PDA

View Full Version : The Love Triangle Debate V2.0

Forsaken Lover
06-22-2015, 04:45 AM
Does anyone else think the remake might change things up in this department? Like be decidedly more Pro-Cloud/Aerith or Pro-Cloud/Tifa?

Do you want things to stay the same or are you a shipper and hoping for one way or the other?

As a Cloud/Aeris fan, I kinda hope so.

As a troll, I also hope so, just for maximum Internet Pissing Off Factor when the game finally comes out. I want FFVII Remake to make the INterwebs explode.

Ayen
06-22-2015, 05:31 AM
I'm hoping it stays the same for the ambiguity. And because romance options are always cool.

Ffamran mied Bunansa
06-22-2015, 05:42 AM
With how big relationships in gaming have gotten I wouldn't be surprised if they spelled romance out more clearly. (Still allowing it to be between Aerith and Tifa of course, with a possible Yuffie wild card).

Edge7
06-22-2015, 06:22 AM
Considering how popular games with an emphasis on romantic choices have become (Mass Effect, Final Fantasy VII, Persona), I'd be surprised if Square didn't try to one-up themselves with the date scene, at the very least.

BlasterDarkRen
06-22-2015, 07:33 AM
as long as you can still troll the whole game and date Barret I'll be happy. Because it made me giggle when I learned you could

Elly
06-22-2015, 11:39 AM
i actually am hoping they will remove the choices... by the end of the game (in the 2nd story arc, even) the pairs are clearly Tiffa/Cloud & Aeris/Zack... now keeping in the parts where Aeris explains that Cloud reminds her of Zack without mentioning his name yet is okay, but none of that misleading stuff we got in the first story arc of the game... it needs to be clearer that being around Cloud makes her miss Zack more as opposed to looking like she's fawning over Cloud...

Psychotic
06-22-2015, 11:45 AM
Cloud x Mukki romance option or we riot.

Forsaken Lover
06-22-2015, 12:55 PM
i actually am hoping they will remove the choices... by the end of the game (in the 2nd story arc, even) the pairs are clearly Tiffa/Cloud & Aeris/Zack... now keeping in the parts where Aeris explains that Cloud reminds her of Zack without mentioning his name yet is okay, but none of that misleading stuff we got in the first story arc of the game... it needs to be clearer that being around Cloud makes her miss Zack more as opposed to looking like she's fawning over Cloud...

She knew Zack for five seconds and he's been dead and gone forever. People move on.

Shiva95
06-22-2015, 01:38 PM
I think it's clear with the compilation that the pairings are more Cloud/Tifa and Zack/Aerith. But even if I'm a Pro-Cloud/Tifa, I really liked the date mechanic, so I hope they will keep it the way it was in the first game.

Sephiroth
06-22-2015, 01:59 PM
I totally agree with people about removing options. Except the part where the true relationship of characters is not what people think. See Cloud's soul connection to a certain character and Cloud's Promised Land being a certain location of a certain character. And a certain character actually being able to differentiate between which characteristics were his and which he got through confabulation and actually liked him being "slower".

If they want to retcon - it's their story. We can still like or dislike it.

Mirage
06-22-2015, 03:08 PM
Maybe they should just rename the game "Final Fantasy: Cloud's Railroad"

Removing things that give us optional and amusing scenes is just dumb.

Scotty_ffgamer
06-22-2015, 04:06 PM
More options!

Cloud x Mukki

Cloud x Beautiful Big Bro

Cloud x Yuffie

Cloud x Mr. Dolphin

You know, the essentials characters.

maybee
06-22-2015, 07:15 PM
Dump the whole thing and make AerTi canon and they share a date without Cloud and they share a kiss before the Temple of the Ancients and instead of Aerith running off to go and chase after Sephiroth, they both run off back to the Gold Saucer to get married.

the end.

Mirage
06-22-2015, 07:19 PM
I'm down with that

More options!

Cloud x Mukki

Cloud x Beautiful Big Bro

Cloud x Yuffie

Cloud x Mr. Dolphin

You know, the essentials characters.

cloud x yuffie is already a date option

Vermachtnis
06-22-2015, 09:01 PM
Who the heck is Lenne Mukki?

Ffamran mied Bunansa
06-22-2015, 10:27 PM
Bodybuilder guy. You know the one.

Scotty_ffgamer
06-23-2015, 01:01 AM
I don't know why I said yuffie. I meant Jesse or however her name was spelled in the game.

Ayen
06-23-2015, 01:24 AM
Dump the whole thing and make AerTi canon and they share a date without Cloud and they share a kiss before the Temple of the Ancients and instead of Aerith running off to go and chase after Sephiroth, they both run off back to the Gold Saucer to get married.

the end.

I'm okay with this.

Elly
06-23-2015, 01:34 AM

the end.

now this is an option i can totally get behind...

Forsaken Lover
06-24-2015, 04:32 AM
http://i.imgur.com/HcmAFIU.jpg

(Found this here. (http://tabletopfetus.blogspot.com/))

Denmark
06-24-2015, 05:13 AM
i'm pro-aeris-gets-stabbed-through-the-chest-and-i-hope-the-remake-has-blood

i'm pro-tifa's-boobs

Pumpkin
06-24-2015, 05:16 AM
I say we ditch the Cloud love scene and matchmake Vincent instead. It's time he moved on. With beach babe that was all over Hojo in that one scene