PDA

View Full Version : Hello Gadies & Lentlemen

DarkMatta
06-19-2015, 03:33 PM
Hello.

Signed up a while ago, but never posted or even lurked. That was until FFVII Remake was announced and felt like I need to share my excitement with more like-minded people.

Living in, the UK - Wales. Holidaying to the east side of America in just over two months though - just in case I become super awesome friends with people their on here and they want to be amazing and show me things there.

My username, DarkMatta, is a reference to FFIX and X, before I even knew it gravitational effect on visible matter and accounts for most of the matter in the universe. However, using it as a username, DarkMatter was taken.

A fan of, what the forum calls, "the golden age" Final Fantasy games. FFVII and FFVIII(currently playing) being my first games of the series, I would say they're my favourite of the golden age.

I work in ICT. I like football and follow Blackburn Rovers(we're terrible, I've come to terms with it now) initially because they wore blue. Yep, Blue wins me over. Probably why I'm a massive fan of Sonic the Hedgehog as well.

I like chicken and Lamb; they are very tasty. I do lift, bro. Heavy. I also have ADHD, which, right now, is a gift, as it keeps me busy when there is not much going on in work. For example, I thought to keep my hands from being idle, I'd introduce myself to strangers on a FF forum. I have an hour left!

Also, I'm so in love with Taylor Swift, it's sickening for someone who's long past his teenage years. In time, this will be so apparent. She will be mine one day... <3

Anyways, lets not be here all day. That's me. Hi.

Shorty
06-19-2015, 03:42 PM
Hello and welcome! So nice to have new people here! What's your favorite FF? I'd assume IX or X, but I don't want to guess and be wrong!

Happy to have you here :love:

DarkMatta
06-19-2015, 03:52 PM
Thanks for your kind welcomes, guys.

I'll be sure to hang around the general chat for sure. I'm checking out some of the threads now.

My favs are FFVII & VIII but I also love IX & X. The only games in the series, I enjoy playing again & again. I recently found about the extensive modding VII & VIII are going through, so I've been playing through them again. Done VII, now on VIII, currently saving Balamb Garden's behind.

Shorty
06-19-2015, 03:54 PM
You're welcome! Are you a Game of Thrones fan? We have a massive years-long thread you should get in on!

FFVIII is my favorite, too :)

DarkMatta
06-19-2015, 04:10 PM
So that's where all the cool kids are.

I am indeed. I'll be sure to check that out and many many others in time.

I won't go quiet and will do my best to be active as possible on here. I generally have too much to say. Relevant or otherwise. :)

FFNut
06-19-2015, 08:04 PM
Hi, welcome. I'm Dave and I'm glad to see you here. I joined for the same reason. Talk to people like minded.

Pumpkin
06-19-2015, 08:18 PM
Welcome! I hope you have fun posting around here!

Psychotic
06-19-2015, 09:26 PM
Signed up a while ago, but never posted or even lurked. That's not strictly true, is it? :colbert: A Blackburn supporter living in Wales... could it be...? Back in the 2006 World Cup thread, the following exchange happened:

...what?

Robinson, Campbell, Carra, Neville, Beckham and Joe Cole are not world class.Robinson is a world class keeper, if you seen him in his leeds days, you would agree and its just because he play for spurs that he doesn get better credit then he already gets.I'VE WAITED NINE YEARS FOR THIS DAY

Admit it, Russie! Admit the truth! Robinson has turned out to be utter bobbins. BOBBINS ALL ALONG :mwahaha:

DarkMatta
06-19-2015, 10:03 PM
Signed up a while ago, but never posted or even lurked. That's not strictly true, is it? :colbert: A Blackburn supporter living in Wales... could it be...? Back in the 2006 World Cup thread, the following exchange happened:

...what?

Robinson, Campbell, Carra, Neville, Beckham and Joe Cole are not world class.Robinson is a world class keeper, if you seen him in his leeds days, you would agree and its just because he play for spurs that he doesn get better credit then he already gets.I'VE WAITED NINE YEARS FOR THIS DAY

Admit it, Russie! Admit the truth! Robinson has turned out to be utter bobbins. BOBBINS ALL ALONG :mwahaha:

Hahahahaha amazing! When I say never, I mean, for this one. I haven't been on the forum for a long, long time. I like to think I'm a new person. So feel like a new member.

Hey, Blackburn were good in 2006. Things change. I thought he was good, maybe I was pushing it a bit saying world class, but he was very good. I'm older, more wiser these days....

Though him playing for Blackburn, proves was good, we don't really do bad keepers. Flowers, Given, Friedel. haha
He put in some excellent performances for us during his time here.

Amazing you remember. Though I suppose there aren't many Blackburn supporters around, so we stand out when you talk to us.

Good memory, you son'ova b***h!

Thanks for the welcome everyone else.

Galuf
06-19-2015, 10:59 PM
hi Darkmatta! this place is awesome. ya shouldve not waited. but its cool to see another person who ( presumabley) likes FF IX. its quite populour in here i believe.

i hope you like this place its great.

Vyk
06-19-2015, 11:51 PM
DarkMatter

Da**Matt**

You should meet DatMatt!

And, welcome!

Ayen
06-19-2015, 11:57 PM
Oh, hai thar. I'm Tori. I like your avatar. It feels like she's staring into my essence and judging me harshly.

VII? VIII? IX? X? Sonic? Game of Thrones?

I like you. -puts you in room with the other stuffies- You're mine now.

DarkMatta
06-20-2015, 12:26 AM
Oh, hai thar. I'm Tori. I like your avatar. It feels like she's staring into my essence and judging me harshly.

Hai Tori! I'm Russell.
Do you feel like you need to be judged harshly? You ate the last brownie, didn't you? Confess your sins, it's okay.

VII? VIII? IX? X? Sonic? Game of Thrones?

Also, a lover of "Last Week Tonight With John Oliver" and long walks on imaginary beaches.

I like you. -puts you in room with the other stuffies- You're mine now.

Well okay. Just give me my video games and my stories and in time I'll develop Stockholm Syndrome. Everything will be perfect for us.

Thank you for the welcome. I hope to see you and everyone around the forum.

Ayen
06-20-2015, 12:31 AM
I have lots of video games. I have so many video games that my nephew goes, "WOW!" and plays Sonic because he has good tastes.

No, no, I ate all the chocolate pudding. If they didn't want me to eat it they shouldn't have made it so delicious!

Formalhaut
06-20-2015, 12:34 AM
Hey! Formalhaut here. Though most everyone calls me Formy :D

I am curious about your avatar. What is the inspiration behind that? It looks rather edgy!

DarkMatta
06-20-2015, 12:45 AM
He has excellent taste, if it pre SA2. S3K being one of my favourite games ever.

Soon as you said pudding. I instantly thought of this minus the 10 minutes of looping. bBZulXg0knc

Ayen
06-20-2015, 12:47 AM
I had to introduce him to the old school 2D Sonic. Before that he went crazy about Sonic Heroes. I don't remember Sonic Adventures ever coming up. It was funny when at first I thought he was rocking the original Sonic only to find that the game cut to a preview of the gameplay.

BlasterDarkRen
06-20-2015, 01:29 AM
ah, hello Wales, I'm Scotland... although I think there's more than one so um yeah XD

Nice to meet you :) I'm only just becoming regular myself.

DarkMatta
06-20-2015, 01:40 AM
ah, hello Wales, I'm Scotland... although I think there's more than one so um yeah XD

Nice to meet you :) I'm only just becoming regular myself.

Thank you.

I hope there is more than more. Otherwise I would like to know the reason why everyone around me is lying.

I've got to say. I received some good loving in this thread. You're all awesome!

Shauna
06-20-2015, 11:29 AM
Welcome to EoFF (again, I suppose it would be)! Hope you stick around and partake in the many exquisite conversations we have up and down the board.

Old Manus
06-23-2015, 06:06 PM
yessss