PDA

View Full Version : Would Trabia Garden Have Been Mobile?

The Ceej
06-14-2015, 04:48 AM
Cid, the man who built Balamb Garden, was surprised to find that it was actually a vehicle. Almost immediately after it uproots and shoots across the town of Balamb, nearly pulling out a row of hedges, Galbadia Garden also takes to the sky, although this time, off camera.

Now, what are the odds of that? That two of the three Gardens would become spontaneously mobile at the same time at a surprise to everyone on board? Or was it a surprise? Did Cid know the whole time Balamb Garden was a vehicle? He did build it after all. This whole "ancient ruins" thing was inconsistent with the plot, and was probably a lie.

As such, Galbadia Garden, I think, was also built as a vehicle for the same reasons.

Trabia Garden? Well, if it weren't for those darn missiles getting in the way, I think it'd be whizzing around the planet half-way through disc two too. And why shouldn't it? There's no reason that Trabia Garden would be the lone stationary Garden, is there? I mean, other than the fact it was grounded by missiles.

So, I posit that all three Gardens, while firmly planted in the earth, could be uprooted and become vehicles. Thoughts?

Scotty_ffgamer
06-14-2015, 05:26 AM
I really have a feeling that Trabia Garden would have been different. It felt kind of separate from Galbadia and Balamb in a lot of ways. It's hard to go off of the ruins really, but it looks more like a regular old building/set of buildings based on the ruins compared to how Galbadia and Balamb looked. I honestly doubt the people who made the game gave it any real thought though.

Wolf Kanno
06-14-2015, 06:00 AM
I would say it's most likely it would. Doesn't the game allude to the fact the Centra Ruins move for the purpose of avoiding the Moon Drop or something? It has been awhile and I'm too tired to research it. Still I feel it's safe to say it probably would have, we never get a real look at the place until after its been blown to kingdom come.

Vermachtnis
06-14-2015, 06:10 AM
This is the real reason Selphie was transferred. They had to get her out of there before she stumbled upon the flight option and then immediately fly it into a mountain.

Ayen
06-14-2015, 10:42 AM
This is the real reason Selphie was transferred. They had to get her out of there before she stumbled upon the flight option and then immediately fly it into a mountain.

Head canon accepted.

As for the topic, why not? It's a shame Trabia will never fly :(

Vyk
06-14-2015, 05:18 PM
Its been a long time since I've been into the plot of this game. But if memory serves me, wasn't Trabia more of a regular school, while Balamb and Galbadia were more military oriented. So it honestly wouldn't surprise me if it was different in other ways. But it also wouldn't surprise me if all the gardens were built the same and then used differently afterwards

Sephex
06-16-2015, 10:00 PM
Seemed like more of a low key Garden if you ask me. The Ultimania guide even pointed out that it didn't even have Wi-Fi.

BlasterDarkRen
06-17-2015, 01:59 AM

which she definitely definitely would have done

I love Selphie XD

The Ceej
07-03-2015, 05:42 PM
Well, I don't buy the Centra Ruins plotline. Characters are unreliable, first of all. Second, the Gardens clearly look different from the Centra Ruins where you get Odin and Tonberry. Third, Cid and whoever takes Galbadia to the skies clearly know in advance that they're mobile. It's all in the subtext, but it's clear.

Thanks for your thoughts!