PDA

View Full Version : Zack vs. Sephiroth



Forsaken Lover
06-21-2015, 06:57 PM
We all know the FFVII Remake is gonna waste $1,000,000 on a five minute "awesome" 1080p sword fight between Zack and Sephiroth.

I just wish it would stay true to he original. You know, where Zack was all like "I'mma beat you, Sephiroth!" and goes charging into the Jenova room. And then two seconds later he got tossed back out like yesterday's garbage.

One can only imagine just how hard Sephiroth slapped him with his...Masamune.

Sorry, I just never understood Zack's popularity. He's just that guy who died in FFVII. That's all he'll ever be to me. He's about as important or memorable as Johnny.

Colonel Angus
06-21-2015, 07:56 PM
Zack never meant anything to me back when either. He was just the guy Aeris used to boink before Cloud.

BlasterDarkRen
06-21-2015, 08:14 PM
It depends really, I've forgotten a lot of CC since I haven't played it in ages but how does that sequence play out in that game? Since Squenix have a nerd-on for the compilation it might echo that game.

Although tbh since the only time you see that fight in FFVII is from Cloud's perspective in the Lifestream in disc 2, it's possible they'll just glaze over it since Cloud didn't see the events.

Ayen
06-22-2015, 01:12 AM
I don't have any strong feelings towards Zack as a character, but I wouldn't be bothered by an awesome sword fight.

Zack: I'm a First Class SOLDIER same as you, and I am going to beat you! -charges and swings blade and stuff-
Sephiroth: -yawns, parries blade with ease, thinks about Mother, Shinra, other stuff, lazily swings sword and matches Zack blow for blow
Zack: I feel like you're not even trying.
Sephiroth: Don't have to. -smacks Zack so hard he flies out into the other room- You're just a puppet.
Zack: KO!

On second thought, I'm good with a squash match.

Hollycat
06-22-2015, 11:15 AM
I don't want a five minute sword fight. I want it to show the beginning of the face off, the initial sword clash, and then skip to the end with Sephiroth nearly beaten and then he gets Zack, walks out, Cloud toss etc.

The Crisis Core canon is the only way I can accept Cloud besting Sephiroth (at that point). If Sephiroth had an extremely tough fight, it makes sense Cloud could get the better of him.



But dont bring up genesis in the game unless its like just a file laying on hojos desk or something.

Ayen
06-22-2015, 11:28 AM
Considering Genesis is supposed to be dead around this part in the game, that's probably all he will be. I forget to what extent Cloud's memories are mixed with Zack, but he wasn't present when Genesis was talking to them in the Mako reactor in Crisis Core.

Edge7
06-24-2015, 08:54 AM
I mean, even before FFVII, I always liked the idea of Zack's character; there's a mystery behind a character who the protagonist would base his past and personality off of. He also just makes for a good foil to Cloud. Most importantly he's super endearing in Crisis Core which is like the only thing in the Compilation where 90% of the story and characters were actually good (Genesis makes for the other 10%).

Hell unlike the FFVII cast, we see him grow throughout his most developmental years from a cocky rookie, to a thoughtful, charismatic SOLDIER. It's the same reason why Ezio's more popular than Altair, why Naked Snake is more popular than Solid Snake. However, that being said, I don't want Zack to basically steal the show in the remake. Give him a bit more screen time, because he's gained quite a bit of popularity over the years, but don't steal one of Cloud's best moments from him.

Saber
06-25-2015, 04:27 AM
I think they will stay truer to Crisis Core and maybe even have genesis in there. I mean he is in Dirge of Cerberus even though it is a different voice actor. Maybe this will lead to FFVII-2.

I liked Zack as a character. Even liked CC. It wouldn't surprise me if they make it more to modern audiences with Genesis and a better Zack vs Sephiroth battle.

Ixtli
10-14-2015, 07:11 PM
I can't remember. Does Zach stab Sephiroth?