PDA

View Full Version : Dota 2 Reborn - we're back in beta!

Bolivar
06-19-2015, 08:44 PM

Valve officially released the public beta for Dota 2 Reborn, which updates the UI, adapts the game to the Source 2 engine, and expandes the options for custom games, including original community game modes. While the in-game graphics aren't a huge facelift, the main menu is a massive overhaul. It's one of the sleekest UIs I've ever seen, with everything sliding and snapping into place. One thing I like a lot is that it's going to give you a much more in-depth breakdown of each hero and your performance with them:

The biggest part of all of this is the section for custom game modes. It allows players to create their own modded game types, much like the original Dota was carved out of Warcraft III. What's really crazy is that some of these modes already have higher player populations than competitor MOBAs like Marvel Heroes or even recently released AAA multiplatform games like Evolve. This allows for all kind of meta, since we'll very likely find "the next Dota" within Dota 2. When Valve inevitably allows for monetization, and we get some really good game modes with their own communities, there's a very real possibility that we'll have multiple Dotas running concurrently within Dota 2.

I know there's a few EoFFers who play, so I definitely recommend checking it out when you get a chance.

Spuuky
06-20-2015, 03:38 AM
I obviously play Dota but I've never been much of a beta or early-access player. I much prefer to just play the stuff I have and let other people work out all the bugs, then join for a more polished experience. So I'll wait, although I'm sure it'll be a big improvement in the long run.

Pete for President
06-22-2015, 07:54 AM
I've pretty much quit playing on my own in Dota and only play with friends on an invite, but this could be really cool. More stats please! ;D