PDA

View Full Version : Will you buy it?

Carl the Llama
06-16-2015, 11:39 AM
So obviously the best game ever is getting a remake (FFVII just so we are clear about that :P), and I was wondering how many were going to buy it ect.

Also, what do you hope for in the remake? I have a list:

Battle system like FFX-2 fast but still turn based.
This guy are sick.
Optional costume for Barret (sailor suit) Cloud (drag) and Tifa (Advent Children).

I could probably think of more but right not my brain is to hyped to think of any more.

Ayen
06-16-2015, 11:41 AM
It's the reason I want to get a PlayStation 4.

I'd like some alternate costumes, too, but apart from that I haven't thought a great deal about what I hope to see. I'm just glad the game is being made.

Psychotic
06-16-2015, 11:42 AM
Abso-fucking-lutely.

Fox
06-16-2015, 11:49 AM
Unless it turns out to be the worst thing ever made how could I not buy this? I also hope that we keep similar mechanics to the original. I mean, if they made it a spectacular action RPG that could still be good, but I would be a touch disappointed.

Night Fury
06-16-2015, 11:54 AM
As long as it's a true remake and they don't fuck with it by putting in ridiculous different battle systems and stuff.

Shauna
06-16-2015, 12:04 PM
yep

Shiva95
06-16-2015, 01:48 PM
Yes, I will buy it for sure!

sonormatt
06-16-2015, 01:51 PM
Absolutely!

DanielCLFFF13
06-16-2015, 02:01 PM
If it's gonna be release on PC... to be precise Steam... I will... But not on day 1... gonna wait for sale... (I learn it the hard way for pre-purchasing game on Steam...)
If it's not going to be release on PC... then... well can't... of course... :D

ReloadPsi
06-16-2015, 02:15 PM
Will Genesis be shoehorned in and given even more of that plot focus that he never deserved in the first place?

Will they change something and piss off a ton of fanboys?

Will they leave something as it is and piss off a ton of fanboys?

Will Cloud dress up as Lightning during the Corneo scene?

With the bathhouse scene be retained and if so will today's obviously homophobic gaming audience criticise it?

Apologies, but when I saw the announcement I felt compelled to come here and post something to this effect, because I'm convinced the answer to all of those questions is yes.

Karifean
06-16-2015, 02:25 PM
Yes, certainly. Even if it turns out to be a total butchering, FF7 is important enough to me that I need to see it with my own eyes.

Fynn
06-16-2015, 02:31 PM
Will Cloud dress up as Lightning during the Corneo scene?

I'm actually genuinely hoping this is what'll happen.

Tyson
06-16-2015, 02:39 PM
They could charge $10,000 for a copy and I would still but this day one.

I've been waiting for this for over a decade, I hope SE doesn't screw it up!!!!

Jinx
06-16-2015, 02:41 PM
Yes, I will! But I also hope they do a battle system like FFX-2, because I don't want to play an action game.

Formalhaut
06-16-2015, 02:52 PM
It may be the first game I actually buy on the first day. I really don't do 'first day purchases', but this may break that.

Madame Adequate
06-16-2015, 02:54 PM
Honey Bee Inn
Crossdressing Cloud in general
Bear in a marshmallow Sailor Suit Barret
Cloud riding a dolphin
Fully voiced "Stop acting like a retard and climb"
Cid in general
Finding out whether Ester is a drag queen, a robot, or what
Both Choco/Mog summons

Yeah, I'm buying it.

Loony BoB
06-16-2015, 03:55 PM
I don't think there is any way that this game will please the masses because everyone will be hoping for their own perfect version of FFVII, some of them will want this remake dramatically different than others. I'm expecting Compilation of VII kind of reactions to any minor change whatsoever.

Personally, I'm open to whatever and will happily pre-order.

Fox
06-16-2015, 04:00 PM
I don't think there is any way that this game will please the masses because everyone will be hoping for their own perfect version of FFVII, some of them will want this remake dramatically different than others. I'm expecting Compilation of VII kind of reactions to any minor change whatsoever.

Oh man... so many people still know her as 'Aeris'.

This is gonna be a culture shock

Pumpkin
06-16-2015, 04:02 PM
Yeah. This is actually a good remake for me because I like it, but I don't like it enough that I'm afraid of touching it in case they ruin it for me. But it probably won't be a day 1 purchase as we very rarely buy anything day 1 and I dun even know if we'll have a PS4 by then! Maybe

Loony BoB
06-16-2015, 04:15 PM
Oh man... so many people still know her as 'Aeris'.

This is gonna be a culture shock
Admittedly pronunciations of things are probably going to be right up there with the "this ruins the game" stuff fans will come out with. And I hate the name "Aerith", I much prefer Aeris. But I will get over such things. FFVII the original will always be the most canon version of the game for me, this is just a tribute. That's the outlook I have which will get me past that kinda stuff. :D

FifthDream
06-16-2015, 04:18 PM
I'm pretty vocal about how VII is certainly not my favorite in the franchise, and that i think it gets more praise than it deserves, but i do appreciate that it is iconic. The characters are almost mascots for the entire series. And no, it's not a terrible game at all. The fact that it's going to be all prettied-up is definitely a factor in my giving it another chance. I will be buying it. I may even love it this time around. But i'll probably pass on the inevitable collector's edition.

Unless it comes with a Tifa body pillow.

Shauna
06-16-2015, 04:23 PM
Admittedly pronunciations of things are probably going to be right up there with the "this ruins the game" stuff fans will come out with.

Chocobo

Freya
06-16-2015, 04:24 PM
Unless it comes with a Tifa body pillow.
Unless it comes with it you'll what? Definitely buy it? Super not buy it?

Formalhaut
06-16-2015, 04:28 PM
I'm not sure what you want to do with a Tifa body pillow.

Actually, about the remake. Will they have voice-acting? If so, who would they use?

Carl the Llama
06-16-2015, 04:29 PM
I am a Meat Popsicle I am a Meat Popsicle I am a Meat Popsicle I am a Meat Popsicle I am a Meat Popsicle I am a Meat Popsicle I am a Meat Popsicle

Could you TRY to speak human :p

Pumpkin
06-16-2015, 04:45 PM
um what?

Pike
06-16-2015, 04:47 PM
If it's gonna be release on PC... to be precise Steam... I will... But not on day 1... gonna wait for sale... (I learn it the hard way for pre-purchasing game on Steam...)

Basically this, I'll get eventually it if it's on Steam.

I very much like FFVII but it was never really as special to me as it was to most of you on this forum, so I'm fine with waiting :)

escobert
06-16-2015, 04:49 PM
I will probably be willing to get a PS4 for this.

crono_logical
06-16-2015, 09:15 PM
crap, clicked the wrong option when voting, someone change it to the day 1 one xD

Kappy
06-16-2015, 10:23 PM
Who the hell voted no?

Dr Unne
06-16-2015, 10:50 PM
I would murder you all and scale a small mountain of your corpses to get this game.

FFNut
06-16-2015, 11:11 PM
I'm going to wait to see if they mess it up. If they just update graphics, TAKE MY GIL! If they mess with what made the game what it was... I'll pass and plug in the PS2.

BlasterDarkRen
06-16-2015, 11:38 PM
FFVII was the first game I ever owned on PS, it's gonna be the first game I own on PS4. Like the circle of life (stream)

fat_moogle
06-16-2015, 11:56 PM
I'll buy it on day 1 (if I live that long).

FFVII was the first game I ever owned on PS, it's gonna be the first game I own on PS4. Like the circle of life (stream)
it wasn't the first game I owned, but it was the first RPG that I owned.

Fox
06-16-2015, 11:58 PM
I'll buy it on day 1 (if I live that long).

Please live that long!! :ohdear:

Ayen
06-17-2015, 12:57 AM

Same. I don't care what changes they make for it to fit as long as it's a fun game overall, and I'm optimistic that they'll deliver because of how cautious they've been with XV. They know how bloody important VII is to the masses and they probably adore it just as much as we do.

Don't care... Changes... As long as it's fun... Optimistic...

What sick world did we wake up in when I'm the optimistic one?

Fox
06-17-2015, 01:12 AM

This world are sick.

I want the updated soundtrack so bad. Especially pieces that haven't really been arranged before like Birth of a God or Electric de Chocobo

Ayen
06-17-2015, 01:16 AM

This world are sick.

Attack when it's tail is up...
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"
You didn't let me finish.

Del Murder
06-17-2015, 05:07 AM
Please take my money.

krissy
06-17-2015, 06:27 AM
when cloud does omnislash they're just gonna play that advent children clip

Kalen
06-17-2015, 11:22 PM
Hey, just stopping in to say that I will be buying this game.

Yes.

1000 times, yes.

Mirage
06-18-2015, 01:03 AM
At a low enough price, sure. How low this price needs to be depends on how well they do it, and how much fun they remove from it.

Sephiroth
06-18-2015, 02:23 PM
I own Final Fantasy VII 7 times.

2x First Edition German
1x Platinum Edition German
1x PC
1x PC Steam
1x First Edition American
1x First Edition Japanese

With the Remake I will own it 9 times.

Mirage
06-18-2015, 02:36 PM
Why would you buy it twice

Sephiroth
06-18-2015, 02:41 PM
Japanese and German, of course.

Mirage
06-18-2015, 02:47 PM
That's certainly not an "of course" :p

Sephiroth
06-18-2015, 02:48 PM
For a guy who already owns it 7 times, yes it is.

Vyk
06-18-2015, 07:14 PM
I'm likely gonna be a day one purchase, if only for the goodies they may package, probably even a collector's edition. Then even if it sucks, I'll have a plush moogle or some garbage, and can just say I helped pay them back for the effort, and then go enjoy the original. But I doubt it will be unplayable. And for some reason I'm with BoB in that the changes wouldn't really bother me. It's been so long. And I love the original as it is. This will be more like an alternate reality version if they change too much. I'd play it for what it is, out of curiosity, and let that be it. But I'll probably criticise it for what it is as well. Its not going to get a free pass, but I will definitely try it with an open mind

TrollHunter
06-18-2015, 07:37 PM
I mean, I gotta see ma girl Aerith get stabbed in full 1080p 60fps somehow. Or better yet... in 4k if it ended up on PC.

maybee
06-18-2015, 10:50 PM
During the hype I voted for hell yes without any question, though now that the hype is faded down, I'm going to wait and see if there's any changes that just make me downright say uh-uh, no. Changes to the battle system is a biggie. I'm a old school grandma jrpg fan who likes things turn-based, or get offa the lawn.

* pokes walking stick at you *

Rocket Edge
06-19-2015, 12:20 AM
Who the hell voted no?
Yes, you bastards.

I'll be taking the day off work for this nevermind a day 1 purchase.

Bubba
06-19-2015, 08:52 AM
Nah, I'll give it a miss.

Mercen-X
06-20-2015, 05:35 AM
My vote was "because it was funny." I haven't bought a video game in a year (my parents got me a Wii on a special occasion, mostly because my mom wanted to play Mii games. She didn't know you have to buy them separately), the Force Unleashed was all right, but the other games I bought were just stupid buys.

I don't own a PS Vita (my PSP screen is broken, I still have to replace it), a Wii U, an XBOX 360, a PS3, or an XBOX One. I will buy a PS4 solely to own and play the FF7 Remake. I will wait until 7 is released before buying the PS4. That, at least, gives me two years to save up.

LH
06-20-2015, 04:39 PM
I'll be buying it no matter what.

tony12
06-20-2015, 06:21 PM
As someone who has pretty much completely stopped playing video games I am not going to buy a ps4 just for this game. I will watch a playthrough on youtube though and perhaps buy it if it is released on ps3.

Mercen-X
06-20-2015, 06:46 PM
They are not going to release the remake on inferior technology. It'll go to the NX, the XBOX ONE, and the Sega Dracomax (yes, I firmly believe Sega will have a console again).

tony12
06-20-2015, 07:04 PM
Well guess I will definitely be youtubing it then. When I can easily go months without even turning my ps3 on there is little point in buying a new system.

I watched a playthrough of Last of Us on youtube and got just as much enjoyment out of doing that as I would have if I were playing it (infact probably more enjoyment because I never liked shooters to begin with).

Mirage
06-20-2015, 07:11 PM
Yeah, a new ps3 game in 2017 is never gonna happen.

fat_moogle
06-20-2015, 07:47 PM
Well guess I will definitely be youtubing it then. When I can easilI watched a playthrough of Last of Us on youtube and got just as much enjoyment out of doing that as I would have if I were playing it (infact probably more enjoyment because I never liked shooters to begin with).
This saddens me! You should totally have played that game instead of watching it.

tony12
06-20-2015, 08:11 PM
Well guess I will definitely be youtubing it then. When I can easilI watched a playthrough of Last of Us on youtube and got just as much enjoyment out of doing that as I would have if I were playing it (infact probably more enjoyment because I never liked shooters to begin with).
This saddens me! You should totally have played that game instead of watching it.

Possibly but unless you are a real die hard gamer (which I am not and never really was) you can really get just as much enjoyment from the interactive movie games by watching them as you can by playing them.

A game like Walking Dead where you have dialogue decisions to make I could see there being a difference between playing and watching it but not really in Last of Us where the story ends up being the same if you played it or watched it off of youtube.

Colonel Angus
06-20-2015, 09:01 PM
As long as it's a true remake and they don't smurf with it by putting in ridiculous different battle systems and stuff.
They could tweek it a bit by letting you switch characters in battle & it'd be alright. I hope they don't go for what they're doing in XV, making you stuck as Cloud for the whole game. I really don't want it to be an action RPG, or anything of that ilk either.

DarkBahamut
06-21-2015, 03:37 AM
I like how the teaser put it. I fear a lot, but I'm going to let it happen. FF7 for me no matter what will be the best game ever, so this remake can't really ruin anything for me to be honest.

Priority 1: No changes in the story. Don't add anything that wasn't already in the original. And don't take anything out.
Priority 2: The feel of the game must be there, otherwise the game will have been a worthless vessel that the original was stuffed into that I will under-appreciate.

Battle-system and stuff like that is important, but I will be able to live with the game as long as they don't diminish the first two priorities.

(Lol idk what thread I was supposed to post this in, but....YES i will buy it)

Ffamran mied Bunansa
06-22-2015, 02:28 AM
Of course I'll buy it. I've been waiting for it for a long time now.

Shaibana
06-22-2015, 01:11 PM
this is a remake im going to hype about so much that i HAVE and WILL buy on the first day of release

http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/agN07AW_460s.jpg

Nice
06-29-2015, 06:39 PM
Yup. Day one. Even if it sucks I'm going to experience it on day one.

Mirage
06-29-2015, 06:46 PM
The mark of a true fanboy :3

Nice
06-29-2015, 07:55 PM
The mark of a true fanboy :3

I've never been called that before.

Rostum
07-02-2015, 02:20 AM
Hell-to-the-yeahs! I'll pre-order the $300 Collectors Edition 6 months in advance!

cingur the kuporiffic moogle prince
08-19-2015, 08:10 PM
it depends on (reasons) http://wigunpics.science/14/g.png