PDA

View Full Version : What changes do you want made?

Spawn of Sephiroth
06-21-2015, 04:16 AM
So yea, Im starting a new game tonight to answer this question myself. Its been 5-6 years since my last solid playthrough and Im going to gather things I hope they change or maybe take out. Whats your ideas?

Saber
06-21-2015, 04:23 AM
I've thought about it.

I want more materia!
I want more characters!
I want more locations!
I want more accessories!
I want better graphics!
I want them too keep it just like the original but with added content.

theundeadhero
06-21-2015, 06:34 AM
Only better graphics. I like ATB and the little mistakes in the game.

Pumpkin
06-21-2015, 07:16 AM
OUTFIT CHANGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And better graphics

Ayen
06-21-2015, 07:21 AM
I'd like to be able to explore more of the cities this time around. Particularly Midgar.

Mercen-X
06-21-2015, 07:36 AM
Hopefully, Cloud will no longer be permanently locked into the battle party, Gilgamesh, a playable flashback for Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie, new WEAPONs, new weapons, alt costs, Cloud wearing a bikini, a sidequest for Tifa (after Sapphire, before visiting Mideel)

Shiva95
06-21-2015, 01:44 PM
Better graphics for sure and I'd like to see Zack more too (maybe more flashbacks with him).

Ffamran mied Bunansa
06-22-2015, 02:25 AM
I am assuming the plot will be changed a bit to fit in better with Compilation of Final Fantasy VII. So more Zack, maybe a bit about Deepground and Genesis. I also wouldn't be surprised if they included a hook for a true sequel. And I would actually be happy with all of this.

I am hoping the battle system gets an upgrade, but they don't go too far. I want something like FFXIII but you control every party memberm not full action like FFXV,

black orb
06-22-2015, 02:42 AM
>>> Bigger Map/world, new locations new sidequests..:luca:

VeloZer0
06-22-2015, 05:34 AM
maybe a bit about Deepground and Genesis.
:cry:

Ffamran mied Bunansa
06-22-2015, 05:41 AM
maybe a bit about Deepground and Genesis.
:cry:

I mean, I suspect that if they are considering making an FFVII-2 they would probably hint at Genesis coming back. Of course I wholeheartedly would expect Sephiroth to burst out of Genesis's corpse after you beat him if that ended up being the case.

Psychotic
06-22-2015, 11:36 AM
More chocobo colours to breed and more race courses to race them on. Oh, and that guy who follows you around in the desert prison going "Ha ha ha"? I want him never to stop following Cloud until you talk to him. And so this guy will be following you up Gaea's Cliff, into the Lifestream, into outer space, the Northern Crater, the works. Ha ha ha, but forever.

Mirage
06-22-2015, 11:37 AM
apart from the obvious, more materia. I want wind and water magic materia as well. I want "broken" gameplay mechanics to be fixed, such as 8x limit break counter attacks, and bugs like vincent's overflow glitch sorted out.

Sorry to disappoint some people in this thread but I seriously doubt the game will have better graphics than the original.

maybee
06-22-2015, 07:24 PM

Yeeesss

Cute Shrina Sailor costumes for everybody after the event at Junon
Cute Chocobo costumes you can unlock at the Gold Saucer
Turk costumes if you solve the old puzzle to get Vincent Valentine

Cute winter outfits you can find at the beginning of CD 2 if you do a certain thing
Advent Children outfits after you beat the WEAPONS
Solider outfits for everybody after the Zack flashback at Nibelhiem
Bikini/ Swimsuit costumes for everybody if you buy the house at Costa De Sol
Cute moogle outfits

outfits~

Vermachtnis
06-22-2015, 08:58 PM
I want to be able to switch Cloud out or at least be able to change who I use on the world map.
I want the Kalm flashback to be optional.
No missables. I hate missables.
And of course...

Barret would be used a lot more if I could have him in a sailor suit. Also Red XIII in his Shinra Suit. Especially if he fights upright.

Saber
06-23-2015, 09:00 PM
Ok so I would want a lot of changes made. Rather it be new materia, characters, etc. First off I would want new graphics for everything but keep the main menu the same. If anything just update pics and themes. This would promise the remake is still going to have a decent system. I wouldn't mind them adding a few things to it. Somethings like 2 accessories or more materia slots is excusable.

As far as items go, I would want a lot more. I would like to see mega potions. Mega Ethers. Phoenix Pinions, HP Up, MP Up. Better growth weapons. Right now the best is apocalypse with three slots and triple AP. If everybody got a triple growth weapon on par with three slots or a 5 slot with double AP I'd be more then satisfied.

Armor could use some improving. Make all the stats work. Maybe add an area where you can get mystiles or other top tier stuff. So have some new locations where you can explore better. If they improve the game with extra content (which they should), I would suggest more materia. I got a forum here on that topic, http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/162670-If-you-could-make-your-own-materia!

So I would want better weapons, better armor (or ways to get the best armors), more materia, and perhaps a better battle system. Where the character don't just step in front but more move around like in FFXIII.

Mirage
06-23-2015, 09:18 PM
It needs a postgame dungeon or two, in addition to the normal superbosses.

BlasterDarkRen
06-23-2015, 10:26 PM
Spell names to be retconned to bring in line with all other games

Fire-Fira-Firaga as an example.

Depression Moon
06-23-2015, 11:10 PM
^ That too. Forgot it didn't have the ga's.

Some materia took way too long to level up so I want the exp/ap? to decrease on those.

Edge7
06-24-2015, 07:26 AM
I'd like alternate costumes. Winter outfits for Icicle Inn would be great.

Maybe make more/refined minigames for the Golden Saucer.

Make the ATB system more like FFX-2, alternatively give it XII's ADB system, or hell, you can even make it an action RPG, just don't make it feel archaic.

Other than that, don't change a thing. Make FFVII as whacky and crazy as it was 1997. I want Dio to allow convicts to race for their freedom, I want a love hotel filled with Oiled up bodybuilders of questionable sexuality (wait, lemme rephra-), Reno and Rude have to be lazy jerkasses, and Elena has to be a workaholic.

EDIT: YO! A multiplayer mode, like the one in FFIX would be fun.

Ayen
06-24-2015, 07:31 AM
I'd like alternate costumes. Winter outfits for Icicle Inn would be great.

Maybe make more/refined minigames for the Golden Saucer.

Ooh, these would be nice. There's a lot more they can do with that in the Golden Saucer now.

BlasterDarkRen
06-25-2015, 02:23 AM
snowboarding and the bike race bit in the remake is gonna be beautiful

Nice
06-29-2015, 06:37 PM
After playing Dragon Quest Inquisition and Witcher 3, I would love to see the world of FF7 brimming with life and side-quests.

I'd also love an option where you overhear NPC's conversations.

I think the better graphics and gameplay system are a given with the remake. I don't mind if the ATB system is scrapped so long as the new battle system is engaging and fun.

Del Murder
06-29-2015, 06:40 PM
I think speeding up the battles (FFX-2!) and modernizing the mini games (they could do so much with an HD Gold Saucer!) would be the two things I'd want to see.

Carl the Llama
06-29-2015, 06:44 PM
As far as outfits goes, I want armour to change the appearance the person wearing it, something akin to Lightning Returns.