PDA

View Full Version : [E3 2015] FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE FOR PS4. GET HYPED

Freya
06-16-2015, 03:02 AM

At the Sony press conference for Sony, a metaphorical bomb was dropped. As per the rumors (http://home.eyesonff.com/content.php/3590-E3-Rumor-VII-remake-for-the-PS4) earlier today, Final Fantasy VII has been announced to be remade for PlayStation 4.

4DOqnY9iIgg

GET HYPED.

Ayen
06-16-2015, 03:06 AM
This is a landmark night in the industry!

Goddammit, I need a PlayStation 4!

Skyblade
06-16-2015, 03:09 AM
"Play it FIRST on PS4".

It's another "put it on our platform exclusively for a month or two" deals. Not truly PS4 exclusive.

Tell me when Genesis shows up, so that I can know not to buy it.

nirojan
06-16-2015, 03:13 AM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Ayen
06-16-2015, 03:14 AM
"Play it FIRST on PS4".

It's another "put it on our platform exclusively for a month or two" deals. Not truly PS4 exclusive.

Now, now, Microsoft fans deserve some FFVII, too.

And seeing that FFVII was never a PlayStation exclusive, but was on PlayStation first before going to PC, I don't see the issue here.

Vermachtnis
06-16-2015, 03:14 AM
"Play it FIRST on PS4".

They're not going to put it on the Genesis. It was on Playstation first because they wanted it on disks and not cartridges, so no worries there.

chionos
06-16-2015, 03:15 AM
And the trailer gives the impression of an all-in remake. Which is good, cause it needs to be worth it after all this time, but a little scary b/c the trailer seems to be hinting at heavy compilation tie-in. Regardless, hopes are up. Dang you, SE.

Edit: I think Skyblade was talking about Genesis, the character from the compilation.

Jinx
06-16-2015, 03:17 AM
NO I'M NOT CRYING IT'S JUST ALLERGIES

Ayen
06-16-2015, 03:18 AM
I think I'm one of the few not bothered by the Compilation. This is the first piece of news out of Square Enix where I am legitimately hyped.

Hello, old friend.

Jinx
06-16-2015, 03:20 AM
So, wait. Didn't SE say they'd only remake it if they company was failing? Am I mistaken?

Freya
06-16-2015, 03:23 AM
They're doing it for the 20th anniversary.

chionos
06-16-2015, 03:24 AM
NO I'M NOT CRYING IT'S JUST ALLERGIES

Dude, I'm not gonna lie, I was trying to be stoical, but when those first few chimey notes dropped in from the opening theme as the camera was panning up Cloud from behind, my breath caught in my throat.

Skyblade
06-16-2015, 03:24 AM
"Play it FIRST on PS4".

Now, now, Microsoft fans deserve some FFVII, too.

And seeing that FFVII was never a PlayStation exclusive, but was on PlayStation first before going to PC, I don't see the issue here.

tH7g53NX1Rc

Skip to 1 minute, 30 seconds in to get past the introduction. But he does a very nice job of explaining everything that's wrong with the practice.

Vyk
06-16-2015, 03:26 AM
Mmmmm:bou:

Formalhaut
06-16-2015, 03:27 AM
WHAT HAVE I JUST MISSED OH HELL NOW I'M EXCITED!!

On a calmer note, I'll be able to finally introduce Mr. Carnelian to FFVII without hearing him moan about the dated graphics. Phew!

Freya
06-16-2015, 03:28 AM
HAVE SOME SCREENSHOTS

http://i.imgur.com/yt0XwQj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bbfl9nS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UyJTwkV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IzyG8nL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aII9oY3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ccSXCtt.png

http://i.imgur.com/hIKdZFb.png

http://i.imgur.com/ZktnfGG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/q4fINdp.png

http://i.imgur.com/ixvvBSy.png

http://i.imgur.com/l1VwdWD.png

http://i.imgur.com/lkJ54GF.png

http://i.imgur.com/gtlyKIh.png

http://i.imgur.com/9qHnhDR.png

http://i.imgur.com/tHE5Trx.png

[I had to host on imgur cause our file limit didn't let me give you the higher HD quality ones I took and saved but if an admin wants to tinker and reupload them to EoFF directly, that would be great. I'm adding these to the original post as well]

Skyblade
06-16-2015, 03:28 AM
Edit: I think Skyblade was talking about Genesis, the character from the compilation.

Darn straight I was.

They had to go and ruin one of the most important and meaningful scenes in the entire game.

It's bad enough they're undoubtedly going to give us emo Cloud. I won't get it if Genesis is put in.

Jinx
06-16-2015, 03:29 AM
THE GRAPHICS AREN'T EVEN THAT DATED JUST PLAY THE DAMN GAME IT IS A TREASURE

Ayen
06-16-2015, 03:31 AM
BARRET! Smurf up those Shinra bitches!

Edit: What Jinx said.

Mirage
06-16-2015, 03:32 AM
"Play it FIRST on PS4".

SE doesn't really roll with exclusivity anymore.

Skyblade
06-16-2015, 03:38 AM
"Play it FIRST on PS4".

I know that. I am FINE with multiplatform releases.

I'm NOT fine with a company paying a few thousand dollars just to deprive people using other consoles of the game for a few weeks/months. It's a completely bullshit business practice.

Sephex
06-16-2015, 03:40 AM
THE HONEY BEE INN STUFF IN HD. CLOUD BEING RAILROADED BY BURLY MEN IN A SMALL BATHTUB IS WHAT I LIVE FOR

Shorty
"Play it FIRST on PS4".

I'm NOT fine with a company paying a few thousand dollars just to deprive people using other consoles of the game for a few weeks/months. It's a completely bullshit business practice.

It's marketing and they would be stupid not to do it.

Hollycat
This conference has just blown my mind.

Ayen
06-16-2015, 03:42 AM
"Play it FIRST on PS4".

I'm NOT fine with a company paying a few thousand dollars just to deprive people using other consoles of the game for a few weeks/months. It's a completely bulltrout business practice.

Sky, I feel ya, I do, but fact is people are impatient trouts and will get the game on the first system it comes out on because they'll want to play it now rather than wait, so companies are going to keep doing it.

Now, pardon me while I return to squealing like a little girl.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WE'RE GETTING A FFVII REMAKE!

Fox
06-16-2015, 03:42 AM
After 6 years of vaguely hoping but never truly believing, to all of a sudden be thrust into this reality is very strange. Now let's hope they don't mess it up!

Everyone imagine your favourite Final Fantasy VII moment. Remember the scene and the characters and the music. Now imagine that redone on the PS4.

At the very least, this is going to be unrivalled as nostalgia trips go.

Sephex
06-16-2015, 03:44 AM
Ever think of the Cloud hole?

Jinx
06-16-2015, 03:45 AM
I honestly feel like this is video game history.

Shorty
After 6 years of vaguely hoping but never truly believing, to all of a sudden be thrust into this reality is very strange. Now let's hope they don't mess it up!

Everyone imagine your favourite Final Fantasy VII moment. Remember the scene and the characters and the music. Now imagine that redone on the PS4.

It would be kindof neat to see more of a response from millennial gameres vs. nostalgic ones. Could be a huge boost for the franchise.

Depression Moon
THE HONEY BEE INN STUFF IN HD. CLOUD BEING RAILROADED BY BURLY MEN IN A SMALL BATHTUB IS WHAT I LIVE FOR

I'm looking forward to seeing that too, but you seem a lil too excited! Tone it down.

Skyblade
06-16-2015, 03:47 AM

Is it sad that the first thing I thought of was of equipping Materia?

In reality, though, my favorite moments are pretty much all Cloud + Tifa. The date, her staying with him when he's in the coma, the last night...

Jinx
06-16-2015, 03:47 AM
Ever think of the Cloud hole?

no butt (haha see what i did there) mukki does

Ayen
06-16-2015, 03:48 AM

I'm right there with you. I feel like a kid again.

OMG THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING!

mindfray
in the trailer it said something about " a red star that cost almost all life" I wonder if this is a true remake? or some kind of hybrid remake/sequel?

Jinx
One thing the even a beautiful remake won't be able to make better: the goddamn flashback scene.

Ayen
06-16-2015, 03:50 AM
One thing the even a beautiful remake won't be able to make better: the goddamn flashback scene.

I disagree. I think the scene will be glorious in beautiful PS4 HD graphics.

Until you play it over a million times.

Aulayna
06-16-2015, 03:51 AM
http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/160297-Apparently-the-FF7-remake-is-actually-happening-announced-after-XV-s-release?p=3483868&viewfull=1#post3483868

Semi-Called It!

Japanese fans especially have been demanding an FFVII remake quite strongly, and with Type-0 finally being released outside of Japan - the odds are, assuming that SQEX continue their current business practices, that an FFVII remake is going to happen in the not too distant future.

Plus 2017 is the 20th Anniversary of FFVII... so, the stars are aligning here.

mindfray
06-16-2015, 03:52 AM
one small thing i can't wait for in the remake. how freaking good omnislash is going to look D:

Madame Adequate
06-16-2015, 03:53 AM
My dick is so rock hard you guys I'm ready for HD Honey Bee Inn and crossdressing and SAPPHIRE WEAPON getting smurfed up by Sister Ray

e; Nice prediction Auly. I did predict this in 2007 but you know

:smug:

Ayen
06-16-2015, 03:56 AM
I wonder if they'll really have the balls to include the Honeybee Inn stuff, and then I remember this is Japan. Of course they'll have the smurfing balls!

I wonder how Tifa and Aerith are going to look. The visuals for this game already look better than the CGI in Advent Children.

Fox
06-16-2015, 03:56 AM
in the trailer it said something about " a red star that cost almost all life" I wonder if this is a true remake? or some kind of hybrid remake/sequel?

That was just a posturing narration. It's like "the events of FFVII happened and look at the world now... but now let's relive those events!" Just a slightly dumb way to build up to the announcement. Like when they had that bit about 'the fifteenth coming' on the Versus XIII trailer 2 years ago when the name changed. It wasn't related to the game at all it was just there to make people lose their minds. Same deal here ^_^

I do wonder how much of the extended canon if any they'll try and work in. Like for me... I'd really like to see Zack's role expanded a bit where appropriate from the events of Crisis Core. But similarly I don't want to see Genesis ever again as long as I live. So it's give and take.

The visuals for this game already look better than the CGI in Advent Children.

Bear in mind what we've seen so far is​ CGI. None of this is in-engine.

Madame Adequate
06-16-2015, 03:58 AM
Yeah I wasn't sure where they were going at first, but I think it was just a thing to set the scene for the remake.

Please stop being unkind to the Mega Drive it was a great console.

Ayen
06-16-2015, 04:02 AM
The visuals for this game already look better than the CGI in Advent Children.

Bear in mind what we've seen so far is​ CGI. None of this is in-engine.

I don't care. Rational ToriJ is gone. He has been replaced with squeally fangirl ToriJ. Squeally fangirl ToriJ is going to save up money to buy a PS4, swap out the GameCube to make room for it, buy the game, play it, review it, and have a full body orgasm while doing so.

Freya
06-16-2015, 04:03 AM
I was talking with lwl and I think he's right, they'll probably put hints of things if not include the whole compilation in it.

chionos
06-16-2015, 04:07 AM
I know it might have been silly to expect, but I was kind of hoping someone other than Nomura would direct the remake. I'm afraid Dude-san's gonna tweak the shit out of it till it's not even recognizable.

Jessweeee♪
06-16-2015, 04:09 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHH IT'S HAPPENINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG

oh the memories
motorcycle escape minigame
don corneo
palmer getting hit by a shinra truck from where in the fuck did that shinra truck even come from
SNOW BOARDING
let's go on a date with barret
it's 'cuz of that &^#$# 'pizza' that people underneath are sufferin'

Jinx
06-16-2015, 04:10 AM
ahahaha how fucking hilarious is the motorcycle game going to be in hd

i'm sorry, there's no way you can make that cool xD

Ayen
06-16-2015, 04:12 AM
I know it might have been silly to expect, but I was kind of hoping someone other than Nomura would direct the remake. I'm afraid Dude-san's gonna tweak the trout out of it till it's not even recognizable.

I suspect this was the reason Nomura was taken off as director of FFXV.

I'm not really that familiar with his directing work, so... Don't know how to feel.

Fox
06-16-2015, 04:12 AM
I know it might have been silly to expect, but I was kind of hoping someone other than Nomura would direct the remake. I'm afraid Dude-san's gonna tweak the trout out of it till it's not even recognizable.

Point, although in some ways this is the best one for Nomura to direct. FFVII was his first character design job for the franchise - I expect he holds it very dear indeed.

ahahaha how smurfing hilarious is the motorcycle game going to be in hd

You can already play G-Bike you know ;)
_Y2TQ3XTON4

Ayen
06-16-2015, 04:13 AM
ahahaha how smurfing hilarious is the motorcycle game going to be in hd

Hey! Motorcycle minigame was always cool.

Freya
06-16-2015, 04:15 AM
I JUST REALIZED. NOMURA WAS PULLED OFF FINAL FANTASY XV FOR THIS. THIS HAS BEEN IN THE MAKING FOR A WHILE. THIS IS WHY XV TOOK SO LONG.

oh torij already said it xD

chionos
06-16-2015, 04:19 AM

Point, although in some ways this is the best one for Nomura to direct. FFVII was his first character design job for the franchise - I expect he holds it very dear indeed.

Yeah, that's the problem, though. Artists tend to want to try new things and infuse new ideas when they redo their old special works, typically ruining what made the thing great in the first place. (E.g. Lucas with Star Wars).

Ayen
06-16-2015, 04:19 AM
I JUST REALIZED. NOMURA WAS PULLED OFF FINAL FANTASY XV FOR THIS. THIS HAS BEEN IN THE MAKING FOR A WHILE. THIS IS WHY XV TOOK SO LONG.

oh torij already said it xD

That's okay, it deserves repeating.

I take back every bad thing I ever said about Square Enix.

I also just realized that 2017 isn't just the 20th Year Anniversary of Final Fantasy VII. It's also the 30th Year Anniversary of Final Fantasy as a franchise!

What a perfect year for a remake.

Freya
06-16-2015, 04:20 AM
Just in case you guys are super nostalgia-y now, don't forget about our art remake.

ORomkRMXK38

Formalhaut
06-16-2015, 04:22 AM
Oh, I'm so excited for this. Next year, when me and Mr. Carnelian pool our money together to purchase a PS4, I'm going to have such a fun time showing off the three Final Fantasy games for it: Type-0, XV, and now, VII. What a great way to get Sam introduced to the 'classics' in the series. I'm so excited to share my love of VII to him! :omgomg:

Ayen
06-16-2015, 04:25 AM
Oh, I'm so excited for this. Next year, when me and Mr. Carnelian pool our money together to purchase a PS4, I'm going to have such a fun time showing off the three Final Fantasy games for it: Type-0, XV, and now, VII. What a great way to get Sam introduced to the 'classics' in the series. I'm so excited to share my love of VII to him! :omgomg:

Hell, my feelings on XV aside, I have to admit this is shaping up to be a good console generation for Final Fantasy.

Pumpkin
06-16-2015, 04:27 AM
I'll play it! The first game was fun enough. I just worry they'll go with the flanderized versions of the characters and that would be no bueno :ohdear:

Colonel Angus
06-16-2015, 04:30 AM
This is epic. I can't wait to see what other systems this game get's released for!

This game really deserves a graphics update. Probably more than any other FF game.

Wii U

nirojan
06-16-2015, 04:35 AM
This is epic. I can't wait to see what other systems this game get's released for!

This game really deserves a graphics update. Probably more than any other FF game.

Wii U

Lol...Do people with Wii U's really still hope for 3rd party games? I mean the last 3 Nintendo consoles didn't have any 3rd party support. Why would the Wii U which has sold the worst of any of them magically get anything outside of Nintendo's 1st party stable? Nomura wouldn't get out of bed for Wii U.

Freya
06-16-2015, 04:35 AM
Twitter just broke. I want to believe it was from Final Fantasy VII hype

Ayen
06-16-2015, 04:38 AM

Wii U

Lol...Do people with Wii U's really still hope for 3rd party games? I mean the last 3 Nintendo consoles didn't have any 3rd party support. Why would the Wii U which has sold the worst of any of them magically get anything outside of Nintendo's 1st party stable? Nomura wouldn't get out of bed for Wii U.

Yeah, a Wii U port is unlikely. This may be put on Xbox One later, and maybe even PC with how many FF titles have been going there lately. Plus, I think Nintendo's new system the NX will be out by the time this game is released.

Colonel Angus
06-16-2015, 04:38 AM

Wii U

It could happen... :G :G :G :G :G

nirojan
06-16-2015, 04:40 AM

Wii U

It could happen... :G :G :G :G :G

Let me clear I fucking love Nintendo, but they fucked up the Wii U. That is all ON THEM. Hopefully NX turns things around for them. Until then...get a PS4 :chocobo:

Bolivar
06-16-2015, 04:47 AM
I loved that the trailer was them getting ready to board the train... don't think it could have been any better than that.

Crop
06-16-2015, 04:49 AM
Oh my god...oh my freaking god.

Ayen
06-16-2015, 04:51 AM
I loved that the trailer was them getting ready to board the train... don't think it could have been any better than that.

I never thought I'd be so happy to see the back of someone's head.

And Barret's gunarm!

Lazerface
06-16-2015, 04:55 AM
ARRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!! HYPE MACHINE ACTIVATE!!! TURN UP TO 11!!!!!!? SQUARE ENIX FUCK YEAH!!!! COMING AGAIN TO SAVE THE MOTHERFUCKING EXPO YEAH!!

Lazerface
06-16-2015, 04:57 AM
TBH I'm stuck between getting a Xbox One or a PS4. But maybe the PS4 for FFVII and FFXV. I might just want to get a better PC for Fallout 4

Formalhaut
06-16-2015, 04:57 AM
It isn't suddenly April Fools, right? I'm not dreaming?

DarkMatta
06-16-2015, 04:58 AM
Well this describes how I feel perfectly.
https://instagram.com/p/3-cSseJFXz/

Ayen
It isn't suddenly April Fools, right? I'm not dreaming?

No, you're not dreaming. THIS HYPE IS REAL!

Freya
You're not dreaming.

Pumpkin
06-16-2015, 04:59 AM

what did that kid get

DarkMatta
06-16-2015, 05:09 AM

what did that kid get

Something magical.

Ayen
06-16-2015, 05:11 AM
Probably an early demo of the FFVII Remake, the lucky bastard!

NeoCracker
06-16-2015, 05:18 AM
...This is not gaming history. This is a remake. :p

May be ranked very low on my list of FF's, but fuck it. Day one purchase for me anyway. :p

Fynn
06-16-2015, 05:21 AM
Holy trout

Seriously though, I hope they get Andrea Bowen to voice Aerith. She was the best Aerith.

daggertrepe
06-16-2015, 05:25 AM
Haven't been on this damn forum in years...just wanted to say how freaking excited I am for this!! I cannot WAIT!!

Ayen
06-16-2015, 05:27 AM
How appropriate Cloud and Barett are getting on a train.

'Cause this hype train is in full swing. Next stop Midgar!

black orb
06-16-2015, 05:29 AM
>>> I feel like im dreaming. Is back! the hype! the golden era, life is good again..:luca:

Loony BoB hurry up and make another "FF moments (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/160354-Final-Fantasy-VII-Moments)" thing, we may get another remake.. lol

Colonel Angus
06-16-2015, 05:31 AM
Holy trout

Seriously though, I hope they get Andrea Bowen to voice Aerith. She was the best Aerith.
They'll go A-list Hollywood. Johnny Depp as Cloud, Sam Jackson as Barret, JLaw as Tifa, & Denis Leary as Red XIII.

Ayen
06-16-2015, 05:33 AM
Holy trout

I hope she gets to reprise her role as well.

Holy trout

They'll go A-list Hollywood. Johnny Depp as Cloud, Sam Jackson as Barret, JLaw as Tifa, & Denis Leary as Red XIII.

We all know there is only one voice for Barret.

Mr. T.

silentenigma
06-16-2015, 05:38 AM
I've returned briefly to express my tentative super-hype.

Scotty_ffgamer
06-16-2015, 05:41 AM
>>> I feel like im dreaming. Is back! the hype! the golden era, life is good again..:luca:

Loony BoB hurry up and make another "FF moments (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/160354-Final-Fantasy-VII-Moments)" thing, we may get another remake.. lol

I like to think it was all because of Loony BoB's project that this happened.

Anyways, I'd laugh if this took the same route as Versus XIII. Just a concept trailer that doesn't pay off for another 10 years. I doubt that would be the case. I have no super attachment to the game, and a lot of what I love from the game involves the sometimes weird translation, spelling errors, blocky graphics, etc etc. That charm won't be there, but I'm pretty interested in seeing how this will play out. They could do a lot to capture the nostalgia and atmosphere from the first game while improving aspects that didn't quite live up to what they were intending to convey. There is a lot of pretty adult things though that would cause issues at this point if they wanted to avoid an M rating. I almost feel like inevitably there will be some things lost and some things added that everyone will hate, but I hope it turns out great despite that!

Colonel Angus
06-16-2015, 05:44 AM
I don't think they eschew a M rating. Wasn't Type-0 rated M? An M rating for a game might mean better sales.

Ayen
06-16-2015, 05:47 AM

I like to think it was all because of Loony BoB's project that this happened.

Anyways, I'd laugh if this took the same route as Versus XIII. Just a concept trailer that doesn't pay off for another 10 years.

Don't say it! Don't even think it! Didn't your mother tell you that if you think bad thoughts they will come true?

Though I agree I doubt it'd be the case, especially if this is the reason FFXV has been taking so long. I think they're shooting for a 2017 release date for the anniversary. That gives me time to hopefully bag myself a PS4.

Fynn
06-16-2015, 05:52 AM
I wonder if they'll scale down Tifa's Boobs.

Scotty_ffgamer
06-16-2015, 05:52 AM
I have a feeling there isn't a lot of work done on this, and I HIGHLY doubt that this project is the reason XV has taken so long. I wouldn't be surprised if this is partially why Nomura was taken off the Versus project, but we'll see.

Type-0 is an M rating, but it was always meant to be a more adult title I think. It's hard to say if they'd do that for a mainline title though, even if a remake. We'll just have to wait and see what we do since we don't have anything really to go off of outside of the announcement trailer. We can say for certain that Midgar, Barret, and Cloud are present, but who knows outside of that, haha.

Pumpkin
06-16-2015, 05:54 AM

Maybe they'll give her more jiggle physics

Ayen
06-16-2015, 05:56 AM

Given Lightning's boob job and Cidney, I doubt it.

I have a feeling there isn't a lot of work done on this, and I HIGHLY doubt that this project is the reason XV has taken so long. I wouldn't be surprised if this is partially why Nomura was taken off the Versus project, but we'll see.

While I'm not going to cry if it doesn't come out on 2017 on the dot, even though it'd be perfect in every single way, I'm going to respond like a child now.

Lalalalalala! I can't see you, now. I can't hear you, now. Lalalalalalala!

Fynn
06-16-2015, 06:05 AM

I heard she did get jiggle physics in Lightning Returns.

Ayen
06-16-2015, 06:08 AM

I heard she did get jiggle physics in Lightning Returns.

Well, they had to recapture interest in FFXIII somehow.

Wait, why are we talking about FFXIII in the VII hype thread?

BACK TO BEING HYPED!

Fynn
06-16-2015, 06:19 AM
Wait...

If Lightning is a female Cloud...

And Cloud has to cross dress in this game...

Will the HD version of the Wall Market scene have Cloud dress up as Lightning?

Scotty_ffgamer
06-16-2015, 06:25 AM
Etro help us all.

Ayen
06-16-2015, 06:28 AM
Wait...

If a Lightning is a female Cloud...

And Cloud has to cross dress in this game...

Will the HD version of the Wall Market scene have Cloud dress up as Lightning?

http://i.imgur.com/pjAgiHL.gif

escobert
06-16-2015, 06:46 AM
I'm soooo friggen excited for this. I really hope they do a FFVII collection. even if I have to get a PS4 for it I would.

Fynn
06-16-2015, 06:51 AM
Collection of what? There is only one FFVII game and nothing else exists at all in that universe, nuh-uh. Why would they make a collection of one game, it just doesn't make sense?

Ayen
06-16-2015, 06:56 AM
Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, and Advent Children are canon and there's nothing anyone here can do about it.

Fynn
06-16-2015, 07:09 AM
Tralalalala! I can't hear you!

Ayen
06-16-2015, 07:15 AM
You're right, you can't.

But you can read me perfectly :smug:

Fynn
06-16-2015, 07:21 AM
Joke's on you - I didn't even read the previous pages and didn't know you did that.

Elpizo
06-16-2015, 07:29 AM
I bet they'll do away with simple, good ATB and random encounters in favour of some action hybrid button-masher because ewww ATB and random encounters are so dated. ;_;

It's gonna be curious to see how they're gonna do some of the game's quirkier moments (Honey Bee Inn, Cloud crossdressing...) in HD. If they cut them out, it's not gonna be a real remake.

Also, "This guy are sick" line or riot.

Vermachtnis
06-16-2015, 07:31 AM
I bet they'll do away with simple, good ATB and random encounters in favour of some action hybrid button-masher because ewww ATB and random encounters are so dated. ;_;

It's gonna be curious to see how they're gonna do some of the game's quirkier moments (Honey Bee Inn, Cloud crossdressing...) in HD. If they cut them out, it's not gonna be a real remake.

Also, "This guy are sick" line or riot.

They got to keep all that in. And "This guy are sick" is an iconic line, like "You spoony bard" and they keep that in.

Ayen
06-16-2015, 07:33 AM

I personally wouldn't be bothered if they did, but if they've learned anything these last couple of years they may leave it in.

I could think of a way they could do the "this guy are sick" line without it being jarring since they'll be voice acting this time around. Have Cloud go, "What?" when it's said and then Aerith corrects herself. Play it off as a slip of the tongue.

Bubba
06-16-2015, 07:41 AM
I've always said that FVII doesn't need to be remade. It is absolutely perfect as it is.

Therefore, seeing Cloud and Barret and hearing those notes... I stayed perfectly calm while my body involuntarily wet itself with excitement.

JLaw as Tifa.

Jude Law would make an awful Tifa.

fat_moogle
06-16-2015, 08:38 AM
I heard rumours that an FFVII remake was going to be announced, but I refused to believe it until I seen it. Now that I've seen it, I can't believe it! It's actually happening!

With Nomura running the show I don't think it'll be the traditional turn based JRPG that people are expecting it to be, but who knows. I look forward to finding out more.

Also the music really makes me want to watch Advent Children again.

Big D
06-16-2015, 08:43 AM
We'll see. Sure, they announced it and had a trailer and all, but there's plenty of time for them to drop the ball, back-pedal and generally wuss out.

If it actually happens, I'll be chuffed. If it's a faithful remake that ups the visuals, and tweaks the dialogue but retains the core gameplay underneath, I'll be very pleased indeed.

My biggest worry is that Nomura's directing this remake. I don't think he has the talent, and I'd be worried he'll turn it into a retconned cluster-smurf of his favourite tropes and cliches.

Ayen
06-16-2015, 08:44 AM
I heard rumours that an FFVII remake was going to be announced, but I refused to believe it until I seen it. Now that I've seen it, I can't believe it! It's actually happening!

With Nomura running the show I don't think it'll be the traditional turn based JRPG that people are expecting it to be, but who knows. I look forward to finding out more.

Also the music really makes me want to watch Advent Children again.

Oh yeah, I forgot Nomura doesn't really do the turn-based thing.

I don't think they'll get rid of Cloud's cross dressing. I mean, it's not like we haven't seen it in real life or on TV. Several animes have done it in the past. Thinking back to the Honeymoon Inn, it was innocent enough. The one thing they might consider removing is the rather suggestive bit when you're go through door number 2, but I could be remembering that wrong. I don't think the hot tub scene is a big enough deal to cut out. Then again, people these days do like to make a big deal out of nothing. I'm reminded of how Fox reacted to the ME1 love scene, despite it being nothing we haven't seen on prime time television.

I personally wouldn't be bothered if they changed things that were optional in the original game to begin with.

Shauna
06-16-2015, 08:45 AM
Neat.

I definitely did not get the reaction of some others in this thread, and I still half expect Squeenix to bungle this somehow...

Still gonna buy it though.

Rantz
06-16-2015, 08:58 AM
AIN'T NO GETTIN OFFA THIS HYPE TRAIN WE'RE ON!!!!!!!!!

Pheesh
06-16-2015, 09:02 AM
Sweet, I'll finally be able to play this game now. The graphics were too horrendous for me whenever I tried playing the port on my PS3 or vita, I wish I didn't practically know the whole story but I'm still looking forward to playing it.

Carl the Llama
06-16-2015, 09:10 AM
Maybe they'll give her more jiggle physics

give her more jiggle physics

jiggle physics

http://i.imgur.com/uL0ID4z.jpg

Jiggle physics aside, when I saw that trailer I made some very unmanly noises *coughs*

Fox
06-16-2015, 09:19 AM
I'm reminded of how Fox reacted to the ME1 love scene, despite it being nothing we haven't seen on prime time television.

I thought it was very tastefully done I'll have you know!

BTW can I please mention the thrill it gives me to see 'Final Fantasy VII' in the 'New and upcoming releases' section

Ayen
06-16-2015, 09:25 AM
BTW can I please mention the thrill it gives me to see 'Final Fantasy VII' in the 'New and upcoming releases' section

Yar! It does the old heart good, it does.

Edge7
06-16-2015, 09:29 AM
There was no way I could have been prepared for this. I hope it keeps references to the compilation to a minimum, and is tonally akin to Crisis Core

Shauna
06-16-2015, 09:43 AM
I hope that Square Enix will once again learn that Western Audiences do indeed want to play traditional RPGs thanks to the success of this. Maybe this time the lesson will be learned for more than a month.

Carl the Llama
06-16-2015, 11:17 AM
My day so far: Wake up, find out about the remake, board the hype train, get sleepy, think about the remake, board the hype train, get sleepy, think about the remake...

Mirage
06-16-2015, 11:26 AM
Still gonna buy it though.

And that's why they're doing it.

Ayen
06-16-2015, 11:38 AM
I hope that Square Enix will once again learn that Western Audiences do indeed want to play traditional RPGs thanks to the success of this. Maybe this time the lesson will be learned for more than a month.

Two months max. Three if we're lucky.

My day so far: Wake up, find out about the remake, board the hype train, get sleepy, think about the remake, board the hype train, get sleepy, think about the remake...

Not a bad cycle to be in.

Freya
06-16-2015, 12:16 PM
This was probably all our reactions. Great video. I like how the one guy is perched like a bird.

j1vSYIHlMp8

Kappy
06-16-2015, 12:17 PM
I thought today would be a good day to post on here for the first time in 5 years.

I also thought it I would admit that the teaser made me cry. I'm a 26 year old guy. And I bawled.

Moving on.

Chibi Youkai
06-16-2015, 12:47 PM
It's real? It's really real? And not a troll? I'm honest to God shaking. This has the potential to to be the most epic thing SE has done in almost a decade.

noxious.sunshine
06-16-2015, 12:58 PM
I'm excited to see Aerith/Aeris get stabbed in HD.

I'm excited to play it and not hit the glitch that makes you unable to learn final limit breaks.

metagloria
06-16-2015, 01:12 PM
This was probably all our reactions. Great video. I like how the one guy is perched like a bird.

j1vSYIHlMp8
Dude on the right is like

WHAT DO I DO WITH MY BODY

DanielCLFFF13
06-16-2015, 01:52 PM
Wow... that's a surprise... it's good that they listen to the fans once in a while...
I mean years of asking about the remake...
I do hope it's still feature ATB system... really hope so...
That's what's brought me to Final Fantasy... the ATB system... (please classic ATB >.<)

I'm not following the hype with the game industry...
Because in several case... Hype well lead a huge let down for the fans...

I just hope it's good as the original...

But this is my opinion :)

sharkythesharkdogg
06-16-2015, 02:16 PM
There's too much to read through on this thread, but I'll remain reserved and hopeful they don't ruin it. I'm afraid they're going to retcon the main character's personalities to match what all the other games in the franchise have turned them into.

The only thing I figured was less likely to come out for the Playstation 4 than Final Fantasy 15 was a remake of FF7.

So congrats FF15. You're now probably not happening on the system. Either that, or they're hoping people may forgive them for it not being very good by releasing a sure thing with the FF7 remake.

I sound bitter, but I just have very little faith left in the company. They can make a pretty Final Fantasy, but I'm waiting to see if they can still make a good Final Fantasy.

Jinx
06-16-2015, 02:36 PM

YOU CAN KEEP ME DOWN*, MOTHERSMURFER

*mostly because I jiggle

maybee
06-16-2015, 02:43 PM
Goes into youtube. Finds One Winged Angel. Turns up the volume. Parties hard.

:love:

Shorty
06-16-2015, 02:47 PM
Did this announcement really come out twelve hours ago and we're talking about the jiggle factor for Tifa's boobs?

Pretty awesome to see the entire world of nerds united over this.

Fox
06-16-2015, 02:49 PM
Goes into youtube. Finds One Winged Angel. Turns up the volume. Parties hard.

:love:

A freshly arranged OST is worth the price of entry alone.

Formalhaut
06-16-2015, 04:22 PM
I mentioned this as a joke on one of Sarah's Facebook posts, but:

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120104000224/finalfantasy/images/e/ed/NPC-ffvii-mukki1.png

Who wouldn't want to see this handsome chap in stunning PS4 graphics?

Although I'm unsure how they can tastefully recreate this scene:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080118162707/finalfantasy/images/thumb/4/4b/RudeAwakening.png/200px-RudeAwakening.png

Shauna
06-16-2015, 04:30 PM
Although I'm unsure how they can tastefully recreate this scene:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080118162707/finalfantasy/images/thumb/4/4b/RudeAwakening.png/200px-RudeAwakening.png

They can't. Which is why some people are concerned that it won't be recreated at all!

I mean, it wasn't even tasteful to begin with.

Carl the Llama
06-16-2015, 04:36 PM

YOU CAN KEEP ME DOWN*, MOTHERSMURFER

*mostly because I jiggle

You should totally do a cosplay of Tifa and do a jiggle, send it to squenix saying "real boobs jiggle, so should Tifa's" and then *coughsharethevideowithuscough* :smug:

Formalhaut
06-16-2015, 04:42 PM
My only concern is that they'll rip the comedy heart out of VII in the remake. Do not misunderstand. VII was a deep, thought-provoking game with several mature themes. But throughout the game was a quirkiness about it. The Honey Bee Inn and the part with Don Corneo practically summarizes this in one neat package. Those parts were important in their own right.

Now, you could make a scene like the screenshot above because graphics. But of course, with the new updated remake, it is going to just look awkward. That scene aside, I'm really hoping they retain the humor VII had. That offbeat, slightly innuendo-y humor.

Oh, and Barret and Cid's swearing. Ha! Oh wow.

Shorty
06-16-2015, 05:03 PM
My only concern is that they'll rip the comedy heart out of VII in the remake. Do not misunderstand. VII was a deep, thought-provoking game with several mature themes. But throughout the game was a quirkiness about it. The Honey Bee Inn and the part with Don Corneo practically summarizes this in one neat package. Those parts were important in their own right.

Now, you could make a scene like the screenshot above because graphics. But of course, with the new updated remake, it is going to just look awkward. That scene aside, I'm really hoping they retain the humor VII had. That offbeat, slightly innuendo-y humor.

Oh, and Barret and Cid's swearing. Ha! Oh wow.

This is a concern of mine as well. I hope that they don't take it in too serious of a direction because the comedy factor is one of the reasons I think it is so well-loved.

Loony BoB
06-16-2015, 05:06 PM
If they remove Mr. Dolphin...

sharkythesharkdogg
06-16-2015, 05:08 PM
They are absolutely going to take it too serious.

At least that's my prediction.

It will be neat to see the Weapons in updated form. (not equipment, but Ruby, Emerald, Diamond)

Fox
06-16-2015, 06:00 PM
Here's a potentially interesting note. Talking about how much of the compilation they're going to include, we do have one tiny hint to that already.

The Buster Sword shown in the trailer is the design from the original game, not the updated design from Crisis Core. Compare:

Original:

http://www.ironmanmode.com/wp-content/uploads/Screen-Shot-2012-03-26-at-02.00.341.png

Crisis Core:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120508014523/finalfantasy/images/archive/8/86/20131021013232!Buster_Sword_-_Crisis_Core.png

Trailer:

http://i.imgur.com/jHkXit2.jpg

Cloudane
06-16-2015, 06:49 PM
HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE*BREATHE*

Yeah I've been basically twitching around since finding this out this morning (heard the rumours, didn't believe them for a second) that was one long day at work!

AAAAAAAAAAAA

Of course, it'll be "darker", the humour will be sucked out, Don Corneo and Honey Bee will be nowhere to be seen, Mr Dolphin will turn out to be a robotic rocket thing, there will be no overworld, battles will be hack-n-slash, all the puzzles will be removed like the route up to Shinra HQ and the floors up there, cait sith will be minus the moogle and airship navigation will be menu based.
But I think I'll be able to forgive them, so long as there's still a golden shiny wire of hope.

I mean... it may well be essentially a completely different game. But it'll be cool to see everywhere in glorious new graphics.

Jess
06-16-2015, 08:15 PM
I'm so excited I don't know if I believe that it's actually happening or if it's just some kind of cruel joke.

E: please give us turn based battles. I miss that :(

Freya
06-16-2015, 08:23 PM
They officially confirmed it at the SE press conference but said they will have more details later this year.

Kappy
06-16-2015, 08:25 PM
I'm fully expecting them to give the gameplay an overhaul - I don't expect turn based either, from SE's POV it's got to appeal to a new audience and that system is quite old fashioned. If it's a remake I expect them to do more than just update the graphics and sound!

I don't mind that either, as long as they stay true to the original story and don't cut or change things in that regard.

Fox
06-16-2015, 08:33 PM
On the other hand, turn based is easier to make than something high action with lots of physics to worry about. Staying true to the original would help them keep the budget and development time under control.

BlasterDarkRen
06-16-2015, 08:34 PM
woke up this morning to have had the trailer thrown at me on facebook. I made a majestic WRRYYYYYYYY

FFVII was the first PS game I ever owned. FFVII will be the first PS4 game I own. It's the circle of lifestream

Kappy
06-16-2015, 08:38 PM
Totally, but I'd imagine part of SE's reason for doing this is to bring FFVII to a new generation of fans and it's got to compete gameplay-wise. I'd worry they be reluctant to do it.

Perducci
06-16-2015, 08:52 PM
Worst case scenario is that they take out all of the fun and we get a completely new version of FF7 that looks as beautiful as FF15 does and are still completely free to go back and play the original, too. I'm just glad it's finally been announced.

Fox
06-16-2015, 09:53 PM
Worst case scenario is that they take out all of the fun and we get a completely new version of FF7 that looks as beautiful as FF15 does and are still completely free to go back and play the original, too. I'm just glad it's finally been announced.

When that's your worst case scenario, things are pretty good really.

As you say - even if it sucks, the original will still be there. And we'll at least have a prettier version to gawk at.

Ayen
06-17-2015, 12:34 AM
FFVII Remake won't suck, nerds. FFVII Remake will cure cancer, put a stop to world hunger, and bring about world peace.

FFVII Remake is love! FFVII Remake is life!

Forsaken Lover
06-17-2015, 12:47 AM
So I've been thoroughly sidetracked by Skyrim for the last two weeks and I just thought "maybe I'll see what's happening on the boards."

And I find this.

Ten years. Ten years people have been demanding this and they finally gave in.

Nomura directing and Nojima writing is worrying though. That combination leads to Kingdom Hearts II. I do not want KH in my FFVII.

Fox
06-17-2015, 01:08 AM
Nojima wrote FFVII originally though... so you'd think he'd be able to do a decent job of it!

Ayen
06-17-2015, 01:12 AM
"Nojima writing is worrying!"
"But he was the original writer..."
"Quiet you!"

BlasterDarkRen
06-17-2015, 01:45 AM
FFVII Remake won't suck, nerds. FFVII Remake will cure cancer, put a stop to world hunger, and bring about world peace.

FFVII Remake is love! FFVII Remake is life!

FFVII Remake is za warudo.

I am looking forward to doing this again:
https://www.facebook.com/YubelMalevolent/media_set?set=a.10150456405596767.358325.697731766&type=3

Crop
06-17-2015, 01:51 AM
Now I've had time to settle down and stop shaking, I've had time to think about it. Thinking about FFVII as a whole, with its humor and quirks and all, I think they'll ruin it. I honestly do. I think they'll make it way too dark and broody and turn it into what VII has become since the game came out.

BUT SCREW IT, IM RIDING THE HYPE TRAIN ALL THE WAY TO SECTOR 7, TOOT TOOT. THIS GAME ARE SICK!

Jinx
06-17-2015, 01:53 AM
I think there's a very high probability they'll fuck it up.

But, we're finally getting a game that pretty much all of us have been wanting for 10 years, so I think we should just sit down, shut up, and be excited and grateful for the time being. There will be plenty of time to bitch and moan about how it's different than the original later.

Ayen
06-17-2015, 02:02 AM
They could keep everything in it from the original game and people would still bitch, so...

-turns up FFVII music to drown out the bitching-

BlasterDarkRen
06-17-2015, 02:06 AM
if I had a gil for every time someone bitched about a minor thing even though it was what they'd been asking for for years...

I'd be able to buy the house in Costa Del Sol

Del Murder
06-17-2015, 05:05 AM
I'm excited. Interesting that everyone is saying 'is this detail in it, is that detail in it'. If you want everything that was in the original FFVII then go play it again. It's still pretty good.

I do expect they'll retain the spirit of the original and keep the major events and gameplay intact. They may update the ATB to be a quicker or more automated but I don't expect it to be an action RPG or anything like that. SE has lost our faith in many ways but they're not completely lost.

I wonder if this announcement means that they are officially out of ideas. I always expect them to do this as the last effort to save the company.

Ayen
06-17-2015, 05:09 AM
I like to think that during their rehab of sorts they realized, "People want a FFVII Remake. Let's give it to them." Of course, that means there's no way it's coming out by 2017 with how big of a project it'd be, but I'm not bothered. We'll probably get the HD port or something in 2017.

Saber
06-17-2015, 05:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3mat8RFRYY

If it don't start out like this I won't like it. :P

I really hope they don't mess this up. If they decide to do a total re-write of the story making it a different or "more this age" game might suck. They did it right back then but I don't remember any of that trailer in the game so it could be possible it is not the FFVII we all loved but could be something more like XIII.

Forsaken Lover
06-17-2015, 05:45 AM
"Quiet you!"

With Kitase. Kitase also directed. You'll notice Nojima's two best games - FFVII and FFX - both had Kitase helping with the writing and also directing.

Team efforts and collaborations obviously matter when making a giant ass video game like this.

Ayen
06-17-2015, 05:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3mat8RFRYY

If it don't start out like this I won't like it. :P

I really hope they don't mess this up. If they decide to do a total re-write of the story making it a different or "more this age" game might suck. They did it right back then but I don't remember any of that trailer in the game so it could be possible it is not the FFVII we all loved but could be something more like XIII.

Considering the original game came out in 1997 with all the limitations of the first PlayStation, and Midgar was bigger than what we got to see, it doesn't come as a surprise we'll get to see more of it in a PS4 remake that wasn't shown the first time around. I doubt we'll get another FFXIII after everything they worked on since being much better than that. Not that it's hard to make something better than FFXIII, mind you.

"Quiet you!"

With Kitase. Kitase also directed. You'll notice Nojima's two best games - FFVII and FFX - both had Kitase helping with the writing and also directing.

Team efforts and collaborations obviously matter when making a giant ass video game like this.

Obviously, but since most of the things people went nuts over regarding Versus XIII/XV was when he was the director, I don't have a lot of reason to doubt him right now.

black orb
06-17-2015, 06:26 AM

j1vSYIHlMp8
>>> Kind of bland compared to mine..
I cried, screamed, jumped like crazy then i got drunk and celebrated, and then i peed in my pants.:luca:

NeoCracker
06-17-2015, 07:49 AM
http://nichegamer.com/2015/06/final-fantasy-vii-remake-may-deviate-from-original-story-made-to-support-ps4-in-japan/

Apperently a big reason they are doing it now is that the felt if they waited to much longer, they would be to old to do it, and wanted this game done with the original staff.

Also, Cross Dressing scene will still be there, and it sounds like there may be tweeks to the story.

Ayen
06-17-2015, 08:12 AM
http://nichegamer.com/2015/06/final-fantasy-vii-remake-may-deviate-from-original-story-made-to-support-ps4-in-japan/

Apperently a big reason they are doing it now is that the felt if they waited to much longer, they would be to old to do it, and wanted this game done with the original staff.

Also, Cross Dressing scene will still be there, and it sounds like there may be tweeks to the story.

Happy to hear they've already been working on it for a year and wanted to do it with the original members, and frankly I agree with him. Why have the same exact game on the same console? Tweaks to the story sound better than a complete rehaul for those concerned. It could also just mean they're ironing out plot holes from the original game.

I'm even more interested for more information now when winter comes.

Bubba
06-17-2015, 08:19 AM
They will inevitably miss a lot of the little touches that make the original what it is. To recreate everything as it was in a 1080 3D environment would just be too much of an ask, I think.

Psychotic
06-17-2015, 08:20 AM
Yeah I think if people want a like-for-like facsimile of FFVII then they're going to be disappointed. It's been 20 years, there's nothing wrong with changing and adding things. For one, they're surely going scrap all of the towns and map layouts as they were designed for PS1. If they have brand new HD layouts for the likes of Midgar - and have it be a real bustle! - and Cosmo Canyon that capture the original feel it'd be incredible.

Ayen
06-17-2015, 08:24 AM
The Resident Evil Remake added stuff that wasn't in the original and look how well that turned out.

I'm really liking the idea of possibly being able to explore more of Midgar this time around. They had how many sectors? Eight? And we only saw a couple of them in the original game? Imagine being able to explore all of the sectors in-between the main quest. That'd be smurfing awesome! Make the reveal that Midgar is just one town an even bigger mindblown moment than in the original.

Also, remember how awesome it was seeing those giant summons in FFXV?

Imagine the Weapons getting the same treatment. Holy troutballs that'd be awesome and terrifying all at once, especially the way Ruby and Emerald were introduced. Emerald Weapon's appearance was scary enough with the polygons, I can't imagine how crazy it'd be with current gen tech.

Fox
06-17-2015, 09:45 AM
I like to think that during their rehab of sorts they realized, "People want a FFVII Remake. Let's give it to them." Of course, that means there's no way it's coming out by 2017 with how big of a project it'd be, but I'm not bothered. We'll probably get the HD port or something in 2017.

Remember the PC port they trolled us with last year? Nomura has said that the remake was in the works before that, so it's been at least a year in development already. With that in mind I can see it coming in 2017, assuming they're using the XV game engine (not having to build a game engine knocks a good 2/3 years off a development).

EDIT: I read further and see you have already discovered that. ^^

Big D
06-17-2015, 09:48 AM
I'm excited. Interesting that everyone is saying 'is this detail in it, is that detail in it'. If you want everything that was in the original FFVII then go play it again. It's still pretty good.

I do expect they'll retain the spirit of the original and keep the major events and gameplay intact. They may update the ATB to be a quicker or more automated but I don't expect it to be an action RPG or anything like that. SE has lost our faith in many ways but they're not completely lost.

I wonder if this announcement means that they are officially out of ideas. I always expect them to do this as the last effort to save the company.I agree with pretty much all this. Both the excitement, and the "out of ideas" part. I'd say the current creative team at Square-Enix don't really have what it takes to make something new with a similar scope and immersion compared to their earlier successes. But those earlier successes were so significant that they perhaps deserve a re-telling. Like others are saying, it'd be great to have a chance to explore that world in more detail, seeing more of Midgar and everywhere else. Minor story edits sounds like a good thing, too, if they're used only to remove ambiguity or confusion.

Oddly, you can already pre-order the game even though it doesn't yet have a release year, let alone a release date: https://www.ebgames.co.nz/ps4-208749-Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Placeholder-Price-PlayStation-4

Ayen
06-17-2015, 09:50 AM

Remember the PC port they trolled us with last year? Nomura has said that the remake was in the works before that, so it's been at least a year in development already. With that in mind I can see it coming in 2017, assuming they're using the XV game engine (not having to build a game engine knocks a good 2/3 years off a development).

EDIT: I read further and see you have already discovered that. ^^

When browsing elsewhere I see some people are calling bulltrout on Nomura's statements, so I hope they're proven wrong when we get more information about the game. Japan has been guilty of stranger things, so I have no reason to believe Nomura is lying.

I hope they're using the same game engine, too. Not sure why they wouldn't.

Oddly, you can already pre-order the game even though it doesn't yet have a release year, let alone a release date: https://www.ebgames.co.nz/ps4-208749-Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Placeholder-Price-PlayStation-4

That's pretty weird. Even I would wait for a release date before pre-ordering.

Fox
06-17-2015, 10:05 AM
When browsing elsewhere I see some people are calling bulltrout on Nomura's statements, so I hope they're proven wrong when we get more information about the game. Japan has been guilty of stranger things, so I have no reason to believe Nomura is lying.

What are they suggesting?

As you say, unless they have specific evidence to suggest he's lying - he probably isn't. It seems pretty likely he was taken off XV specifically to work on VII and when did Tabata take over XV? Late 2013? 2014? I imagine when that happened, that's the moment where pre-production on VII started.

Ayen
06-17-2015, 10:34 AM

What are they suggesting?

As you say, unless they have specific evidence to suggest he's lying - he probably isn't. It seems pretty likely he was taken off XV specifically to work on VII and when did Tabata take over XV? Late 2013? 2014? I imagine when that happened, that's the moment where pre-production on VII started.

Just things like questioning it because of the teaser, and then one guy going on a long, winded anti-Nomura rant about him always making excuses, etc. Probably wasn't worth bringing up now that I think about it.

Carl the Llama
06-17-2015, 11:42 AM
I'd just like to take this chance to remind everyone that Clouds head is the logo for FFVII:

http://i.imgur.com/7O9Mjw9.png

Shauna
06-17-2015, 12:13 PM
Looks more like Wakka, tbh.

Scotty_ffgamer
06-17-2015, 05:29 PM
"All of this machina in Midgar is bad. We're going to blow up the reactor, ya?"

Chibi Youkai
06-17-2015, 05:32 PM
You know it's big news when a game announcement makes the front page of the BBC.
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-33159918

-N-
06-17-2015, 06:08 PM
Hot damn, I may have to buy a PS4 now... after building up my gaming PC too!

Mirage
06-17-2015, 06:40 PM
Buy it when the game is released. It'll have dropped maybe over a hundred bucks.

Strider
06-17-2015, 07:11 PM
I hate to be that guy, since FFVII is cool and all, but where's my Final Fantasy VI remake, huh? I'd be first in line for that, and I wouldn't be for this.

Vermachtnis
06-17-2015, 07:20 PM
Also, remember how awesome it was seeing those giant summons in FFXV?

Imagine the Weapons getting the same treatment. Holy troutballs that'd be awesome and terrifying all at once, especially the way Ruby and Emerald were introduced. Emerald Weapon's appearance was scary enough with the polygons, I can't imagine how crazy it'd be with current gen tech.

I didn't even think of that. Chasing down Ultima with the airship is going to be fun or at least look a lot better.

Galuf
06-17-2015, 07:22 PM
OMG. i feel like an idiot for buying an xbox one a few weeks back......

Maybe they will add......PEARL WEAPON!!!!!!...... yeah i dont know either..

Fox
06-17-2015, 07:36 PM
I hate to be that guy, since FFVII is cool and all, but where's my Final Fantasy VI remake, huh? I'd be first in line for that, and I wouldn't be for this.

Maybe at some point they'll show the opening to VI in a real time tech demo. Then ten years later you'll get your remake!

Ayen
06-17-2015, 07:38 PM

Maybe at some point they'll show the opening to VI in a real time tech demo. Then ten years later you'll get your remake!

I'd be satisfied with just the tech demo. The opening of VI is beautiful.

-N-
06-17-2015, 08:03 PM
I hate to be that guy, since FFVII is cool and all, but where's my Final Fantasy VI remake, huh? I'd be first in line for that, and I wouldn't be for this.Word, I was actually expecting this first.

mindfray
06-17-2015, 08:32 PM
Some of you were wondering about this, not bother to go through 13 pages to see if its posted yet :P

http://www.vg247.com/2015/06/17/final-fantasy-7-director-says-please-look-forward-to-crossdressing-cloud-in-the-gritty-remake/
about the honey bee inn part of the game

Mirage
06-17-2015, 09:28 PM
I seriously want girl cloud to be an optional outfit that you can wear forever.

Carl the Llama
06-17-2015, 10:57 PM

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/final-fantasy-vi/id719401490?mt=8

Glad to be of service :)

Depression Moon
06-18-2015, 03:52 PM
VII is one of my least favorite out of the series, but for some reason that announcement made me hype. I tell you what, they better not remove Honey Bee Inn and Don Corneo.

Mirage
06-18-2015, 03:57 PM
I'm glad there are some things even we can agree on, DM :p

Rocket Edge
06-19-2015, 12:17 AM
This is so huge!!! I'm extremely happy like many of you but my concerns lie with how much they change. I want active time/turn based-battles to return!

Formalhaut
06-19-2015, 06:34 PM
http://home.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=64945&stc=1

The GameFAQ poll of the day is pretty conclusive on what stole the show at E3 :p

Ayen
06-20-2015, 12:26 AM
Hell yeah! Go FFVII!

Backdrifter
06-20-2015, 12:31 AM
Even if there are changes that annoy me, it will still be so totally amazing and worth it. The thought of an updated version of the FF7 soundtrack alone makes me want to jump for joy. :love:

Carl the Llama
06-20-2015, 12:57 AM
Even if there are changes that annoy me, it will still be so totally amazing and worth it. The thought of an updated version of the FF7 soundtrack alone makes me want to jump for joy. :love:

Welcome to the forum, congrats on your first post in 8 years xD

Fox
06-20-2015, 01:15 AM

Welcome to the forum, congrats on your first post in 8 years xD

Literally waiting for this moment since that PS3 tech demo XD

BlasterDarkRen
06-20-2015, 01:39 AM
what bothers me currently is how much Squenix treats Lightning like the series mascot these days... I'm just worried FemCloud in the Honeybee Inn will look pretty much like her.

Ayen
06-20-2015, 01:54 AM
what bothers me currently is how much Squenix treats Lightning like the series mascot these days... I'm just worried FemCloud in the Honeybee Inn will look pretty much like her.

See what you've done, Fynn? :stare:

People, we must think positive thoughts. POSITIVE THOUGHTS!

Carl the Llama
06-20-2015, 02:00 AM

Final Fantasy VII is being remade.

Forsaken Lover
06-20-2015, 02:00 AM
Aerith:This guy are sick.
C;loud: What did you just say?
Aerith: Huh? Oh...god, I'm an idiot. Don't look at me like that! I went to grammar school! It was really hard too since the Turks kept trying to kidnap me during recess. But I still got a B- in most of my classes, including English.

Just my hopes for the localization.

Ayen
06-20-2015, 02:10 AM
"I live in the slums, what do you want? Education is always the first to get cut to leave room in the budget for your fancy mako reactors and super soldiers!"

BlasterDarkRen
06-20-2015, 02:12 AM

See what you've done, Fynn? :stare:

please don't misunderstand, I'll still enjoy the game, I just hope that they don't feel the need to throw her into another game just because they can.

Forsaken Lover
06-20-2015, 02:17 AM
I was thinking about it and I want Maechen (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYkSyI3aKSw) in this game. Gilgamesh has kinda gone on to be in every game ever so why not Maechen? As long as they get his original voice back. I could listen to that guy forever and there is certainly enough backstory in the FFVII world to justify some crazy old man following you about to explain it.

BlasterDarkRen
06-20-2015, 02:20 AM
I was thinking about it and I want Maechen (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYkSyI3aKSw) in this game. Gilgamesh has kinda gone on to be in every game ever so why not Maechen? As long as they get his original voice back. I could listen to that guy forever and there is certainly enough backstory in the FFVII world to justify some crazy old man following you about to explain it.

Especially since Square Enix have confirmed the worlds of VII and X are linked, this really would fit.

Ayen
06-20-2015, 02:22 AM

Especially since Square Enix have confirmed the worlds of VII and X are linked, this really would fit.

What?

BlasterDarkRen
06-20-2015, 02:26 AM

What?
Both Final Fantasy VII Ultimania Omega (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII_Ultimania_Omega) and the Final Fantasy X-2 Ultimania, suggest that Shinra of Final Fantasy X-2 has a connection to the company of the same name (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Shinra_Electric_Power_Company) in Final Fantasy VII (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII).
From Final Fantasy VII Ultimania Omega:[1] (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Shinra_(Final_Fantasy_X-2)#cite_note-ultimania-0)
Shinra is a boy who supports the Gullwings, the group which the main protagonist, Yuna, belongs to. He carries a name that gives him an association to the Shin-Ra Company, and he is researching a method that could utilize the energy of "the life force that flows through our planet." The results of this cannot be seen in FFX-2, but maybe one day his descendants will establish a "company that supplies the energy of the planet"?In the Final Fantasy X-2 Ultimania Kazushige Nojima (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Kazushige_Nojima) said the following:[1] (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Shinra_(Final_Fantasy_X-2)#cite_note-ultimania-0)

After quitting the Gullwings, Shinra received enormous financial support from Rin, and began trying to use Vegnagun to siphon Mako Energy from the Farplane. But, he is unable to complete the system for utilizing this energy in his generation, and in the future, when traveling to distant planets becomes possible, the Shin-Ra Company is founded on another world, or something like that....... That would happen about 1000 years after this story, I think.

Ayen
06-20-2015, 02:29 AM
I think FFVII wins the award for most aliens coming to their planet and smurfing everything up.

BlasterDarkRen
06-20-2015, 02:32 AM
I think FFVII wins the award for most aliens coming to their planet and smurfing everything up.

Gaia is just a trout magnet. in space.

Mercen-X
06-20-2015, 03:25 AM
Aerith:This guy are sick.
Cloud: What did you just say?
Aerith: Huh? Oh...god, I'm an idiot. Don't look at me like that! I went to grammar school! It was really hard too since the Turks kept trying to kidnap me during recess. But I still got a B- in most of my classes, including English.

Aeris: This guy are sick.
Cloud: What did you just say?
Aeris: Shh. Moving on.

I would rather she not make excuses.

Ayen
06-20-2015, 03:46 AM
The more I think about it, the more I'm liking Mirage's subtle subtitles reference better. Newbies to the game will go, "There's a typo in the subtitles at this part!" and we'll just be like :smug:

BlasterDarkRen
06-20-2015, 03:48 AM
The more I think about it, the more I'm liking Mirage's subtle subtitles reference better. Newbies to the game will go, "There's a typo in the subtitles at this part!" and we'll just be like :smug:

"beacause you are a puppet" from the very end of disc 1... wonder if they'll change that one XD

Ayen
06-20-2015, 03:49 AM
Holy crap! All these years and I never realized there was an extra A in there.

Sneaky typos.

BlasterDarkRen
06-20-2015, 03:53 AM
well ain't I a hella educator this evening :p typos and inter-game relations...

Forsaken Lover
06-20-2015, 04:18 AM
I never noticed until it was pointed out to me that sometimes they typed it "Mateor" or "Meteo."

Ayen
06-20-2015, 04:19 AM
FFVII: Driving Grammar Nazis crazy for twenty years!

BlasterDarkRen
06-20-2015, 05:09 AM
this grammar nazi are sick.

Aerith's Knight
06-21-2015, 09:37 PM
After years and years and years and even more years of wishing, whining, wailing, and wanting a remake of FFVII it is finally here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZj0eemFkVQ

Discuss here what you think will change, what you hope will change, what improvements they might make and how deep Square must be in dept to finally do it.

Discuss. Are you hyped?

Shauna
06-21-2015, 09:54 PM
I merged your thread with the existing FF7 hype thread.

There are a few threads on the subject already! You musta thought we had all been asleep for the past week or something. xD

Ayen
06-22-2015, 12:06 AM
I'm Hype the Pokemon, who evolves into Mega Hype, who then evolves into ULTRA HYPE!

Right now can you guess which evolution stage I'm on?

ULTRA HYPE!

Mirage
06-22-2015, 12:16 AM

What?
Both Final Fantasy VII Ultimania Omega (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII_Ultimania_Omega) and the Final Fantasy X-2 Ultimania, suggest that Shinra of Final Fantasy X-2 has a connection to the company of the same name (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Shinra_Electric_Power_Company) in Final Fantasy VII (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII).
From Final Fantasy VII Ultimania Omega:[1] (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Shinra_(Final_Fantasy_X-2)#cite_note-ultimania-0)
Shinra is a boy who supports the Gullwings, the group which the main protagonist, Yuna, belongs to. He carries a name that gives him an association to the Shin-Ra Company, and he is researching a method that could utilize the energy of "the life force that flows through our planet." The results of this cannot be seen in FFX-2, but maybe one day his descendants will establish a "company that supplies the energy of the planet"?In the Final Fantasy X-2 Ultimania Kazushige Nojima (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Kazushige_Nojima) said the following:[1] (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Shinra_(Final_Fantasy_X-2)#cite_note-ultimania-0)

After quitting the Gullwings, Shinra received enormous financial support from Rin, and began trying to use Vegnagun to siphon Mako Energy from the Farplane. But, he is unable to complete the system for utilizing this energy in his generation, and in the future, when traveling to distant planets becomes possible, the Shin-Ra Company is founded on another world, or something like that....... That would happen about 1000 years after this story, I think.

It's always fun when a game's original writers fall to fan-fiction level of writing.

Forsaken Lover
06-22-2015, 04:09 AM
It's always fun when a game's original writers fall to fan-fiction level of writing.

You ain't seen nothing yet.

Visual representation of Nojima's FFX-2.5 Novel (http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=16969)

BlasterDarkRen
06-23-2015, 11:08 AM
I'm Hype the Pokemon, who evolves into Mega Hype, who then evolves into ULTRA HYPE!

Right now can you guess which evolution stage I'm on?

ULTRA HYPE!

isWjSmX_cB0

Yet more footage of Tori covertly caught on camera.

Can't blame her though, I'm the same.

Bubba
06-23-2015, 11:18 AM

ToriJ: Confusing newer members into thinking he's a girl since 2013 :lol:

Mirage
06-23-2015, 11:22 AM
Pft, I did that sort of thing a decade ago.

Formalhaut
06-23-2015, 11:26 AM

That was SO last year.

BlasterDarkRen
06-23-2015, 11:37 AM
...what the hell did I start XD

Mirage
06-23-2015, 11:50 AM
That was SO last year.

Yeah, so I did it 8 years before it was cool

#lv99hipster

Formalhaut
06-23-2015, 12:21 PM
...what the hell did I start XD

Don't worry, I too made that same mistake when Tori first joined. :lol:

Ayen
06-23-2015, 12:56 PM

2013? My boy, people have been asking me my gender since the 1990's. You underestimate my power.

Mirage
06-23-2015, 01:18 PM
what, how old are you?

Ayen
06-23-2015, 01:23 PM
what, how old are you?

25. In an attempt to keep this somewhat on topic, I was either seven or eight when I played FFVII for the first time. How old did you think I was?

Mirage
06-23-2015, 01:24 PM
20 or something

topic: omg i love ff7 hype

Shauna
06-23-2015, 01:27 PM
Yeah, you better be bringing this topic back on point.

BlasterDarkRen
06-23-2015, 01:35 PM
I'm 30, I first played FFVII when I was 13. It's a game that's been a part of my life for over half of it so yeah XD

Egami
06-25-2015, 04:33 PM

I'm right there with you. I feel like a kid again.

OMG THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING!

I feel the same way, best video game news ever! Really cannot wait to hear more this winter and I am liking what we have heard from Nomura in the interviews so far. He seems to have the right mindset for it.