PDA

View Full Version : I feel sorry for FFXV

fat_moogle
06-23-2015, 08:30 PM
I'm still looking forward to this game. The demo shows a lot of potential and I'm intrigued to see where the story will go, but I can't help but feel sorry for this game now. Hopefully it will live up to being the next flagship numbered title, but now with the FFVII Remake being announced I feel that some of it's thunder has been stolen and it will end up being "that FF that came out before VII". And people will be like "what, VI?" and they be like "No fool, XV!" and people's minds will explode.

Jinx
06-23-2015, 08:34 PM
Nah, I lost interest a long time ago.

fat_moogle
06-23-2015, 08:37 PM
Nah, I lost interest a long time ago.
Exactly. I can live with the changes made between the transition of FF Versus XIII > FFXV, and it does seem to be shaping up well. But I still think a lot of people are angry that it has taken this long and now in some senses a completely different game.

Freya
06-23-2015, 08:41 PM
It could go both ways. If VII comes out first, People may have a renewed love for FF and jump right into XV. If it comes out after XV then maybe it could make people either look forward or against a new VII.

fat_moogle
06-23-2015, 08:56 PM
I never even thought about the possibility of FFVII being released before FFXV!

Psychotic
06-23-2015, 09:50 PM
FFXVI is probably going to be released before FFXV.

fat_moogle
06-23-2015, 10:25 PM
FFXVI is probably so faaaaar off haha. I honestly doubt we'll even see it this console generation.

Shorty
06-24-2015, 12:24 AM
I think it's the misfortune at the hands of the creators and their poor decisions, aka how it's been nine years since it's been announced (under a different title) and how it probably won't release for another two years minimum, the development team has come and gone, they've released demos and then scrapped some of the work they've done.

Hard to hold fans' attention for a decade if you don't deliver. Obviously gaming developments are going to run into issues, but these seem insanely excessive. The FFVII remake deserves to steal its thunder.

Wolf Kanno
06-24-2015, 04:17 AM
I agree that I feel the VII Remake pretty much killed any hype FFXV could foster, unless if FFXV came packaged with the VII Remake Demo. As Night Fury pointed out, the game's long development time and the fact that Versus XIII was so painfully teased for nine years kind of killed much of the game's goodwill with the fanbase.

FFXV may be a good game, but I doubt it will recapture the fanbase. Maybe SE decided to announce the remake of VII because they knew this?

Ayen
06-24-2015, 04:20 AM
I feel sorry that the game been in development hell all these years and the most it has is a demo, and then The Demo 2.0 More Cowbell.

I think it's the misfortune at the hands of the creators and their poor decisions, aka how it's been nine years since it's been announced (under a different title) and how it probably won't release for another two years minimum, the development team has come and gone, they've released demos and then scrapped some of the work they've done.

Hard to hold fans' attention for a decade if you don't deliver. Obviously gaming developments are going to run into issues, but these seem insanely excessive. The FFVII remake deserves to steal its thunder.

This.

fat_moogle
06-24-2015, 07:55 PM
Poor Tabata! People have already forgotten about Type-0 HD and soon people will be forgetting about XV as well.

I'd say Nomura is off his Christmas card list this year.

Jinx
06-24-2015, 10:18 PM
What systems can you play Type-0 on?

fat_moogle
06-24-2015, 10:26 PM
What systems can you play Type-0 on?
PS4 and Xbox One. Or PSP if you can understand Japanese xD

Psychotic
06-25-2015, 11:21 AM
PC now too.

fat_moogle
06-25-2015, 12:13 PM
Oh yeah, forgot about that.

Egami
06-25-2015, 02:46 PM
FFXVI is probably so faaaaar off haha. I honestly doubt we'll even see it this console generation.

Doesn't seems to be that far anymore. Looks like they will be announcing the release date at Gamescon this August and it will probably be out late Q1 or early Q2 2016; which gives them a good six months to heavily hype and promote the game.

Snap Jumper
06-27-2015, 12:39 PM

Doesn't seems to be that far anymore. Looks like they will be announcing the release date at Gamescon this August and it will probably be out late Q1 or early Q2 2016; which gives them a good six months to heavily hype and promote the game.

That says XVI, not XV. We know nothing about FFXVI yet.

Egami
06-27-2015, 02:10 PM
Ooops, true...my bad :)

Del Murder
06-28-2015, 07:51 PM
Yeah, the VII remake really stole its thunder for the moment, but only temporarily. If the game is any good it should come back once there is an actual release window announced.

As others have said, the eternal development hell this game has been in for the last 9 years is why people shrug it off so easily. I do appreciate the outreach with the demo and now second demo of the game, but you know what would be better than SE reaching out to customers to find out what they want? Actually knowing what they want from being in this business for 30 years and having confidence to get it right the first time.

DMKA
06-29-2015, 01:44 AM
Don't worry, we probably won't see or hear anything new about the VII remake for a long time. The moment new material for FFXV (or, God help us, a release day) is revealed it will shoot right back up there pushing the initial hype over the VII remake to the side for awhile.

Wolf Kanno
06-29-2015, 04:27 AM
I don't know, SE already said we would get more info about the remake around December or something. I'm sure the fiasco with Versus and XIV 1.0 taught SE a valuable lesson about transparency. Hell, we've gotten more KH3 video in the years since it's announcement trailer than the first five years of Versus XIII's announcement. It also doesn't help that XV is moving the series into new directions, it's not surprising that fans would be more interested in something familiar. We'll know SE is desperate if they attach a VII Remake demo to XV. :wcanoe:

Old Manus
06-30-2015, 04:29 PM
I'm half expecting the main character to be Duke Nukem.

Nice
06-30-2015, 11:10 PM
I was never that interested in the first place.

FFNut
07-07-2015, 06:09 AM
I just hope,they go back to making it a true Final Fantasy, Not some hogwash that will play its selfie you want it to. It was what made me hate XIII so much, It played itself and made it for everyone except the fans of the series.

Christmas
03-22-2022, 10:41 AM
I feel sorry for it being a miserable incomplete piece of shit when it first release.:(

It is a good thing I only started playing with the Royal Edition which makes more the story more coherent.