PDA

View Full Version : E3 Rumor: VII remake for the PS4

Freya
06-15-2015, 02:20 PM

E3 is almost here. Like seriously it's super close. Square Enix's conference is tomorrow on June 16th. The very reputable gaming website siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/15/final-fantasy-vii-remake-is-coming-to-playstation-4/) has some very interesting news for us prior to the conference. Final Fantasy VII will have a remake for Playstation 4.

As of yet we don't have any confirmation on this rumor as the only source is siliconera. As they say, "The Final Fantasy VII remake will use a more modern art style for Cloud, similar to his appearance in Dissidia Final Fantasy or Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. It is being created to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Final Fantasy VII."

And no, this is not the PS4 port Square Enix has previously mentioned. This would be an HD remake.

We'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if this is confirmed but it's okay if you get hyped already. We'll have more E3 news all week.

Madame Adequate
06-15-2015, 04:07 PM
If this is true I feel it is necessary to point out that I called this eight fucking years ago:

You know how they said this "celebration of FFVII" thing is intended to last for another 10 years from the time of some speech or another last year? My guess is that the remake will be the very last thing they release. It'd close the circle nicely, and the intervening time will build up a lot of hype about it (Although I can't think of many games that could generate more hype, maybe Halo 3 and WoW 2, but that's about all that comes to mind).

I'd put my money - but admittedly not a lot of it - on a VII remake coming out on whatever the generation of consoles after this one is, rather than the current new gen.

http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/109437-IGN-Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Chatter?p=2298989&highlight=remake#post2298989

Jinx
06-15-2015, 04:13 PM
I also called it a bit ago. I won't be terribly surprised they'd choose to remake it for its 20th anniversary.

That said, I'm not getting hopes up until we have confirmation.

Shauna
06-15-2015, 04:17 PM
Not even cautiously optimistic.

Freya
06-15-2015, 04:24 PM
See normally i'm flippant to these types of rumors but siliconera is very unlikely to post these types of rumors. They are usually first on FF news and are always accurate. That's why my interest is peeked.

Pumpkin
06-15-2015, 04:24 PM
Not super excited but we'll see!

escobert
06-15-2015, 04:25 PM
It better be true! :mad2:

Bolivar
06-15-2015, 04:59 PM
I read some verified insiders on NeoGaf are saying the same thing.

The Dissidia comparison makes me think this might be a modest remaster, in the vein of the recently released Resident Evil HD. I'd be cool with that, since I really don't want to see an ultra realistic AAA modern rendition of the game. Either way, the buildup to this E3 has been insane. First The Last Guardian and Shenmue and now this.

Night Fury
06-15-2015, 05:15 PM
Wait. Shenmue? *kicks FFVII aside*

what? Shenmue? Yes.

I am dead.

Goldenboko
06-15-2015, 05:19 PM
Nah it won't happen lol.

fat_moogle
06-15-2015, 06:50 PM
This is probably just the FFVII PC port that's coming out.

Mirage
06-15-2015, 07:17 PM
I'll eat my hat if this happens.

Which PC port, fat moogle?

Freya
06-15-2015, 07:23 PM
I'm wondering if it'll be their bomb drop for the sony conference.

Fox
06-15-2015, 08:09 PM
Can we just leave this thread open and bump it every E3?

Freya
06-15-2015, 08:18 PM
What happens if it's true this time?

We should still bump it.

Scotty_ffgamer
06-15-2015, 08:25 PM
I agree with that. Even if we get a remake this time, we should jump back every E3 and claim they are doing another one.

Also, even if they announce a remake, I'd laugh if it just ends up being mostly a concept trailer like Versus XIII was or even the tech demo that got people originally excited and just disappear again for 10 years.

Laddy
06-15-2015, 10:32 PM
Please don't mess with the script too much. Make the localization less trout but I'm not fond with some of the flanderization of the main characters

Mirage
06-15-2015, 10:35 PM
Please don't mess with the script too much. Make the localization less trout but I'm not fond with some of the flanderization of the main characters

Don't worry. Seeing as there will be no remake, the script will not be changed either.

Fox
06-15-2015, 10:45 PM
Might be fun to speculate on how they'd mess it up if it did happen though.

I reckon...

They'll turn it into an action RPG
They'll 'fix' the script
They'll include Genesis in the story
They'll use anyone but Andrea Bowen as Aerith's voice actress

Sephex
06-15-2015, 11:39 PM
Dear Squre-Enix,

S*** or get off the pot.

Love,

Most Fans

Ayen
06-15-2015, 11:48 PM
I'll believe it when I see it, and then nine years down the road I'll make fun of it for not having a release date yet.

DMKA
06-16-2015, 01:25 AM
This rumor crops up again every few years, but I find this time particularly curious since it is the first time I've ever seen a reputable gaming website like Siliconera flat out say "FFVII Remake on the way!" without labeling it a rumor.

I'll believe it when I see it, and then nine years down the road I'll make fun of it for not having a release date yet.
You never know, if it does in fact end up being real (which, let's face it: it won't) it may follow the trend of other games this E3. Everything announced at this E3 so far has had a release date within the next year and a half.

DMKA
06-16-2015, 02:49 AM
HOLY CRAP ITS REAL THEY JUST SHOWED IT AT E3 AHJHASDLJHFLKJHFLKSDJHALKDJHASD!

Freya
06-16-2015, 02:50 AM
Called it.

Wolf Kanno
06-16-2015, 02:50 AM
There, you finally got your bloody remake. Can we finally talk about something else? :wcanoe:

Madame Adequate
06-16-2015, 02:52 AM
No not until all the people who said it'll never happen eat crow :colbert:

Ayen
06-16-2015, 02:53 AM
It's like they saw Wolf's, "I don't expect any real surprises," and was just all, "You know what? Smurf you! Suck on this you piece of trout!"

Edit: Oh no, Wolf. The FFVII Remake talk has only just begun :smug:

Mirage
06-16-2015, 02:56 AM
Well. I gotta buy a hat so I can eat it.

Pumpkin
06-16-2015, 02:56 AM
hopefully it is good

DarkMatta
06-16-2015, 02:59 AM
Dear Squre-Enix,

S*** or get off the pot.

Love,

Most Fans

Looks like they took that s**t.

Skyblade
hopefully it is good

This. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE just remake the ACTUAL GAME and leave the Compilation nonsense OUT of it!

Sephex
Finally. They s***. They s*** it out! Those crafty quirk holes!

Fox
06-16-2015, 03:00 AM
You know, for the longest time I've scoffed off rumours of a remake. I would say "I'll believe it when I see it".

Turns out I was lying.

Because I don't believe it. What is this day.

Wolf Kanno
06-16-2015, 03:01 AM
It's like they saw Wolf's, "I don't expect any real surprises," and was just all, "You know what? Smurf you! Suck on this you piece of trout!"

Well I've been waiting for them to get around to it since the Compilation was announced. The real issue now is that I wonder if this news may have just killed any hype for FFXV...

Ayen
06-16-2015, 03:01 AM
I have these tingly feelings all across my body. What is happening?

The real issue now is that I wonder if this news may have just killed any hype for FFXV...

It's like Christmas came early.

Loony BoB
06-16-2015, 03:03 AM
http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/163181-E3-2015-FINAL-FANTASY-VII-REMAKE-FOR-PS4-GET-HYPED

Use this thread from now on. :)

Fox
06-16-2015, 03:05 AM

Well I've been waiting for them to get around to it since the Compilation was announced. The real issue now is that I wonder if this news may have just killed any hype for FFXV...

I CAN BE EXCITED FOR TWO THINGS

If anything this is gonna help XV. Pretty much guarantee VII's going to be something like a 2017 release. What better way to focus attention on the franchise than announcing the remake people have been crying for for a decade, of one of the most famous and successful RPGs ever made?

krissy
06-16-2015, 03:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tusDU_qYCh0

Wolf Kanno
06-16-2015, 03:12 AM

I CAN BE EXCITED FOR TWO THINGS

If anything this is gonna help XV. Pretty much guarantee VII's going to be something like a 2017 release. What better way to focus attention on the franchise than announcing the remake people have been crying for for a decade, of one of the most famous and successful RPGs ever made?

I'm seeing it more as a this:

Squenix: So FFXV is going to be coming out...
Fanboy: Who cares? When does the VII remake finally come out?
Fanboy 2: Yeah, show more in-game footage I want to see Aerith.
Squenix: But this new trailer will have Luna...
Fangirl: Where's Sephiroth!?
Squenix:... um... we'll show you more when XV is closer to release.
Fans: WELL BLOODY GET ON WITH IT SO YOU CAN GIVE US THE GAME WE'VE ONLY BEEN ASKING FOR FOR 18 YEARS!!!

Jinx
06-16-2015, 03:13 AM
weeping right now tbh

Fox
06-16-2015, 03:26 AM
Dear forum moderators: how can I give Sony and Square Enix a moogle hug? There doesn't seem to be an appropriate button for that. Thank you very much.