PDA

View Full Version : Not only Aerith will be hearing voices

Sephiroth
06-19-2015, 12:25 PM
Okay, I think there is no doubt that the remake will have voice acting, whether its just important cutscenes or really every single NPC as in the FNC. But are you looking forward to it?

Are you looking forward to:

"Aerith will never cry, never laugh, never be angry again ..."

"You are just a puppet. You have no heart and you cannot feel any pain."

"The Planet dies. Cloud!"

?

Loony BoB
06-19-2015, 12:32 PM
I'm really looking forward to Barret & Cid's more colourful lines. ;) I wonder how they'll manage them?

1) Just swear. It's not a big fucking deal!
2) Put in alternative words. It's not a big flipping deal!
3) Censor it. It's not a big [chocobo noises] deal! If they do this they should obviously give credit to DrAssenov for her L4D censoring with chocobo noises.

Galuf
06-19-2015, 11:47 PM
thank you Mr. Mr T!
oh wait they cant voice nicknames!
damn...

ok then. anything Cait Sith says.
and if they use the same actor for red X that they did in AC
then NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO Red XIII Voice at all. ill mute it when he speaks....

Ayen
06-19-2015, 11:52 PM
A little bit. I'm curious to see who all they get to play the voices and if anyone from the movie or other games get to reprise their roles.

Fox
06-20-2015, 12:01 AM
Please use Andrea Bowen for Aerith, please use Andrea Bowen for Aerith...

Most of the cast from Advent Children would be OK. I mean I don't think any of them were stand out great performances, but they were all suitable enough except for Red XIII. And... well, I don't think we need to worry about hearing Mena Suvari ever again. As I think I've said:​Aerith. Andrea Bowen. Make it happen.

BlasterDarkRen
06-20-2015, 01:25 AM
I'm intrigued about Heidegger and Scarlet, President Shinra, Biggs, Wedge and Jessie... important characters who until now have never been heard (to my recollection)

Scenes like President Shinra's chat with Cloud, Tifa and Barret just before the 2nd reactor blows, Kya-ha-ha and gya-ha-ha...

DarkMatta
06-20-2015, 01:51 AM
I didn't like Sephiroth's voice in AC and CC. Felt too wooden. He always striked me as a serious but passionate person especially in his ramblings of Jenova. I like someone with a bit more venom behind their words.

Forsaken Lover
06-20-2015, 02:05 AM
It's gonna happen.

How do you expect it to be?

I noticed Jiraiya was doing the narration in the trailer but not sure if that means he'll be voicing any of the characters... Hasn't Cloud and Tifa's dub VAs reprised their roles in everything up to Dissidia?

Not sure how Aeris stands. I hear Mandy Moore was everyone's favorite but that was KH1 and most of those people abandoned ship after the first game.

I wonder how Quinton Flynn might do as Reno, considering FFVII Reno isn't nearly as goofy as AC Reno. I've heard Flynn's Axel was pretty good in Chain of Memories where he was a lot less friendly so maybe there's hope for a more intimidating Flynn Reno yet.

I fully expect Steven Blum and George Newbern to reprise their roles as Vincent and Sephiroth of course.

Ayen
06-20-2015, 02:08 AM
I liked Mandy Moore, but from what I can tell there are more people wanting Andrea Bowen to reprise her role as Aerith than anyone else.

I expect most of the AC voice actors to make a return unless they can't get them. Also, wasn't Reno as serious as he was due to translation issues? I heard the way he was portrayed in the movie was how he was always meant to be.

Big D
06-20-2015, 02:16 AM
If Brian Blessed voices Heidegger, I will be inordinately pleased.

Sure, it's not likely to happen, but one can always hope and dream.

FRESH HORSES!!!

Vermachtnis
06-20-2015, 02:51 AM
"Shut up! Sit your ass down in that chair and drink your goddamn TEA!"

BlasterDarkRen
06-20-2015, 02:53 AM
If Brian Blessed voices Heidegger, I will be inordinately pleased.

Sure, it's not likely to happen, but one can always hope and dream.

FRESH HORSES!!!

I need this more than air.

BlasterDarkRen
06-20-2015, 02:57 AM
Steve Blum has said on twitter he doesn't know yet if he's going to be Vincent... he says he's not been asked.

Forsaken Lover
06-20-2015, 03:11 AM
Well the game isn't even finished yet let alone reached the stage where they have to worry about localization.

Right?

Mercen-X
06-20-2015, 05:01 AM
If "Jiraiya" is actually joining the cast, I predict 4 possible characters he could play: Bugenhagen is most likely based on narration. Then there are Shinra, Zangan, and Heidegger.

Fynn
06-20-2015, 05:38 AM
Oh yes, we definitely need Andrea Bowen as Aerith! Mandy Moore sounded a bit bland, if you ask me, same goes for Mena Suvari. Bowen just killed it in Crisis Core.

Sephiroth
06-20-2015, 09:55 AM
I didn't like Sephiroth's voice in AC and CC. Felt too wooden. He always striked me as a serious but passionate person especially in his ramblings of Jenova. I like someone with a bit more venom behind their words.

George Newbern perfectly reflects Sephiroth's character. Sephiroth's voice is even described in the Ultimania. They chose Toshiyuki Morikawa based on that and George Newbern is not very different from that when it comes to the inhuman, superhuman, dark, calm, cool, majestic, et cetera.

Forsaken Lover
06-20-2015, 10:20 AM
I want Paul Dobson to do Sephiroth's voice.

If you don't know who that is
V1UJIunfe2o

escobert
06-20-2015, 05:57 PM
They better have the same people from AC :mad2:

maybee
06-20-2015, 08:10 PM
If "Jiraiya" is actually joining the cast, I predict 4 possible characters he could play: Bugenhagen is most likely based on narration. Then there are Shinra, Zangan, and Heidegger.

Alot of people were guessing Sephiroth

Hollycat
06-20-2015, 09:12 PM
http://home.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=64952&stc=1

DMKA
06-20-2015, 09:36 PM
I hope I get to hear Aerith say "This guy are sick".

I'm thinking the script is going to be completely re-written though. I just can't imagine them keeping Barret and Cid's profanity.

Psychotic
06-20-2015, 10:00 PM
I think we should launch a petition to Square-Enix for me to play Mukki.

fat_moogle
06-20-2015, 10:27 PM
Although I wasn't a fan of all the VA in Advent Children (Tifa mainly) it would be nice to keep the immersion with all the characters.

Fox
06-21-2015, 02:09 AM
Not sure how Aeris stands. I hear Mandy Moore was everyone's favorite but that was KH1 and most of those people abandoned ship after the first game.

I am truly surprised if that's true given how much I hated her performance as Aerith. It was so high pitched and stiffly delivered - same with Mena Suvari. Don't get me wrong, I love Mandy Moore, she's a fantastic actress. But I never thought she was remotely suitable for the role.

Oh god... I just looked up some Youtube videos for comparison and the first one for Crisis Core was posted '7 years ago'. I played that game in university. Now I feel old XD

Forsaken Lover
06-21-2015, 03:10 AM
I remember the anticipation for Crisis Core; when all I could watch were the Japanese cutscenes because it hadn't even been released here in the States yet.

That was before FFXIII.

smurf, it was before the entire damned XIII Trilogy. I think it might have even been before Dissidia.

I remember making a thread on this very forum where we discussed what FF heroes and villains would say to each other if they met. Then Dissidia came out a year or two later and ruined all our fun.

Anyway...where was I? Sorry, old, Alzheimer's is kicking in.

I really hope Paul Eiding doesn't voice Hojo in FFVII Remake. As funny as his performance was in DoC, it would just completely remove any of the menace or threat Hojo had. Hojo is the real villain of the game and he deserves a very menacing voice.

EDIT:

I've got it.

Hojo in FFVII Remake's dub should be done by the guy who voices Otacon in MGS. I think his name is something like Christopher Rudolph? Maybe Randolph? I could look it up but I know it's one of those.

I was just thinking about how Paul Eiding did an...admirable job of trying to salvage DOC by making Hojo beyond ridiculous but FFVII Hojo needs a better voice and since I was thinking of MGS anyway (Eiding = Colonel Campbell) Otacon was a natural choice to pop into my head.

Forsaken Lover
06-28-2015, 07:21 AM
They better get a good voice for Dyne. He was one of my favorite characters in FFVII.