PDA

View Full Version : Earthbound Beginnings

Skyblade
06-14-2015, 11:15 PM
JRPG fans, let out a cheer. The game known as Mother in Japan, the first game in a legendary cult classic series, has finally been officially released in the West, as Earthbound Beginnings.

ttKkiEKqwuk

Available on the Wii U Virtual Console.

Q5Al88tCCjM

Even just a simple speech and Itoi-san can hit you right in the feels.

It is likely only a matter of time before Mother 3 gets a similar port. So who is looking forward to experiencing the entirety of this fantastic piece of gaming history?

Rez09
06-14-2015, 11:59 PM
I'm actually not a fan of the original Mother, but I am glad that the entry is finally getting an official release. The series has a lot of fans and it's always nice when companies acknowledge them, especially in this case where the attitude towards non-Japanese fans thus far has been so dismissive.

Electroshock Therapy
06-15-2015, 12:29 AM
I've always been interested in this series every since I saw the fight with Giygas in Mother 2 (I'm going to name it like it is), and I loved how disturbing the imagery, the music, and the dialogue was for a kids game. I've seen more clips, listened to Mother 2's soundtrack, and I have now developed an interest in the games. I'm happy the first game is now legally available.

Wolf Kanno
06-15-2015, 04:47 AM
I've always been interested in this series so it's nice to see it getting more love. Also thank you Nintendo for using digital distribution to release all the old classics that never made it out of Japan. I only hope Squenix and Konami will take notice and do the right thing as well.

Scotty_ffgamer
06-15-2015, 05:54 AM
I actually enjoyed the bit I played of Mother, although it was pretty rough and REALLY hard if I remember right. I didn't get too far in it though. I would laugh if Mother 3 never came out here and we just got the first game since I think the general opinion is the first game is the worst of the bunch.

FFNut
06-15-2015, 10:57 AM
I loved playing Mother 2, going to be picking this up when I can.

Shauna
06-15-2015, 11:27 AM
Neat. Maybe I will actually play these games at some point.

Sephex
06-15-2015, 11:18 PM
Got it. Played it on emulator before. It's an old RPG, so don't expect something like Earthbound and Mother 3 necessarily, but I bought it in hopes that they'll release Mother 3 officially. Good times!

Del Murder
06-17-2015, 05:29 AM
I'll give it a try. Earthbound was always a fun and unique game. Awesome that Nintendo is doing this!

Bright Shield
06-18-2015, 10:01 PM
Mother 3 is one of my favorite RPGs ever. Hopefully we get that game too.