PDA

View Full Version : Shenmue III

Madame Adequate
06-16-2015, 04:03 AM
Okay so this FF fansite is going nuts over FF7 Remake for good reason but let's not forget that Shenmue III is also a thing and judging by the speed the kickstarter is going, it's gonna be fully funded by tomorrow morning.

It made over $500,000 before the Sony conference ended, fyi, and at the time of this post is at $819k, might even hit a million before midnight EST

Also Shenmue was one of my absolute faves as a teen, ambitious and crazy and immersive and just brilliant, so I am so goddamn excited about this. Please discuss the black car.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3

Vyk
06-16-2015, 04:27 AM
I never beat it, but I super enjoyed it, but never got back into it, because I was sad it was one of the last big SEGA games before they turned their back on their console fans

Then the second one was all weird, in not being released, and then being released on other consoles, and then talk about how the story was only half over and never going to be finished, so I just never bothered trying to get back into the series. But lately I've been debating on hooking my Dreamcast back up and dabble in old games, and now there's this. Maybe I should get Shenmue 2 in preparation/celebration

It is weird to have a good "corporate" crowd funding fundraiser. They really need to promise no corporate interference on this one... or it will completely sully the idea entirely. And its weirdly sketchy already. But then again, if this is the only way for fans to get games they want that are owned by stubborn companies that don't want to use the IPs then I guess so be it. Better than letting good series stay buried..

Pumpkin
06-16-2015, 04:29 AM
I watched a CGR review of it and laughed pretty hard at some of the voice acting. It might be fun, I'll check it out if it's a go

EDIT:
I watched a review of the first one. I suppose I should specify!

Night Fury
06-16-2015, 04:39 AM
Yes

yes

yes

yes

yassss

hnnnnggrrrrrrrr yasss

Wolf Kanno
06-16-2015, 04:45 AM
I'm happy to see this game getting loved. While I've never played it, I have been part of ambitious series that will never see their proper ending so I feel for Shenmue fans.

Shauna
06-16-2015, 09:51 AM
I have never played this. I wonder if this release will spawn some rereleases of the originals. Alternatively, I will acquire them.

NeoCracker
06-16-2015, 09:59 AM
1.8 Mil already. It hasn't even been 12 hours. We are getting Shenmue and ALL it's stretch goals by the end of this. :p It'll be fun to finally get the chance ot play this series.

Edit: And goal met. :p

sharkythesharkdogg
06-17-2015, 01:09 PM
Hrrmmmm. I have a functioning Dreamcast, and have been debating getting Shenmue. Maybe now I have a reason.

McLovin'
06-20-2015, 03:47 AM
I saw all the fuss about Shenmue 3 so I watched a Let's Play of the first one on youtube and wow, what a game! Most expensive game ever made I read.

Graphics are amazing for the time it was released. Every single NPC is voice-acted. there's like 42,000 voices I think. Yeah, they sound like they're from some B-movie, but whatever. The world is huge. You can explore everything and anything! It's like GTA on a smaller scope, but actually exploring anything. Want to go into that house down the street? No, it's not a placeholder, you can go inside! Want to look in every drawer and cabinet? Sure, go for it. It's smurfing mental. I'd go crazy playing this trying to collect every damn thing. And the progression of the story is pretty immersive. Going through Sakuragaoka (love these smurfing japanese town names) and Doubita over and over and over was tedious, but you really felt like you're there from what I watched. All in all, I'll be happy to personally experience the 3rd one when it comes out.

But where's the Chrono resurrection huh!? :(