PDA

View Full Version : Teach Me Mogster

Pumpkin
06-12-2015, 04:38 AM
I thought it amusing to use a FF themed title!

I was thinking we could have a thread where we just ask random questions and then someone with more knowledge can answer them. Like stuff not needing it's own thread and nothing pressing or important, more just "I'm curious about this, how does it work?" There's nothing wrong with learning!

So I have two questions to start with! I'm very ignorant about computer stuff so I would like to know

In video games, how do they get characters to look like the concept art they make?
Also, how does it get sorted which games go on which consoles? Do game makers approach the companies and ask them to sell the game or do the consoles approach the game makers?

So feel free to ask your own questions and provide answers! And be nice please, no "that was a dumb question, how could you not know" or the like.

escobert
06-12-2015, 04:44 AM
Also, how does it get sorted which games go on which consoles? Do game makers approach the companies and ask them to sell the game or do the consoles approach the game makers?
Without getting into a long drawn out history lesson on video games; I think at least in the earlier days of Vidya game making, the companies who made the consoles also made the games. And then when things started kicking off some companies started making games and went with who was willing to put their game out. Once Nintendo took over the market things really started changing as Atari was on the way out Sega was brand new. There always seems to one mega company and most game makers want their games to be on the console the most people will play. Also technological differences in consoles played a role to a lesser extent I believe. There's obviously a lot more to it all but that's kinda a brief overview I guess? xD

why am I having such a hard time coming up with a question!? <--- I guess that's my question xD

BlasterDarkRen
06-17-2015, 02:46 AM
you're having trouble thinking of a question because you don't know that you don't know the things you don't know. Because you don't know that you don't know them, you don't feel inclined to find out.

I tried to make sense, apologies.

Does anyone know a really good way to learn Sign Language?

Formalhaut
06-17-2015, 02:58 AM
Have you tried investigating if there are any courses in your area? I could investigate for you on-line courses, but with something like sign language, I'd personally look for evening classes, if only because I seem to learn better when there's an actual person in front of me. On-line courses are usually much cheaper though. I mean, this website to learn British Sign Language (http://www.british-sign.co.uk/bsl-british-sign-language/learn-online-british-sign-language-course/) advertises pretty reasonable prices. I wish I could be of more help: I don't know sign language, and so I can't really comment so much on this!

Like Escobert, I cannot really think of much of a question either. Oh wait. Yes I do. So a few times, I've heard "ever think of the jerk hole?" and feel like I'm missing out on some in-joke or reference to Sephex that I'm really not savvy to. What does this phrase mean?

blackmage_nuke
06-17-2015, 05:01 AM
Can I tie/strap stuff directly to the rails on the roof of my car or do I need the crossbar and why do i need them?
Where or how do I order a new pollen filter?
When I get my car serviced at a mechanic when is the appropriate time for me to walk off and leave them to work and what do I say when I walk off without being awkward?

How do I stop Reader importing books every time I disconnect my android from my computer? I dont even use Reader. Aldiko/Balto ftw

FFNut
06-18-2015, 08:53 AM
Can I tie/strap stuff directly to the rails on the roof of my car or do I need the crossbar and why do i need them?
Where or how do I order a new pollen filter?
When I get my car serviced at a mechanic when is the appropriate time for me to walk off and leave them to work and what do I say when I walk off without being awkward?

How do I stop Reader importing books every time I disconnect my android from my computer? I dont even use Reader. Aldiko/Balto ftw

the first question I'll awnser. Yes you can, but if you want to make sure the load won't go anyplace, I'd use a cross bar. The reason you need that is for the tie down process. Imagine you got tied down under a rope. With enough squirming you and get the tie loose. Now if you had another one timing you down across it will be that much tougher to get loose. Sorry if that makes little sence, its for securing the load.