PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Marvel Super Team

Colonel Angus
06-25-2015, 05:00 PM
Which Marvel Comics based super team is your favorite? Are you a fan of Fantastic Four? Do the X-Men excite you more? Or are you avid for Alpha Flight?

Formalhaut
06-25-2015, 05:02 PM
Based purely on the films (I have no experience with the comics!) I'll go with the X-Men. I find the concept very interesting and I particularly liked the allegory between mutants and homosexuality to be an interesting take to the films.

Zanmato
06-25-2015, 05:15 PM
Avengers, of course! :D
Because this is a group of different people who are working together for greater good. :3

Mr. Carnelian
06-25-2015, 05:23 PM
I've been an X-Men fan since I was a little 'un.

Storm was my childhood favourite.

So, obviously it had to be X-Men.

Pike
06-25-2015, 05:29 PM
The Guardians of the Galaxy.

Colonel Angus
06-25-2015, 11:00 PM
How the fudge did I forget Guardians? :eep:

Ayen
06-26-2015, 02:53 AM

You forgot Fantastic Four too.

X-Men, The Avengers, Sinister Six, Fantastic Four, and Guardians.

Colonel Angus
06-26-2015, 03:08 AM

You forgot Fantastic Four too.

X-Men, The Avengers, Sinister Six, Fantastic Four, and Guardians.
I think Marvel hopes we all forget the Fantastic Four this Summer.

Sephex
06-26-2015, 03:17 AM
Boring answer, but the Avengers. I am a sucker for supergroups! If you asked me when I was younger I would have said X-Men, though.

Colonel Angus
06-26-2015, 03:23 AM
Boring answer, but the Avengers. I am a sucker for supergroups! If you asked me when I was younger I would have said X-Men, though.
I think the Animated Series was a major factor in a lot of people our age liking the X-Men, whether they read the comics or not. For me, personally, that's my favorite X-Men team (Wolverine, Jubilee, Rogue, Gambit, Jean Grey, Storm, Cyclops, Beast & Colossus).

I feel that the current Avengers movies will shape people's perceptions of that team as well, even though the team is completely different in the comics. Hell, I think some of the MCU Avenger members might be dead in the comics.

Sephex
06-26-2015, 03:34 AM
I think the Animated Series was a major factor in a lot of people our age liking the X-Men, whether they read the comics or not. For me, personally, that's my favorite X-Men team (Wolverine, Jubilee, Rogue, Gambit, Jean Grey, Storm, Cyclops, Beast & Colossus).

I feel that the current Avengers movies will shape people's perceptions of that team as well, even though the team is completely different in the comics. Hell, I think some of the MCU Avenger members might be dead in the comics.

Yeah, I loved that cartoon when I was little. I did read the comics, but I didn't pick up every single issue. My dad is huge into comics, so I actually have a pretty good knowledge of stuff because of things he said to me. Despite not actively reading comics, I can still be one of those annoying people in the theater that say, "I KNOW WHO THAT IS" in the post credit stuff!

Ayen
06-26-2015, 03:47 AM
The 1990s X-Men Animated Series was the trout!

Sephex
06-26-2015, 03:56 AM
That theme song brings me back to waking up on Saturday mornings and having my mom have me some killer french toast.

Ayen
06-26-2015, 04:01 AM
What theme song?

This theme song? :cool:

7IzSGvXc_PM

Sephex
06-26-2015, 04:43 AM
Well, now I want french toast.

*goes to call mom*

Okay, she yelled at me for calling so late.

theundeadhero
06-26-2015, 05:08 AM
Some good french toast is worth a little yelling.

Also: http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/163364-World-of-Warcraft-Discussion-Megathread?p=3544388&viewfull=1#post3544388

Fynn
06-26-2015, 05:48 AM
I never got the Avengers appeal. X-Men all the way!

Sephex
06-26-2015, 06:09 AM
Some good french toast is worth a little yelling.

Also: http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/163364-World-of-Warcraft-Discussion-Megathread?p=3544388&viewfull=1#post3544388

https://i.imgur.com/vB9B5h.jpg

Mr. Carnelian
06-26-2015, 08:32 AM

Ah, the nostalgia!

I remember I really liked Jubilee, for some reason.

Heaven knows why, she has the WORST power ever. I mean, seriously: fireworks?

Ayen
06-26-2015, 09:23 AM

Ah, the nostalgia!

I remember I really liked Jubilee, for some reason.

Heaven knows why, she has the WORST power ever. I mean, seriously: fireworks?

Well, think of all the money you could save on fireworks.

Mr. Carnelian
06-27-2015, 09:05 AM
Well, think of all the money you could save on fireworks.

But how often does one NEED fireworks?

I would only ever use fireworks on Bonfire Night and New Year's Eve, personally.

So, the savings wouldn't be that great.

However, just think of how much money she could make hiring out her powers!

Jubilee and Dazzler (who's power is basically being able to produce flashing lights and disco music, if I remember rightly) would RULE the party scene.

theundeadhero
06-27-2015, 10:01 AM
I kind of wish I had Dazzler's powers right now.

Colonel Angus
06-27-2015, 03:25 PM
Yeah, Dazzler & Jubilee did have pretty much the same powers. Jubilee was just a hipper version after disco became passe in the US.

Raistlin
06-27-2015, 06:16 PM
I never really cared much about the Avengers until the movies. But I loved X-Men as a kid. In the early-mid '90s, one of my favorite times of the week was Saturday morning cartoons, where I'd sit on the floor in front of the TV with my breakfast on a tray and watch X-Men and Spider-Man. Good times.