PDA

View Full Version : What should we demand next?

Colonel Angus
06-16-2015, 05:34 AM
Now that Squeenix finally caved on FFVII HD Remake, what game should we demand they remake next? Chrono Trigger? FFXII? How about a Parasite Eve remake?

Ayen
06-16-2015, 05:35 AM
Don't be greedy, damn you! You get on your knees and thank whatever deity, or lack thereof, they're making a FFVII remake at all!

But to answer your question: FFVI. And no, I don't consider that Remaster on iOS a remake.

Pumpkin
06-16-2015, 05:39 AM
Final Fantasy IX!

Other Square games I like!

Scotty_ffgamer
06-16-2015, 05:45 AM
I think it would be fun to do a remake of all of the PS1 era of games. I think they are the ones that have aged the worst in terms of just visuals. FF VIII is my FF VII for much of the final fantasy fandom, and I would cry tears of joy if that happened. It won't though. It's my favorite generation of the series, though.

Wolf Kanno
06-16-2015, 05:52 AM
A console remake of FFV, VI and CT would be pretty cool if I'm shooting for the stars. How about teaming up with Nintendo and Monolith Soft and doing a Xenogears remake with a finished Disc 2?

zvWeYtuphPY?list=PLMRoBJJHu0sAchmAM-80uNEGDVdLOphwU

Realistically, I would love to see SE release in the West, the original Famicom versions of FFII and III for something like PSN or Virtual Console. Also, how about all of the RPGs we got denied from the 16-bit era? I'd love me some Seiken Denetsu 3, Live a Live, and Bahamut Dragoon. :wcanoe:

Hollycat
06-16-2015, 05:55 AM
I would hope xii hd is already in development.

Fynn
06-16-2015, 06:50 AM
Yeah, FFXII HD would be nice. For PS4 and Vita. Or even just Vita would be good enough for me :D

Ayen
06-16-2015, 06:57 AM
I think it would be fun to do a remake of all of the PS1 era of games. I think they are the ones that have aged the worst in terms of just visuals. FF VIII is my FF VII for much of the final fantasy fandom, and I would cry tears of joy if that happened. It won't though. It's my favorite generation of the series, though.

I'd be down for a FFVIII remake simply because it would infuriate so many people :smug:

Vermachtnis
06-16-2015, 08:07 AM
V, they skipped it and VI and went straight to VII.

theundeadhero
06-16-2015, 08:43 AM
I would prefer to demand they make a new game with the same quality they used to make games with in the SNES era.

FFIX Choco Boy
06-16-2015, 08:49 AM
As far as remakes go, IX without a doubt, but you don't even need to ask me to know that. Chrono Cross is a pretty close 2nd, though.

What I REALLY want to demand is a FULL chocobo experience. A game with all the different editions of chocobos in it, along with breeding, battling, Hot and Cold, racing, and loads and loads of world to explore. Screw the graphics on it, I don't really care. I just want chocobos, and content.

Big D
06-16-2015, 08:57 AM
Vagrant Story HD remake. With voices. And slightly tweaked combat.

Also a sequel.

Pike
06-16-2015, 10:59 AM
FFX HD on Steam

FFX HD on Steam

FFX HD on Steam

FFX HD on Steam

I want this more than gd FFVII for crying out loud

NeoCracker
06-16-2015, 12:25 PM
All I want is Sabin Suplexing a ghost train in HD, I don't even need an entire game.

maybee
06-16-2015, 02:57 PM
Squall Leonhart in glorious PS4 HD~

Also FF V & FF VI 3DS remakes

Freya
06-16-2015, 03:29 PM
Yeah, FFXII HD would be nice. For PS4 and Vita. Or even just Vita would be good enough for me :D
Seriously, this is an easy upgrade for them and wouldn't take much work.

Shauna
06-16-2015, 03:36 PM
Only... 2-3 hours until their press conference. Who knows what le gems are going to appear?

Loony BoB
06-16-2015, 05:05 PM
FFV/VIII remakes would probably top my list. FFXII can be remade when they have the PS5 out and the graphical update will actually be worth it.

Fynn
06-16-2015, 05:07 PM
FFV/VIII remakes would probably top my list. FFXII can be remade when they have the PS5 out and the graphical update will actually be worth it.

Except we don't really want it for the graphical upgrade. We want the IZJS version and portability, much like with FFX|X-2.

Loony BoB
06-16-2015, 05:09 PM
Oh. Well, if you're that keen for it, there are ways you can get that. :p

Bolivar
06-16-2015, 07:41 PM

Except we don't really want it for the graphical upgrade. We want the IZJS version and portability, much like with FFX|X-2.

Don't forget the trophies!

And PS4/Vita cross-save to seal the deal.

Shauna
06-17-2015, 12:19 PM
There's always TGS?

And then after that passes, I'll say "There's always next year!" and so on forever.

Shorty
06-17-2015, 05:55 PM
I don't think it's really sensible of them to put time into upgrading past games rather than working on new games. FFVII has had a massive outcry for the past decade and a half and is widely considered the greatest video game of all time; much more than that, I don't think we can ask for.

Strider
06-17-2015, 08:45 PM
FFVII has had a massive outcry for the past decade and a half and is widely considered the greatest video game of all time; much more than that, I don't think we can ask for.

Even though it's not. :D?

I really just want them to retool FFVI.

Mirage
06-17-2015, 09:32 PM

I'd be down for a FFVIII remake simply because it would infuriate so many people :smug:

I'd love a FF8 remake, and especially if they fixed some of the badder plot holes.

I'd like a FF9 remake because i like the game but it was too ambitious for the PS1 console. I'm not gonna repeat the reasons why I think that because I bring this up in basically every thread where FF9 is mentioned.

Colonel Angus
06-17-2015, 10:29 PM
I don't think it's really sensible of them to put time into upgrading past games rather than working on new games. FFVII has had a massive outcry for the past decade and a half and is widely considered the greatest video game of all time; much more than that, I don't think we can ask for.
Stop living in the future, man!

Nakor TheBlue Rider
06-27-2015, 01:53 AM
Chrono Trigger

and because its even more unlikely FFXI

thats right the mmo, except none of the content after "Wings of the Goddess" cuz Abyssea and everything after that just ruined it.

Electroshock Therapy
06-27-2015, 02:50 PM

Doesn't the IZJS version restrict customizability, though? I've never played it myself so I don't know exactly, but I keep hearing that the biggest change is the license board. More specifically, you're more restricted with customization. Why do people like this exactly?

Egami
06-27-2015, 02:59 PM
An HD remaster for PS4 of Final Fantasy XII IZJS or regular verison.

Mirage
06-27-2015, 03:30 PM
I just want FF12 IZJS on my PS4. I definitely don't want just the regular version. I don't even think i would buy it if it wasn't IZJS or let me choose between that and the regular version.

Fynn
06-27-2015, 03:42 PM

Doesn't the IZJS version restrict customizability, though? I've never played it myself so I don't know exactly, but I keep hearing that the biggest change is the license board. More specifically, you're more restricted with customization. Why do people like this exactly?

From what I heard, the job class licence boards are optional - you can stick to the regular one if you want.

Mirage
06-27-2015, 05:31 PM

Because not being able to do everything on every character means you have to put thought into how you build your party. You have to plan ahead more, make compromises here and there, and play smarter. It adds more depth to the gameplay, and that's something many like.

As a function of this, you can make every new playthrough of the game very different from the previous, simply by changing some of the characters into a class you didn't use last time, and as such, the replay value of the game increases.

When everyone can do absolutely everything, it doesn't matter which skills you learn with which characters, as they'll all end up identical in the end anyway and every character becomes interchangable with any other character. It's simply boring. Vanilla FF12 might be easier, but very many find challenges more fun. Think of it as an additional difficulty mode.

Randy
06-28-2015, 01:18 PM
I'd go with the FF12 HD too. Need more ways to play that game.

The other game that might make a nice remake in full 3D on the PS4 would be FF8. I hope they don't try and remake 9. That's aged fine as it is.

Shiny
06-30-2015, 12:16 AM
FF8 remake, but keep the part where she says "you're the best looking guy here" pixelated for the lul.

McLovin'
06-30-2015, 02:59 AM
FF8 or 9 don't need remakes...maybe an improved graphical update, but they're fine as they are. Directing/soundtrack was great for both those games.

The correct answer here is the Chrono series. A new one.

Hollycat
06-30-2015, 04:24 AM
I just put up all my posters and now I really want a Crisis Core remake. Like, yesterday.

Depression Moon
06-30-2015, 04:35 PM
I just want a sequel to Threads of Fate.

Ffamran mied Bunansa
07-01-2015, 10:24 PM
Chrono Break.

Shadowdust
07-04-2015, 05:55 AM
I really think the first Parasite Eve needs another shot. Not just a remaster but a reboot of the game. I think with today's graphics and an updated storyline/script, this game could really shine.

Wolf Kanno
07-04-2015, 06:07 AM
I really think the first Parasite Eve needs another shot. Not just a remaster but a reboot of the game. I think with today's graphics and an updated storyline/script, this game could really shine.

After 3rd Birthday, I'm not sure many fans have faith in SE to do it right.

FFNut
07-04-2015, 11:23 AM
FF8 or 9 don't need remakes...maybe an improved graphical update, but they're fine as they are. Directing/soundtrack was great for both those games.

The correct answer here is the Chrono series. A new one.

This, more Chrono

Skyblade
07-05-2015, 07:43 PM
We should demand they actually REMAKE FFVII, instead of changing everything about it.

Mirage
07-05-2015, 08:53 PM
Go play the FF7 Steam HD mod.

Elly
07-06-2015, 09:07 AM
i don't think we should demand anything... remember what we got when fans demanded a Playstation port of Chrono trigger?..

Randy
07-21-2015, 05:09 PM
We should demand they actually REMAKE FFVII, instead of changing everything about it.

Negative nancy! We know next-to-nothing about the remake at this point. They've already said they're keeping in the crossdressing. So hopefully they'll keep in most other stuff too. Hope so.

Fynn
07-22-2015, 05:52 AM
They also did say they're changing the script and want to reimagine a lot.

Still, really, I don't understand how people would expect a simple graphical update to work. It's 2015. Once you take off your nostalgia goggles you see how dated FFVII is, and I don't meant just the gameplay.

black orb
08-08-2015, 04:49 AM
>>> New Chrono game..:luca: