PDA

View Full Version : The single worst item on a fast food menu

Strider
06-21-2015, 08:00 PM
Okay, so I just saw this commercial for Carl's Jr. in which they advertise a burger with a hot dog and potato chips on it. Why? "Because America," they say.

And I'm like... I can't even.

It made me think about fast food in general, though, which we are all bound to at some point or another, and how some of it is just the worst. Like the tacos from Jack in the Box, which are an abomination. I mean, American cheese?

Anyway, what's the worst fast food item in your respective opinions?

Shorty
06-21-2015, 09:27 PM
Wendy's chili. Anyone who has ever seen or smelled the manner in which it is concocted would never again touch it. I do not understand the populous obsession with Wendy's chili.

Colonel Angus
06-21-2015, 10:27 PM
Salad

FFNut
06-22-2015, 08:59 PM
Nacho's with that plastic cheese. Honestly cheese isn't Orange to begin with naturally, and when melted it's shouldnt be able to be hardend into any shape you desire. It's the worst thing ever. Yuck.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
06-23-2015, 01:21 AM
Filet O' Fish.

Vermachtnis
06-23-2015, 08:31 AM
McEverything.

Wendy's chili. Anyone who has ever seen or smelled the manner in which it is concocted would never again touch it. I do not understand the populous obsession with Wendy's chili.

I've heard stories, none of them are good. I used to like Wendy's chili.

Mr. Carnelian
06-23-2015, 09:11 AM
Anything with cheese on.

Fast food cheese is always either homogonized fat or that nasty "American cheese".

BlasterDarkRen
06-23-2015, 10:37 AM
Onion Rings... when I worked at McDonalds for near 5 years I got quite annoyed that you could pay watever the price was and get 6 tiny things. I don't like onion rings anyway but value for money was non-existent with these

noxious.sunshine
06-23-2015, 01:47 PM
The idea of the McRib and the Shamrock Shake grosses me out.

Hardee's, the east coast version of Carl's Jr. has never been good to me except for when I was little little.. And that was because it was the only fast food option in my hometown for years besides KFC. We eventually got a Sonic drive-in though. I got one of their thickburgers like 10 years ago once and the meat patty was a dark brick red color.. And not because it was undercooked either. That's just how it looked like. It was gross.

Colonel Angus
06-23-2015, 11:11 PM
Anything with cheese on.

Fast food cheese is always either homogonized fat or that nasty "American cheese".
You just hate it for its freedom. #merica :p

The idea of the McRib and the Shamrock Shake grosses me out.

You picked two of their best things to hate.

blackmage_nuke
06-24-2015, 12:19 PM
I like the fillet-o-fish :(

I once ordered a burger with pineapple in it which I regretted

Mr. Carnelian
06-24-2015, 03:37 PM
Anything with cheese on.

You just hate it for its freedom. #merica :p

Because nothing says "freedom" like so-called cheese which tastes like rubber. :p

Night Fury
06-24-2015, 04:49 PM
Four and twenty stuffed crust pizza. Just no.

Freya
06-24-2015, 05:11 PM
Chips on sandwhiches are great what's wrong with you.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-25-2015, 08:08 PM
The fucking Double Down.

It seems it's spread to Canada, and parts of Asia.

Thanks KFC.

Formalhaut
06-25-2015, 08:14 PM
The smurfing Double Down.

It seems it's spread to Canada, and parts of Asia.

Thanks KFC.

It has its own Wikipedia page. The title is 'Double Down (Sandwich) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_Down_(sandwich))'. I don't want to get into the whole 'are hot dogs sandwiches thing again, but I want to unite us all by saying that this heart attack waiting to happen is not a sandwich.

FFNut
06-25-2015, 08:45 PM
I second that, you need bread, not breading to make a sandwich.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-26-2015, 02:18 PM
From its April 12, 2010 nationwide launch through early July, a KFC spokesperson reported that the chain had sold 10 million of the sandwiches for a total of about US$50 million in revenue. An analyst said that figure accounts for 5% of KFC's sales in that time period, a figure insubstantial to KFC's financial bottom line.[28]

In Canada, the sandwich became KFC's best-selling new menu item ever, selling over 350,000 sandwiches in less than 10 days.[29] There were rumors that as of November 17, 2010, the Double Down would be discontinued on KFC menus in Canada, despite sales in excess of one million sandwiches, but they are currently still being sold in some restaurants across the country.[30] Sales in New Zealand were 600,000 units over its five-week promotion.[31] Grant Ellis, CFO of New Zealand KFC operator Restaurant Brands, said that despite these sales the Double Down "did cannibalise some of our better-margin products." [32]

Following the launch of Zinger Double Down in Korea, the overall sales for KFC Korea increased by 20%.[33]

I'm disappointed in all of us. :colbert:

Formalhaut
06-26-2015, 02:40 PM
As far as I'm aware it hasn't been sold in the UK yet. Which given our rising rates of obesity here, is strange.

Shauna
06-26-2015, 03:47 PM
It just means we know where to draw the line.

For now.

Ergroilnin
06-26-2015, 06:59 PM
I can't help myself, but the double whatever it is called isn't so bad as it seems imo.

According to nutritional info, the stuff like zinger and so on is almost as caloric or even more so than the double is and fat isn't really that bad if you indulge everyonce in a while.

To be honest, I would love to try it but I do not have the opportunity.

Zanmato
06-28-2015, 06:07 PM
Shish kebab, definetely! This is pretty disgusting, IMHO.