PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Fal'Cie in the trilogy?

Scotty_ffgamer
06-14-2015, 08:14 AM
Did you like any of the Fal'Cie (or any of the deity like beings in general) in these games? Even though we didn't get to see it, I quite liked the idea of a Cactuar Fal'Cie after it was revealed that that was the one Snow befriended in XIII-2.

Mr. Carnelian
06-14-2015, 02:32 PM
I know we never saw it, and they were only mentioned once in Lightning Returns, but Pandaemonium.

It's the last fal'Cie on Earth, and it has nothing to gain, but it still works to feed what's left of the world's population.

I wondered what its motivations could be.

Formalhaut
06-15-2015, 12:14 PM
I know we never saw it, and they were only mentioned once in Lightning Returns, but Pandaemonium.

It's the last fal'Cie on Earth, and it has nothing to gain, but it still works to feed what's left of the world's population.

I wondered what its motivations could be.

I agree. I wish we saw Pandaemonium. I don't think it's motivations are so pure though. I remember the foodstuffs provided by the Order are tainted somehow to keep the populace docile? Assuming that the Order are in control of the Fal'Cie, it doesn't look good. Either they taint the foodstuffs post production, or they come out already tainted.

In the other games, I liked Titan, but I didn't like going through his trials for so long. Atomos, the digging Fal'cie, was fun as well. Seeing it limp, immovable and constrained in the desert was rather sad, actually.

Mr. Carnelian
06-15-2015, 12:30 PM
I agree. I wish we saw Pandaemonium. I don't think it's motivations are so pure though. I remember the foodstuffs provided by the Order are tainted somehow to keep the populace docile? Assuming that the Order are in control of the Fal'Cie, it doesn't look good. Either they taint the foodstuffs post production, or they come out already tainted.

I didn't remember that.

Still though, what does Pandaemonium have to gain by working with the Order?

Atomos, the digging Fal'cie, was fun as well. Seeing it limp, immovable and constrained in the desert was rather sad, actually.

I'm fairly sure it was dead, so not moving wouldn't bother it.

Formalhaut
06-15-2015, 12:52 PM
I'm fairly certain Atomos glows during the night, indicating it is at least alive, or dormant.

As for the food, Pandaemonium uses the chaos (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Pandaemonium_(Lightning_Returns)) to produce the food. Maybe I was going slightly too far with indoctrination, but eating chaos food can't be healthy.

Mr. Carnelian
06-15-2015, 02:17 PM
It was stated in the game that Pandaemonium was the last living Fal'Cie. If that's the case, Atomos must be dead.

Glowing doesn't necessarily indicate life: there are luminescent rocks.

The processed Chaos-food couldn't have been THAT unhealthy, considering that it's what most people ate almost exclusively for five hundred years.

Galuf
06-17-2015, 07:48 PM
Barthandelus. because playing FF13 for the first time i found its design hilarious and its voice is funny. also , for me, it was a thing i didnt see coming.

Vermachtnis
06-17-2015, 08:05 PM
Titan, I wanted to fight him.

Shiva95
06-18-2015, 01:00 PM
Barthandelus.

Mr. Carnelian
07-01-2015, 09:49 AM
Did you like any of the Fal'Cie (or any of the deity like beings in general) in these games?

Taking all deities into account, my favourite is Etro.

Not only does she regulate reincarnation, but she helps people when she can (although this does end up causing a LOT of problems).