PDA

View Full Version : Who's replaying it?

Crop
06-23-2015, 07:45 PM
In the spirit of the announcement I've started playing through my PS1 copy of FFVII, after blowing a little dust off the case I found it was still in perfect condition. Currently at the train graveyard (I'll miss you Honey Bee Inn!).

Anyone else playing through? If not, are you going to before the remake comes out?

BlasterDarkRen
06-23-2015, 07:47 PM
I decided to replay X instead.

My logic is that I've played it too recently to be a challenge. FFX I haven't played in a long time.

Saber
06-23-2015, 07:50 PM
I had to play it some when I heard of a remake. However I didn't redo the whole thing. I uploaded my file on my PS3 which has nearly everything. I'm in the process of mastering materia and working on stats. No matter what though I keep killing Emerald and Ruby for sport. I never save over their death.

theundeadhero
06-23-2015, 08:01 PM
I just replayed it last Summer so it's too soon to do it again.
The PS4 port, not the remake, is coming out in October for those who might want to replay it but don't have a copy currently.

Jinx
06-23-2015, 08:36 PM
I'll probably replay it sometime soon. Definitely before the remake comes out.

I also played it last summer, so I don't have the itch just yet. That was fun, though. I named all of the characters a variation of my name. Sam, Samson, Sammie, Samantha, Samara, Samuel, CaitSamth...I only wish you could name Sephiroth too so he'd be Samphiroth!

Psychotic
06-23-2015, 08:42 PM
Maybe. (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/161814-Let-s-Play-Final-Fantasy-VII-Steam-HD-Graphics-Mod)

fat_moogle
06-23-2015, 08:51 PM
I will, but I already have a few games that I need to get through first. I want to play it on my Vita, but I'd have to buy it again because I bought it on an old PSN account and the Vita doesn't have dual accounts. So I guess I'll just have to play it on my PS3 where it's installed and ready to go when I'm ready :D

Pumpkin
06-23-2015, 08:54 PM
I'm not but I am replaying Eternal Sonata, this time on the PS3. And it's like FFVII in the sense that.... they're... both... RPG's. And um. There's some blonde people.

Karifean
06-23-2015, 08:57 PM
I might finally get around to playing the NT Mod this summer.

Fox
06-23-2015, 09:03 PM
I'm doing a starter weapons only run at the moment.

So....few...materia...slots... Especially as I also decided to make this my "actually use Aerith" run. Stupid Guard Stick. (;一_一)

Saber
06-23-2015, 09:11 PM
If you could give me a challenge i might be able to replay FFVII but right now I'm pretty sure I got everything there is. All Materia, Weapons, armors, 4 mastered enemy skills, 8 master summons, 255 stats, all limit breaks, and just tired of no new stuff. I mean I could do a barret or yufffie date at the gold saucer or try all fort condor battles, but I've already did that.

BlasterDarkRen
06-24-2015, 12:13 AM
I'm not but I am replaying Eternal Sonata, this time on the PS3. And it's like FFVII in the sense that.... they're... both... RPG's. And um. There's some blonde people.

I could replay Pokemon Y with that logic XD

Shorty
06-24-2015, 12:15 AM
Yep. Just ordered my copy.

BlasterDarkRen
06-24-2015, 12:16 AM
I saw your post on facebook about that I think XD

fat_moogle
06-24-2015, 12:26 AM
Yep. Just ordered my copy.

PS1?

EDIT: Ah yes I see the PS1 copy in the happy thread ^^

I used to have all the PS1 copies of the FF games but they all got stolen >.>

Elly
06-24-2015, 01:25 AM
not yet, first i'm replaying Crisis Core, next i may replay Dirge of Cerberus before hitting the original PSX version...

Ayen
06-24-2015, 07:13 AM
No. My current review schedule makes it hard for me to invest in games like RPGs outside of it. Besides, I already replayed it last year for a review.

Edge7
06-24-2015, 07:17 AM
I've been playing a little bit over the course of the last 3 years. I just got the submarine. The news has motivated me to try to beat it before the end of the summer.

Mirage
06-24-2015, 12:25 PM
I've done everything there is to do in this game so I'm not interested in playing it again.

Shauna
06-24-2015, 01:33 PM
Eh. Played it to completion, doing everything, recently. Too many other super fun games to play.

Shiva95
06-24-2015, 01:43 PM
No. I watched Advent Children Complete last week when the remake was announced, and I will probably replay Crisis Core soon.

-N-
06-24-2015, 06:00 PM
I've done everything there is to do in this game so I'm not interested in playing it again.

Egami
06-25-2015, 03:39 PM
I replayed it last year (twice) and did very much everything so I am not replaying it now but plan to when the PS4 version comes out.

Mercen-X
06-27-2015, 01:56 PM
I haven't played an honest-to-God videogame in a year. I haven't played VII since 2007. I haven't touched a gaming console or handheld in so long.

theundeadhero
06-27-2015, 02:43 PM
Well, what in the world have you been touching, yourself?

Nice
06-29-2015, 05:58 PM
I was playing Witcher 3 and Last of Us Multiplayer, but after the announcement I dusted off my PS1 copy of VII just to play the first 20 mins or so. I'm two hours in and I don't think I'm going to stop.

escobert
06-29-2015, 07:55 PM
I am replaying it, although I had started before the announcement. I'm taking my time, not playing every day. I'm about to head off to the temple of the ancients :) I completed the Yuffie stuff in Wutai last night and got the keystone this morning. I also watched AV a few weeks ago.

Kappy
07-05-2015, 01:08 PM
Yes, I am, probably the most ridiculously overlevelled playthrough I have done too.

Just about to go off to the Forgotten Capital... Cloud Lvl 46, Tifa Lvl 45, Yuffie Lvl 43

All Limit Breaks aside from Lvl 4's for Cloud and Tifa, just got All Creation for Yuffie. All the Lvl 3 Spells.

I have a problem

Galuf
07-05-2015, 01:31 PM
I finished replaying it, just before it was annoucnced. no point in restarting another game for now. or atleast until i beat FF9 for the 5th time.

Ixtli
10-15-2015, 03:10 PM
I won't be replaying it. I've played through it so many times that the enjoyment is pretty much gone. That and....I have about 20 other games I need to beat on the PS3 and PS4 consoles.

Bubba
10-15-2015, 05:24 PM
Yes, I'm replaying it.

Just assume that I am always playing this game. ALWAYS.

Ayen
10-16-2015, 12:29 AM
I won't be replaying it. I've played through it so many times that the enjoyment is pretty much gone. That and....I have about 20 other games I need to beat on the PS3 and PS4 consoles.

I know that feel. I'm the same way with BattleTanx Global Assault now.

Stecloud
10-17-2015, 06:18 PM
Playing the iOS version for nostalgia value. The controls are tres fiddily so it's adding a bit of a challenge to the game.

After I finish I might try a No Random Battles challenge, since there's an option to turn them off.

krissy
10-30-2015, 01:46 AM
i got the steam but like
a) i can't tab out cause it crashes and takes over my comp screen
b) i have to log in??? wtff is this bs

Scotty_ffgamer
11-24-2015, 01:09 AM
I didn't really feel like making a thread about my current playthrough so I figured I'd just post here.

I just got to the point after the snowboarding mini game on disc 2, and I'm kind of surprised how well I remember the first disc (considering almost all of my replay attempts end before I even leave Midgar) and how little I remember what happens after that point. It's kind of nice being able to play through it now and having a little fresher memory of the game before the remake eventually comes out.

I do have to say that I'm not enjoying it as much as I thought I would. It's still a lot of fun, but I do feel like the game gets weaker and weaker once you leave Midgar. I like the world, and I enjoy the random moments you can have in the different areas such as finding the Turks in Wutai and whatnot. I just feel like there were a lot of interesting ideas being put into the game at this point that weren't written or characterized very well. I also thought the atmosphere and presentation of Midgar was better than the rest of the game so far.

I'm interested in seeing how the remake handles the optional characters of Yuffie and Vincent, and I'm even more interested in seeing how Cait Sith is handled. I've never liked Cait Sith just because he just appears and joins the party for no reason, and no one questions it. Then they just give him kind of a flimsy reason to stick around. I like his character conceptually, but I think that's something that could be improved upon for the remake.

Saber
11-24-2015, 06:48 AM
They hated the idea of the stuffed animal cat. That is why the little guy rides Red XIII in Advent Children. They say it doesn't look realistic. But I like the arm flapping dumb looking thing. I hardly ever see the little cat up top. The big white toy will be fun if they decide to keep it in the remake.

escobert
11-25-2015, 04:43 AM
i got the steam but like
a) i can't tab out cause it crashes and takes over my comp screen
b) i have to log in??? wtff is this bs

huh?

I play on the steam version. You can make it windowed if you're having full screen issues. If I had to log in, it was only once. I didn't have to do any logging in when I played this morning.

I didn't really feel like making a thread about my current playthrough so I figured I'd just post here.

I just got to the point after the snowboarding mini game on disc 2, and I'm kind of surprised how well I remember the first disc (considering almost all of my replay attempts end before I even leave Midgar) and how little I remember what happens after that point. It's kind of nice being able to play through it now and having a little fresher memory of the game before the remake eventually comes out.

I'm about to start climbing the glacier!

crashNUMBERS
11-25-2015, 03:02 PM
I started replaying about a year ago but wanted to focus on finally beating ff5 so I deleted the file and will restart afterwards. no worries, Ive beaten it 4 times in my childhood. I will beat it again with adult eyes soon enough