PDA

View Full Version : It's been 5 minutes, time to check for new posts again

Shauna
06-18-2015, 12:16 PM
So I've been doing training this past week in my work - it's a 2.5 day training course stretched over 5 days. I find myself not having very much to do, shockingly. On top of that, I work faster than everyone else in my training group - while they're still struggling through Example 1, I'm finishing up Example 3.

Thanks to this, I have been posting more on EoFF because I literally have nothing else (better) to do with my time. Basically what I'm saying is this level of activity will be gone in a few more days. How terrible for you all.

When do you find yourself posting most on EoFF? Is it during work/study times when you're sat at a computer for many hours? Or do you browse during your down time after work? Or do you just check EoFF all the time because that is your job?

Mirage
06-18-2015, 12:36 PM
every 5 minutes? that's like once a week

Pumpkin
06-18-2015, 12:37 PM
I have no life so often. Hopefully I can hear back from financial aid this decade and be able to start school and that will all change!

blackmage_nuke
06-18-2015, 01:15 PM
Whenever I've made a post I feel was particularly clever and want to see if anyone quoted or repped me I'll check back every few minutes

Pike
06-18-2015, 01:55 PM
I most often post here when I'm trying to avoid some sort of obligation like writing or (currently) my day job. :shobon:

Freya
06-18-2015, 02:01 PM
At my job. I am super fast at what I do. So I stretch it out because I don't want more work. So I fuck around on eoff a lot during the day to make it pass. All my other coworkers are slow as fuck so they don't question my perceived slowness.

Formalhaut
06-19-2015, 01:48 AM
Or do you just check EoFF all the time because that is your job?

EoFF IS LIFE!

Just kidding. I usually have an EoFF tab open when I'm on my laptop, and i tend to refresh the page every half-hour just to check if there's been any new posts. If I'm in a conversation with some-one, that refreshing rate increases drastically. Mafia is the worst. The last Mafia game I played here took up so much of my time :p

Ayen
06-19-2015, 01:52 AM
Depends on my motivation to post. Which is basically all of the time.

Colonel Angus
06-19-2015, 01:56 AM
I don't have the ability to check in during work, so it's generally when I get home & on the weekends.

Shiny
06-19-2015, 02:18 AM
Definitely during my commute and during restroom visits.

Sephex
06-19-2015, 02:47 AM
Random times at home. Mostly during breaks at work. On my phone if no computer is available if I am really bored or whatever. I really wish there was an app, though I know that's not going to happen.

Shauna
06-19-2015, 01:10 PM
during restroom visits.

Ah, of course. How could I forget the most regal of places to check EoFF?

FFNut
06-19-2015, 01:51 PM
I check every 20 mins or so, I enjoy your guys thoughts for some strange reason and it just pulls me in.

DarkMatta
06-19-2015, 04:21 PM
Long periods in my jobs where I am not needed to help people fix computer issues, so I spending the time reading mostly. Since I joined up and started commenting here, I've been spending my idle time here.

fire_of_avalon
06-19-2015, 05:13 PM
I don't have much downtime so once every few days on average.

BlasterDarkRen
06-20-2015, 01:56 AM
Thing with this place is that unlike some other forums I've been a member of, the userbase is quite diverse geographically so there's no "best time" to check, because there's always likely to be someone here. I always have a window open for here because you wonderful nerds are great conversation.