PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Rain/Beyond: Two Souls Coming to PS4

Forsaken Lover
06-17-2015, 02:53 AM
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/06/16/heavy-rain-and-beyond-two-souls-are-coming-to-ps4/

I know there's a General E3 Thread but I wanted to make this a topic to discuss both of these games. That way we can talk about plots, characters, favorite moments, as well as our excitement for the ports.

The announcement of this port really just confirms what I have long since suspected; I have really good luck. I always seem to find myself being particularly interested in something at a time when it is very beneficial to be into it. I've been rediscovering my love of Heavy Rain the last week and now look, they finally confirm it's coming to PS4.

I can't wait to get it. It's Europe only right now but I could just import it if I have to. But I'm sure it will see an NA release.

Just another reason, along with the FFVII remake, that I need to hurry up and get a PS4.

Ayen
06-17-2015, 02:56 AM
Goddammit, guys! I just bought Heavy Rain for PS3!

I was already impressed with Beyond's graphics on the PS3, so I can suspect it's going to look AMAZING on the PS4.

Formalhaut
06-17-2015, 03:03 AM
I think people are already aware of how much I loved Heavy Rain's plot. I mean, I do have a few issues with it, but taken as a whole I just found the entire game thrilling and surprisingly repeatable. Even if I cannot bring to kill my lovely characters so I just keep getting the best, happiest ending. Mr. Carnelian did play Heavy Rain for a bit but didn't really get into it, unfortunately.

As for Beyond: Two Souls, it is funny you mention it because I literally went and bought it yesterday. I've yet to actually play it, but it seems an interesting concept. I wish there were more games like these two, because I really love the style and story development. It is refreshing for a game to not be solely driven by violence or murder.

Bolivar
06-17-2015, 05:23 PM
Sony really is remastering every significant title they released last generation and while that's not such a bad thing (Gran Turismo to tide me over please) it does start to look like they don't have anything new to bring to the table. Sony has x amount of marketing dollars in its budget every year, so it does take away resources which could be spent on a third party title, an indie, or a PC developer who could bring something new to the PlayStation ecosystem. I also wish they'd remaster games a little bit farther away - give me Mega Man Legends or Twisted Metal, not these PS3 games from two years ago.

That's my little rant about the rampant remasters but I am happy to see these two games in particular get some love. I never tried Beyond, hopefully it'll come to PS+ later down the line. And it gives a chance for PS4 owners who never had a PS3 to get in on some goodness. I loved the atmosphere of Heavy Rain (Philly!) I'm sure this will take it to the next level.

fat_moogle
06-18-2015, 09:35 AM
Loved Heavy Rain! Beyond...not so much. I didn't like the layout of the story and it felt a bit of a mish mash. However, the concept was good, the game looked beautiful and it had a great ending.

If I do rebuy either then it will be Heavy Rain but I'm not sure if I'm willing to put money down on it again.

Mirage
06-18-2015, 10:19 AM
maybe if they make a bundle that costs less than 20 bucks. the games aren't enormously interesting to me, but at the right price, sure why not

Shauna
06-18-2015, 11:06 AM
I got Heavy Rain pretty cheap and was not massively impressed with it. I finished it, and then found out that there are multple endings. I then laughed as I shelved it, never to be put in the PS3 again. Well, unless Matt wants to play, but I think he experienced enough men shouting names in a bored manner.

I was considering Beyond if I enjoyed Heavy Rain, but as far as I know, it's more of the same so I never picked it up in the end.

Pheesh
06-18-2015, 11:33 AM
I hope this glitch is in the PS4 version

0t0uCWjQ6Og

Oh, massive Heavy Rain spoilers in that vid, so don't watch it if you haven't played it yet and still intend to.

Vyk
06-18-2015, 07:24 PM
Is the PS4 region free? I've never had reason to wonder this, before. But if these never come to NA then, I may join in the importation of them, as I never physically owned the first ones, and my girlfriend loves Heavy Rain, except that it glitched out pretty badly when we tried to play through it before, and refused to load after a certain point. This'll be a good chance to start fresh on them

Sephiroth
06-18-2015, 07:32 PM
It is Region Free, yes.

Mirage
06-18-2015, 08:05 PM
I don't think any PS4 game is region locked. Almost no PS3 games were either, the only one I can think of is Persona 4 Arena.

Vyk
06-19-2015, 04:12 AM
...alright then, next question: Does HDMI bypass the 60/50hz issue of NTSC/PAL problems? Or will the console just know how to render it, or what? This whole thing intrigues me now

Mirage
06-19-2015, 08:01 AM
There is no 50/60 issue anymore. It was never a console issue in the first place, only a TV issue. Anything made in the last 10 years will know how to deal with whatever you throw at it. Hell, even my CRT TV from 2001 could display formats from anywhere in the world.

Vyk
06-19-2015, 12:32 PM
That's really weird, 'cause I've accidentally fudged up the emulators on my Wii more than once by not setting the video output to Auto or NTSC. The issue must be exclusively to those guys, then. But that's why I thought it was still a thing. Thanks