chrono Trigger IOS game. Q_Q

Shauna
06-14-2015, 04:08 PM
Dragon Quest VII western release plz :(

Fynn
06-14-2015, 04:32 PM
We already have CT on iOS, though.