PDA

View Full Version : So... Project Setsuna

Wolf Kanno
06-17-2015, 06:24 AM
The one thing SE announced that no one seems to be talking about... SE announced a new IP currently known as Project Setsuna which is being developed by that Japanese RPG focused studio (http://www.tokyorpgfactory.com/) they formed awhile back. Apparently it's going for the nostalgia buttons as their website quote is: “The ‘good old days’ are coming back. To every RPG fan in the world… This is for you.”.

Any thoughts what this project might be?

NeoCracker
06-17-2015, 07:42 AM
And old school styled RPG that is a new IP.

:p

Ayen
06-17-2015, 07:48 AM
What Neo said.

Is it bad every time I see the name Setsuna I think of the Evil Zone character?

FFNut
06-17-2015, 09:37 AM
I'm excited to see what this may be!

Vyk
06-17-2015, 12:33 PM
I'm... slowly beginning to have more faith in Square

I'll wait and see, before I laugh and turn my back

The last couple of times they announced something big, they turned out to not be mobile games. People are getting their Star Ocean, FF7, and FF mash-up fixes

This will probably be for the Mana or SaGa people. But we'll see

Shauna
06-17-2015, 12:36 PM
Interesting...

Formalhaut
06-17-2015, 01:05 PM
I just keep thinking 'Project Satsuma' but that's just me.

Freya
06-17-2015, 02:25 PM
The art looked pretty? Not enough info though to have much of a judgement.

Mirage
06-17-2015, 03:42 PM
The one thing SE announced that no one seems to be talking about...

Probably because there's nothing to say about it yet. Almost no details were shown except three concept images and that it is an entirely new RPG.

Pumpkin
06-17-2015, 04:34 PM
I AM EXCITE

Vyk
06-17-2015, 10:53 PM
http://otakumode.com/news/557fd34a4ce0ae7f523ec226/

Here's an interview with some of the heads of the company working on it. Apparently the company is called Tokyo RPG Factory. And they're very evasive in the interview. They just keep reiterating that they are making an "authentic rpg", and use the glory days of the SNES as inspiration. And going on about how it has to be universal. That its something everyone wants, and something everyone understands, and everyone can play intuitively. High hopes for a niche market. But we'll see. Supposedly this thing is separate from Squeenix, and not governed or controlled by them, just... established by them. And they basically just head-hunted the best creators they could get and brought in as many of them as they could get to agree, and then just said "make an authentic rpg" and let them do their thing

Interesting concept at least. Hope it pans out. Its a huge gamble at the very least. I'm interested anyway. But not excited. It still seems weird. But interest is probably a good place to start at least

Formalhaut
06-18-2015, 01:35 AM
It's obviously very, very early days. I'm withholding judgement. We really don't know much, but the concept art for it looks pretty nice.

Honestly, I'm just glad it is a new IP. In a world of sequels, it is refreshing to get a new concept; a new story.

Wolf Kanno
06-18-2015, 02:14 AM
http://otakumode.com/news/557fd34a4ce0ae7f523ec226/

Here's an interview with some of the heads of the company working on it. Apparently the company is called Tokyo RPG Factory. And they're very evasive in the interview. They just keep reiterating that they are making an "authentic rpg", and use the glory days of the SNES as inspiration. And going on about how it has to be universal. That its something everyone wants, and something everyone understands, and everyone can play intuitively. High hopes for a niche market. But we'll see. Supposedly this thing is separate from Squeenix, and not governed or controlled by them, just... established by them. And they basically just head-hunted the best creators they could get and brought in as many of them as they could get to agree, and then just said "make an authentic rpg" and let them do their thing

Interesting concept at least. Hope it pans out. Its a huge gamble at the very least. I'm interested anyway. But not excited. It still seems weird. But interest is probably a good place to start at least

I'd laugh if they pulled a Kojima and the studio is a farce for Hiroyuki Itou's FFXVI project.

Vyk
06-18-2015, 02:21 AM
Worst case scenario: Final Fantasy XVI is inspired by Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI

Not terrible

If we go by what they're implying, then that would mean a brand new IP inspired by Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI

Neither is a terrible idea to me. Though the fact that they openly questioned if it should have internet capabilities or be on a console or tablet was a little troubling. Hopefully they make the correct decision :3

Console is superior to tablet/phones. And if it's going to play like a Tales or Mana game, then yeah, internet is probably a good idea. But that'd be about it

Wolf Kanno
06-18-2015, 03:51 AM
Worst case scenario: Final Fantasy XVI is inspired by Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI

Not terrible

If we go by what they're implying, then that would mean a brand new IP inspired by Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI

Neither is a terrible idea to me. Though the fact that they openly questioned if it should have internet capabilities or be on a console or tablet was a little troubling. Hopefully they make the correct decision :3

Console is superior to tablet/phones. And if it's going to play like a Tales or Mana game, then yeah, internet is probably a good idea. But that'd be about it

Fun fact: Hiroyuki Ito helped direct both titles... The plot thickens. :shifty:

Rin Heartilly
10-06-2015, 06:53 PM
It's not gonna be a mobile game right? I'm chill with anything as long as it's not a mobile game ugh

Wolf Kanno
10-07-2015, 06:31 AM
It's for PS4 and Vita if I'm not mistaken. Looks like Bravery Default and Chrono Trigger had a child together.

Fynn
10-07-2015, 06:35 AM
I'm excited, but done aspects look weird to me. Like, the top-down view is a bit too "top", if you know what I mean.