PDA

View Full Version : >> FF7 Remake, Would you like a Revive Aeris option?

black orb
06-22-2015, 02:47 AM
>>> Yes? No? discuss..:luca:

Ayen
06-22-2015, 02:49 AM
It'd make a neat side quest, but I feel it'd smurf with the story too much considering how much of an impact her death had on everything.

Ffamran mied Bunansa
06-22-2015, 02:52 AM
No way. Maybe as like an optional new game plus thing or something I suppose. But otherwise her death is much too important to the story. I would settle for some more lifestream Aerith cutscenes and keep it at that.

black orb
06-22-2015, 02:52 AM
>>> I think is ok if its only optional, is not like you are forced to do it..:luca:

VeloZer0
06-22-2015, 05:33 AM
An optional side quest of that gravity more or less creates a 'good' and 'bad' ending, so I wouldn't exactly say that one doesn't cheapen the other.

Ffamran mied Bunansa
06-22-2015, 05:39 AM
Plus I feel it would make the entire story have less gravity which would be unfortunate.

BlasterDarkRen
06-22-2015, 08:28 AM
Nah, Aerith needs to be dead. If she's alive then there's no spirit in the planet sending the lifestream out to destroy Meteor. You'd bring her back and everyone would die

Sephiroth
06-22-2015, 08:39 AM
Aerith's death is essential. It will not happen that it doesn't happen. Nomura-san already said there will be no drastic changes.

The only thing I could imagine is like with Star Ocean. She is gone but you can still use her in battle even though it does not mean anything for the story.

Fox
06-22-2015, 10:08 AM
I'd rather they didn't do a remake at all than add that.

It's kind of a vital plot point, you know? It's like remaking Star Wars without the Death Star.

fat_moogle
06-22-2015, 11:11 AM
No, this definitely shouldn't be an option! I mean of course I like her but it's just how the story goes.

Shauna
06-22-2015, 11:12 AM
Absolutely not.

Bubba
06-22-2015, 11:18 AM
Not a revive option but you should be able to carry her corpse around with you.

Elly
06-22-2015, 11:21 AM
no, on the Aeris revival, that would just make her sacrifice meaningless and take away the impact, and the driving force on the party by the 2nd major story arc... the only way i can see someone really support this is if they ship Aeris X Cloud and don't care much for the primary story... personally i like the idea that she's in the Lifestream with Zack by the end of it and not tormenting herself over his death by questing with someone that reminds her of him... let Aeris be happy, let her stay with Zack... if there was an Aeris revival quest there'd have to be a Zack one too and then that really begins to get cheap...

Psychotic
06-22-2015, 11:31 AM
As a New Game+ option sure. As others have said, it'd totally ruin the story if she was alive the whole time, but as a party member she's really unique in terms of her healing limit breaks and has superb magic and so it'd be nice to have that extra choice for making up your party. It'd be fun if they made people go through a load of convoluted and ridiculous steps (drying up the Forgotten Capital's lake with 99 tissues for one!) to do it.

Mirage
06-22-2015, 11:36 AM
That would be stupid.

I'd like an additional character that got support limit breaks, though.

BlasterDarkRen
06-22-2015, 11:55 AM
That would be stupid.

Maybe have Cait Sith get level 3 and 4 support Limit Breaks.

In fact I could do a whole thread about this one...

Shiva95
06-22-2015, 01:35 PM
No. Aerith's death is essential to the story.

Mirage
06-22-2015, 02:23 PM
That would be stupid.

Maybe have Cait Sith get level 3 and 4 support Limit Breaks.

In fact I could do a whole thread about this one...

I mean something like an entirely new character. Not one that is essential to the story, though. Just a side-story with some lols or something in.

Scotty_ffgamer
06-22-2015, 04:11 PM
They shouldn't do it outside of a New Game+ thing so we can experience her gameplay style more as Psychotic said. What they should do is give us trophies/achievements for trying out all of those old rumors from the original release though. That could be amusing. I could also see it be an interesting thing to see an alternate ending of what would happen if you revived Aeris and meteor still fell and killed everyone. They could do some really interesting things in this sort of alternate universe version of VII, but again it should only be New Game+. Also it would be too much work on their part to do right, I think.

They should have an option where you can recruit Mukki in her place though.

Karifean
06-22-2015, 09:33 PM
They shouldn't do it outside of a New Game+ thing so we can experience her gameplay style more as Psychotic said. What they should do is give us trophies/achievements for trying out all of those old rumors from the original release though. That could be amusing. I could also see it be an interesting thing to see an alternate ending of what would happen if you revived Aeris and meteor still fell and killed everyone. They could do some really interesting things in this sort of alternate universe version of VII, but again it should only be New Game+. Also it would be too much work on their part to do right, I think.

They should have an option where you can recruit Mukki in her place though.

^ Agreed. I'd be totally down with getting an option to save her in a New Game+, but then you inadvertedly doom the planet because either Holy won't activate or the lifestream won't gather to protect the planet. It'd satisfy people who want to use Aerith longer for gameplay purposes, and since it's an obvious bad end it has no influence on the canon story either.

That being said I doubt they'll ever do that. FF has no(?) precedent of a branching storyline.

black orb
06-22-2015, 09:33 PM
>>> Totally agree with a New Game+ Revive Aeris.
We know the most obtuse FF7 fans will bitch about it, but.. who cares about them? :D

Ffamran mied Bunansa
06-22-2015, 10:26 PM
The idea of reviving Aerith leading to a 'bad end' is actually interesting. I could go along with that.

Mirage
06-22-2015, 10:35 PM
that's actually a good one. i must have missed that suggestion

NeoCracker
06-22-2015, 10:41 PM
A sidequest where you work with one Herbert West, a rogue scientist of Shinra, to perfect his Reanimation Process. It doesn't quite work, and Aerith soul stays in the life stream, however her body is in fact animated.

Cloud will take it on dates, tell her she's pretty, and deny that this walking zombified monstrosity is clearly not Aerith. Entirely new dialogues will come up in certain fights if you have Reanimated Aerith in your party, where the villains kind of start pitying cloud, who gets very upset whenever it is pointed out the Aerith he travels with is really a monstrosity.

Come games end, when the soul of Aerith calls out the Life Stream to stop Meteor, her spirit can be seen shedding a tear as she looks down on Cloud celebrating victory with her reanimated corpse.

Ffamran mied Bunansa
06-22-2015, 10:44 PM
Also, while it's not quite as big as reviving a character FFV does have two different endings and the entire back half of VI depends a lot on who your recruit, and I believe X-2 has multiple endings though I've never played it.

@Neocracker, I mean some FF monsters obviously have Lovecraftian influences so... Maybe? :P

Ayen
06-22-2015, 11:43 PM
A sidequest where you work with one Herbert West, a rogue scientist of Shinra, to perfect his Reanimation Process. It doesn't quite work, and Aerith soul stays in the life stream, however her body is in fact animated.

Cloud will take it on dates, tell her she's pretty, and deny that this walking zombified monstrosity is clearly not Aerith. Entirely new dialogues will come up in certain fights if you have Reanimated Aerith in your party, where the villains kind of start pitying cloud, who gets very upset whenever it is pointed out the Aerith he travels with is really a monstrosity.

Come games end, when the soul of Aerith calls out the Life Stream to stop Meteor, her spirit can be seen shedding a tear as she looks down on Cloud celebrating victory with her reanimated corpse.

</3

black orb
06-23-2015, 12:41 AM
>>> A stupid idea but i wanted to throw it anyways..:luca:

revive Aeris and go to the final battle
defeat Safer Sephiroth but dont kill him
face Aeris with Sephiroth
Aeris uses her good girl charms to exorcise him
Sephiroth becomes a good guy again
to redeem Sephiroth sacrifice himself to destroy meteor and save the planet.

Ffamran mied Bunansa
06-23-2015, 02:16 AM
And forever fuel even more Sephiroth/Aerith fanfiction.

fat_moogle
06-23-2015, 02:52 AM
Ok after reading some of these comments I can see how this could be pretty interesting, but doing so could cause a paradox. Aeris will be revived but then Cloud will be consumed by chaos and written out of TIME. AND. SPACE.

"Join Aerith in her quest for truth in An Ancient Reborn: Final Fantasy VII!"

Vermachtnis
06-23-2015, 05:07 AM
There should be this stupid convoluted series of actions you have to do throughout the entire game, starting as soon as you get off the train. Like talk the potion guy, grab the phoenix down and eat the babies, play Inna Gadda Da Vida on the piano, and so on until you get back to the Ancient Capital in Disk 3 and click on the pool seven times and Aeris' corpse will rise out and then when it looks like everyone is finally reunited the Cheese Weapon pops out of her Xenomorph style.

Ayen
06-23-2015, 05:57 AM
Ok after reading some of these comments I can see how this could be pretty interesting, but doing so could cause a paradox. Aeris will be revived but then Cloud will be consumed by chaos and written out of TIME. AND. SPACE.

Well, time can be rewritten. What we need to establish is whether or not Aerith's death is a fixed point in time.

Saber
06-23-2015, 06:09 AM
Choco Weapon!

I have thought long and hard about this question ever since the game came out. To revive her would take away the story. On one hand you had people who wanted a resurrection. On the other hand you had people who didn't really care. When I first played this game I wanted a revival process. I was a kid who tried those impossible myths.

So I say this out of myself almost 20 years ago. It would be nice to have Aerith and Sephiroth join. sure it ruins the story but its more characters. I wanted Zack to join as well, where he replaces Cloud entirely and Angel replaces Zack. More is always better and I kind of really felt aerith was a great character. I mean she was the healer!

Now that I am older and have seen the whole FFVII games and movies I think Aerith dying is what made them. She needs to be in the lifestream to even have Advent children make sense. So I would suggest a character that uses her weapons and limit breaks. You can get this character in icicle inn. Aerith dies (story saved) but you get another character to fit the shoes. Cause knowing you can't cast great gospel on emerald or ruby sucks!

Also, I used a gameshark to revive aeris on disk 3. If you don't recruit Vincent you can have sephiroth. Mind you Aeris or Sephiroth can not be removed from your party without a gameshark as well.

Fox
06-23-2015, 01:40 PM
The best way to do it would be to give you a really long, super elaborate side quest to revive Aerith... only to find in the end that you can't and all your efforts were futile. If I were designing it, I would intentionally include a well hidden trail of secret breadcrumbs, gradually building hope as they were all followed, and then crushing that hope brutally once they reached the end of the line. Maybe I'd give them the reward of seeing a ghostly image of Aerith or something for a few seconds.

Cruel? Yes. Fun though ^_^

BlasterDarkRen
06-23-2015, 01:40 PM

Well, time can be rewritten. What we need to establish is whether or not Aerith's death is a fixed point in time.

Don't you be turning this into Doctor Who :p

Psychotic
06-23-2015, 01:47 PM
The best way to do it would be to give you a really long, super elaborate side quest to revive Aerith... only to find in the end that you can't and all your efforts were futile. If I were designing it, I would intentionally include a well hidden trail of secret breadcrumbs, gradually building hope as they were all followed, and then crushing that hope brutally once they reached the end of the line. Maybe I'd give them the reward of seeing a ghostly image of Aerith or something for a few seconds.

Cruel? Yes. Fun though ^_^I like your idea but I'd like to go one better. Instead of getting a ghostly Aerith, the reward is instead Mukki in Aerith's dress and sporting a lovely wig joining the party. Cloud tries to argue otherwise but the rest of the party act as though there is nothing out of place and can't understand why Cloud is being such a dick to their friend who came back from the dead. Hilarity ensues when Mukki makes a series of flower based pick up lines such as "Something just rose under my dress!" and "I want to feel your tongue between my tu-lips" and Cloud gets increasingly frustrated.

escobert
06-23-2015, 04:41 PM
No.

LunarWeaver
06-23-2015, 07:31 PM
Once Yuffie joins she makes the required 3 female characters in a J-RPG alongside Tifa and Cloud. I think It's illegal to have four. I'm gonna have to say stay dead.

Wait, she dies? SPOILED.

Dat Matt
06-24-2015, 06:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Nhlz73C.jpg

BlasterDarkRen
06-25-2015, 02:24 AM

*selects "no"*

Saber
06-25-2015, 03:17 AM

DLC gonna happen. I paid for all the XIII-2 characters.

Ayen
06-25-2015, 04:21 AM

49.99!?

Never liked her that much, anyway :shifty:

Egami
06-25-2015, 03:35 PM
I wouldn't like it, no...it would take a way from the story.

Formalhaut
06-25-2015, 03:39 PM
Aerith dying was essential to the plot, in my opinion, so I wouldn't appreciate her coming back.

blackmage_nuke
06-28-2015, 08:17 AM
They should pull a Cait Sith and immediately after her death have another Aerith bound in saying "Hi I'm Aerith 2.0! Hojo Cloned me in his lab and my memories traveled through the lifestream into this body!"

I wouldnt be 100% opposed if they made it like Shadow from FFVI and you can save prevent her midgame death but no matter what she dies in the end.

Forsaken Lover
06-28-2015, 08:24 AM
They should pull a Cait Sith and immediately after her death have another Aerith bound in saying "Hi I'm Aerith 2.0! Hojo Cloned me in his lab and my memories traveled through the lifestream into this body!"

This is for ToriJ who I think is playing Chrono Cross..someone was playing CC for the first time I'm pretty sure:

This just makes me think of Kid from Chrono Cross.

Have the whole super sad burial thing with Cloud lowering her corpse into the water then everyone turns around and BAM, Aerith is standing right there.

Cloud: WHAT?
Aerith: Oh, me dying? That has happened a lot. Just forget about it, I always end up okay anyhow. Don't think about it too much.

Sephiroth
06-28-2015, 08:43 AM

I wouldnt be 100% opposed if they made it like Shadow from FFVI and you can save prevent her midgame death but no matter what she dies in the end.

As if that would change anything. It would be a girl identical to her, but not herself. The consciousness of another individual. Like when I die and get cloned and that guy has perfect memories of mine, I will still stay dead. So in the end it would still be the same sag thing. Except we are talking about a case in which she would not be an actual clone but the same kind of entity Sephiroth is, who can form himself a new body and actually transfer himself, his individual consciousness which is the essence of us or depending on definition, the soul/self (what M. Bison in Street Fighter and the Emperor in the non-canonical Star Wars story can do as well, they clone themselves bodies but don't even give those clones a chance because the body is actually just meant as host for the original) into that body to animate it with himself instead of a cloned person living the life that you no longer have.

So, yeah, I would not want them to do that. It would not change a thing except doing the last mentioned thing. And that also would not be good. Aerith is alive. Just not physically.

Nice
06-29-2015, 06:07 PM
Nope. Not at all. Her death gives Cloud even more agency to kill Sephiroth. If anything I want her death to be even more brutal.