PDA

View Full Version : King's Quest: A Knight To Remember

Shorty
06-19-2015, 05:11 AM
Sierra is re-launching itself! A King's Quest re-imagining was announced four years ago, and finally, the thirty-year-old franchise is releasing its first game since 1998 this year.

zyYjLZ6wr7k

It has been a long time, hasn't it?

The trailer gave me chills. Straight up chills all over.

It's probably been overshadowed next to the massive E3 list of big-name games to come, but we also were given a glimpse at the latest gameplay trailer and the aesthetics are just stunning. Stunning.

Eet9iHut13Y

The game was initially picked up by Telltale Games but ultimately dropped, although you can see that it still has a very similar feel and look to the current Telltale Games currently out there. Its aesthetics specifically remind me of The Wolf Among Us.

While styled very much like a point-and-click like the original franchise is so well-known for (which could actually be the very first point-and-click franchise, I am not certain but 1984 would give it a run for its money), going forward the series will actually take the platform of adventure games instead. So far, we have one "season" with five chapters, and I hope there will be more to come!

The art director says that they waded through thousands of applications for painters to find the perfect artists to render their work directly into the game; everything is real-life painting-based and just beautiful.

dLfrVKiYvcc

The game will feature vocal performances by actors such as Christopher Lloyd (Doc Brown, of course), Wallace Shawn (Vizzini from the Princess Pride), Tom Kenny (Spongebob Squarepants), Josh Keaton, Maggie Elizabeth Jones, and Zelda Williams (probably needs no introduction).

Could not be looking forward to this more. Who's excited? Did anyone play the games from the original franchise? I am super excited to see Sierra's revival because they were a huge part of gaming from my childhood and I am basking in nostalgia over here :jess:

Vyk
06-21-2015, 03:29 AM
I've known about it for a while, I was glad it wasn't forgotten about during E3. In fact there's a lot of games I had look up specifically to see if anything new was revealed just for E3, and I'm sad they didn't get any real coverage at press conferences or anything. This one included

I've never played any of the originals, but I've watched playthroughs of a couple of them, mainly on Game Grumps. Moon logic in old school adventure games always bothered me, even back in the day, and these ones kind of set the stage. But I always have and always will appreciate their existence. And even though I didn't grow up with them, this game is still overflowing with nostalgia. It's just that type of game. It's got an undeniable pedigree, and I love that they're doing this. I've been following it closely, but it tends to go quiet for long periods of time and I sometimes forget about it, and it's always a happy reunion when I hear more about it. I can't wait until its final release

Shorty
06-22-2015, 06:47 PM
If you're a fan of old-school games, I would definitely recommend the early KQ games! The entire stock can be found here - http://www.myabandonware.com/browse/developer/sierra-on-line-inc-iz/

The original release date was for July of this year, but I can't find a replacement date :stare: The only ETA I can find is "fall 2015". I need specifics!

Shauna
06-22-2015, 06:53 PM
I had a go at the original Kings Quest one time.

I was terrible and fell into a moat and died.

Shorty
06-22-2015, 07:03 PM
I had a go at the original Kings Quest one time.

I was terrible and fell into a moat and died.

http://geekshizzle.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/kings_quest_1.png

basically Shauna

Shauna
06-22-2015, 07:04 PM
shauna irl (in kings quest)

sharkythesharkdogg
06-22-2015, 07:27 PM
I love old Sierra games.

I only played King's Quest 5,6, and 7. 6 was my favorite. I also played some Leisure Suit Larry and Space Quest.

King's Quest was the best of the bunch, but there were a lot of good ones.

Del Murder
06-22-2015, 09:07 PM
I think I've played all of the KQ games except one (IV I think). I loved these games but I'm uncertain that the new one will capture the same adventurous tone. I'll wait for the reviews.

Pete for President
06-23-2015, 09:57 PM
Looks like a fun adventure! Stunning environments too! :eek: