PDA

View Full Version : [E3 2015] Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ (chi) coming to iOS in 2015!

Fynn
06-17-2015, 02:46 PM
http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/kingdom_heartsx_thumb.jpg

During yesterday's Square Enix E3 conference, Kingom Hearts Unchained χ (chi) is making its way to iOS, and it is coming out in English!

Originally a Japan-only browser game, Kingdom Hearts χ takes place during the Keyblade war and ties heavily into Kingdom Hearts III. In the game you create your own Keyblade-wielding avatar and collect a substance called Lux from Heartless. Reportedly, events and quests are added on a weekly basis, so there's always something exciting to look forward to!

Additionally, the iOS version includes an enhanced story with a new character tying the whole narrative into the upcoming Kingdom Hearts III! Maleficent is also rumored to make a return, and as usual, she's up to no good!

No official word on the official release date in the West, but the stated year of release in Japan is 2015. It's safe to expect the English version will follow soon after!

onkRmHnaqCY

Are you excited for this installment in the Kingdom Hearts series? What do you think of Kingdom Hearts becoming available on mobile devices? Let us know in the comments!

Shauna
06-17-2015, 03:22 PM
I just... don't know. xD I am generally averse to mobile games (they are fun, but I really don't keep at them - it's been a month since I last touched Record Keeper) so... ehhhh.

Pumpkin
06-17-2015, 04:19 PM
I can't play mobile games :(

Freya
06-17-2015, 04:22 PM
I'M GOING TO MAKE A KEYBLADE KC AND KILL THINGS

Formalhaut
06-18-2015, 03:33 PM
I never play mobile games, so I honestly cannot say much about this.

All I know is that it is yet another game from the KH series that I haven't played yet. I've totally lost the story now.

Shauna
06-18-2015, 03:37 PM
It's easy enough to catch up these days. 6/7 of existing titles are available for play (or close enough to play) on PS3.

Chop chop, you're running out of time before the next instalment hits (loljk you've probably still got years).

Fynn
06-18-2015, 03:41 PM
Seriously, the story is easy to follow as long as you play the games in the order they were released in.

So...

Kingom Hearts -> Chain of Memories -> Kingdom Hearts II -> 358/2 Days -> Birth by Sleep -> coded (this one is really totally skippable, though) -> Dream Drop Distance

Like Shauna said, chop chop! It's an excellent series :D If you have a PS3 and a 3DS, you're good to go!

Formalhaut
06-18-2015, 03:44 PM
Yeah. I stopped at II (missed Chain of Memories, but II nailed down the key moments). Not because it is a bad game, I loved it, but... JUST SO MANY SIDE-GAMES. I know they're trying to tie them all back with strange 2.5 remasters, but it will take awhile.

Good thing I have plenty of time, eh? Is Birth By Sleep sort of the lynchpin game that ties the one half of the series with the other, and really delves deep with the whole Xehanort thing?

Fynn
06-18-2015, 03:47 PM
You better cast away the mindset that they're side games. Really, all games in the KH series are more or less main entries. They all carry plot threads that are referenced later in the series and a lot of them turn out incredibly important. And yeah, II maybe carried the gist of CoM that was enough then, but by now there's many more call backs to Chain of Memories that you really need to play them all to understand. Half the stuff they're blabbering on about in BbB won't make much sense to you that way, trust me XD

Shauna
06-18-2015, 04:14 PM
Yeah, they're seen as side-stories, but they're really not. If they were all numbered entries people wouldn't be so miffed at the lack of a "real KH game". Except for the whole spreading them over a million consoles.

Formalhaut
06-18-2015, 05:04 PM
Fine! I'll play them all. The only one I couldn't play is probably Birth by Sleep on the PSP given that I now have a 3DS. As for the plot, I am amazed they managed to make Disney confusing. And don't get me started with the various multi-platform nonsense!

I'll start with Chain of Memories then. Thanks guys!

Freya
06-18-2015, 05:06 PM
Well KH 1.5 and 2.5 have all of them but DDD

Fynn
06-18-2015, 05:07 PM
Well KH 1.5 and 2.5 have all of them but DDD

And since you have a 3DS, that one won't be a problem either ;)

Formalhaut
06-18-2015, 05:39 PM
But with 1.5 and 2.5, isn't it like a movie version of the games? That seems like an odd idea.

Shauna
06-18-2015, 05:44 PM
...no?

1.5 is KH1 and Re:CoM and the cutscenes of Days.
2.5 is KH2 and BBS and the cutscenes of Re:Coded

All that's left out is DDD.

Like I said, 6/7 of existing titles are available for play (or close enough to play) on PS3.

Vyk
06-18-2015, 05:50 PM
Any reason they only did the cut-scenes for those two?

Also, I wonder if anyone's made an iOS emulator yet. Because I know there is an Android environment emulator (I have one). So if this were for Android, most people could have it. Not sure anyone is going to want to buy a $800 device to keep up with KH. I'm always bothered when developers make a preference for iOS, as I've always heard coding for Android and iOS are insanely similar. Though more recent updates may have changed that. But there's always the argument that there are more Android users than iOS users. So I don't get the Apple love all developers have

I'd be left out regardless, since I'm a Windows Mobile person, so this isn't a butthurt fanboy question. I am genuinely baffled. But if there is an iOS emulator, I'll suggest looking into that. The Android emulator works great. I test ran some Shadowrun Returns on it once xD

Shauna
06-18-2015, 05:53 PM
No idea. I imagine because the games weren't that great for gameplay? Maybe they only had room for two full games? I don't know. xD

Formalhaut
06-18-2015, 06:04 PM
Well, obviously I knew not every game would be condensed down to their raw cut-scenes for the 1.5 and 2.5 remasters. Though it is good that you get to play properly Chain of Memories and Birth by Sleep. The cutscenes of Coded are probably enough (not a massive mobile fan), and I can probably live with the cutscenes to Days.

Right. Time to save up to get them both! And then get Dream Drop Distance after that.

Vyk
06-18-2015, 06:35 PM
Isn't Days a DS title anyway? So you'd be able to play the real thing on the 3DS if you wanted.

Shauna
06-18-2015, 06:39 PM
It is! Although the story of Days is all that matters. I found Days horrendously dull as a game. But then, that's just me.