PDA

View Full Version : Nomura hints at future remakes...

Wolf Kanno
06-19-2015, 05:46 AM
Read this little interesting article (http://operationrainfall.com/2015/06/17/final-fantasy-v-and-vi-remakes-may-come-in-the-future/) today.

For those who can't be bothered to read it. Nomura was being interviewed about the VII remake and was asked if the remake would mean VIII and IX would see similar remakes in the future. Nomura switched the conversation over to discuss how he feels it is odd that V and VI haven't received a proper remake like I-IV and VII.

“Considering that we have remakes of Final Fantasy up to IV and then we have VII — I’ve been working with Mr. [Yoshinori] Kitase since Final Fantasy V, and we’ve noticed that V and VI are missing. That bothers me,” Nomura said. “How come we skipped over those two?”

So is it possible we may eventually see remakes of V and VI as well as the hope of remakes for VIII and IX in the future?

Fynn
06-19-2015, 05:50 AM
YES! V and VI for 3DS, please!

FFNut
06-19-2015, 06:00 AM
I'd give my Gil for both V and VI

Ayen
06-19-2015, 06:09 AM

3DS?

Final Fantasy VI deserve to be on PlayStation 4.

Wolf Kanno
06-19-2015, 06:12 AM

3DS?

I would agree, I kind of want to see V and VI on a console, even if they weren't high end graphics.

escobert
06-19-2015, 06:50 AM
I'd give a remake of any of those a try.

Fynn
06-19-2015, 11:12 AM

3DS?

I would agree, I kind of want to see V and VI on a console, even if they weren't high end graphics.

Nothing beats portability, though, and the 3DS and PS Vita have really decent graphics. I'm a handheld whore, what can I say.

Loony BoB
06-19-2015, 12:35 PM
I think it's more likely they'll remake those games for the 3DS than a home console, as much as I would prefer the latter.

Sephiroth
06-19-2015, 12:40 PM
If they don't remake Final Fantasy VI for PS4 it is all no use.

Jinx
06-19-2015, 01:19 PM
DON'T YOU GODDAMN DARE TOUCH MY FFIX

I've wanted a 3DS port/remake of FFVI for awhile, though. I've never played it. I don't want to play it on SNES and I don't want to play the PSI version as it's slow as fuck.

Shiva95
06-19-2015, 01:32 PM
I really want FFVI on Playstation 4 in HD. This game deserves it so much!

maybee
06-19-2015, 01:38 PM
Final Fantasy V would be glorious on the 3DS, and yeah team # FF VI on the PS4

Hopefully one day Squall Leonhart and Zidane Tribal get their extreme PS4 makeovers one day too, blocky graphics are so '98 !

Fynn
06-19-2015, 05:11 PM

I've wanted a 3DS port/remake of FFVI for awhile, though. I've never played it. I don't want to play it on SNES and I don't want to play the PSI version as it's slow as smurf.

The GBA version is pretty spiffy, though.

Jinx
06-19-2015, 05:40 PM

I've wanted a 3DS port/remake of FFVI for awhile, though. I've never played it. I don't want to play it on SNES and I don't want to play the PSI version as it's slow as smurf.

I didn't even know it existed! :D

Fynn
06-19-2015, 05:48 PM

I didn't even know it existed! :D

It's as fast as the SNES version and has a much better script, IMO. The only downside is that the music is of a slightly poorer quality, but you can't really tell the difference unless you're a purist :p

Wolf Kanno
06-19-2015, 07:52 PM
I'd prefer a console version purely to see them try to recreate Amano's designs for the world and game. Of anything, I just want a faithful recreation of Amano's work as a game and I feel a console will handle that better. Besides, FFV is kind of the beginning of the series getting really big in terms of game content and part of the reason they said they held off on remaking them in the past is because handhelds couldn't handle a faithful recreation. Hell, even the DS couldn't really handle FFIII and IV when it comes down to the corners they cut to make those games come to fruition.

Vermachtnis
06-19-2015, 08:12 PM
There's the Vita.

Ayen
06-20-2015, 12:10 AM

3DS?

Nothing beats portability, though, and the 3DS and PS Vita have really decent graphics. I'm a handheld whore, what can I say.

They have decent graphics, but some 3DS games don't exploit this enough. The graphics on Pokemon X/Y for example don't hold a candle to Metal Gear Solid 3D. When I think what all the 3DS could do with that, it makes me feel they could have made the new Pokemon games look even more amazing. I fear if it was made for the 3DS it would have the same style as Bravely Default/Pokemon when frankly it deserves the FFVII treatment.

Forsaken Lover
06-20-2015, 01:53 AM
Xenogears remake?

Wolf Kanno
06-20-2015, 01:57 AM
Xenogears remake?

Likely impossible at this time, unless SE just had a completely different team work on it or joined up with Monolith Soft/Nintendo to make it happen. I can still dream though...

Still, SE has been promising remakes of the whole series since the PS2 era, so it's nice to see it might come to fruition.

BlasterDarkRen
06-20-2015, 02:59 AM
I hope they do remake V and VI, but I don't want the cartoony thing they did with III and IV. That didn't sit well with me.

Randy
06-20-2015, 09:39 PM
Remaking 6 would be a very different prospect than 7. At least with the prerendered backgrounds, you're looking at a kinda psuedo-3D world that has a definitive feel to it.
Remaking the world of 6 on the PS4 would kinda be tantamount to reinventing the entire world.

Ffamran mied Bunansa
06-22-2015, 02:22 AM
I'm hoping for a 3DS/Next handheld remake of V and a full HD remake of VI. I think that would fit them best and let us get them both quicker.