PDA

View Full Version : Super Serious Question

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
06-24-2015, 02:19 AM
This questions really is super cereal guys. We had an hour and a half discussion/argument over it at work the other day.

Do people really not use table spoons for eating? Is that really a thing? I use table spoons all the time, but apparently that makes me the odd man out at work. Everyone else only uses tea spoons for eating. Supposedly table spoons are just used as smaller serving spoons the all the heathens I work with.

How do you spoon?

Formalhaut
06-24-2015, 02:21 AM
I use a regular table spoon for eating things with as well. Though those small yogurt pots are quite hard to get into so I'll use a tea spoon.

BlasterDarkRen
06-24-2015, 02:24 AM
the more important question is

what would you call a hybrid of all three of knife, spoon and fork?

(hint, the answer is definitely knifoonork)

Formalhaut
06-24-2015, 02:27 AM

An accident waiting to happen.

Agent Proto
06-24-2015, 02:28 AM
I use whatever is available. If it's a teaspoon, I'll use that. Same goes for the tablespoon. However, for the sake of this poll, I'll go straight for the tablespoon.

BlasterDarkRen
06-24-2015, 02:58 AM

that too XD

but yeah knifoonork.

Ayen
06-24-2015, 03:15 AM
Table spoon. I've always used a table spoon.

Shorty
06-24-2015, 03:38 AM
Growing up, my mom and dad always got the "big forks" and the "big spoons." Children got the "little forks" and "little spoons". To this day, the smaller-sized utensils are synonymous to me with being a non-adult and mocking me in being forced to use childware, so as an adult, I always go for the large-sized forks and spoons. Always the tablespoon.

escobert
06-24-2015, 05:17 AM
I like small utensils.

Pumpkin
06-24-2015, 05:21 AM
Depends but usually a tablespoon. I'll use a tea spoon for hot chocolates or yogurts or stuff like that that call for a smaller spoon

Pike
06-24-2015, 10:51 AM
If you are not using the largest possible utensils so you can stuff the maximum amount of food into your mouth then you are doing it wrong IMO :mymelbert:

blackmage_nuke
06-24-2015, 12:27 PM
Everyone else only uses tea spoons for eating.

Everyone I know uses table spoons when I use teaspoons for most things :Oo:

sharkythesharkdogg
06-24-2015, 01:16 PM

that too XD

but yeah knifoonork.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vvldjZiBG8

Vyk
06-24-2015, 05:47 PM
Growing up, my mom and dad always got the "big forks" and the "big spoons." Children got the "little forks" and "little spoons". To this day, the smaller-sized utensils are synonymous to me with being a non-adult and mocking me in being forced to use childware, so as an adult, I always go for the large-sized forks and spoons. Always the tablespoon.
This, kinda

I mean we had (and still have) two sizes of forks, so to me, it was simply two sizes of spoons. Why on earth they decided to give spoon sizes different names and different jobs is just a ridiculous hold-over from the victorian age of stupid. Eat with whatever you're comfortable eating with. I used a "small" (tea) spoon when I was younger and my mouth was smaller. I upgraded to larger (table) spoons when I got big enough to handle them. Everyone in my family used them like that too. I don't care if aristocrats see it as barbaric. I see it as efficient. Why spend half an hour sipping soup in a tiny spoon, when you can get half the bowl in one spoon

Pumpkin
06-24-2015, 05:50 PM
For a while we gave Michael specific, colouful kids spoons and forks but eventually he would just take ours and give us his so we just started giving him regular utensils :shrug:

Sephiroth
06-24-2015, 05:53 PM
Table Spoons. I want to be done before starving.

Shiny
06-25-2015, 01:55 AM
I go for the smaller spoon to eat things and bigger spoon is used for gathering my food from a pan or pot. Why would I need a big spoon if I don't have a big mouth? Also I like spooning.

Bri
08-08-2015, 05:58 AM
I use big spoon and fork or my hands..when no one is around. ( part of my culture ) please don't judge. Peace :-)

Iceglow
10-21-2015, 07:55 PM
It depends entirely on what you are eating. If you are eating Cereal? You should use a table spoon. If you are eating a soup? Table spoon. If you are eating a small pot of yoghurt? A tea spoon. The size of the spoon used should be dependent entirely on what you are eating and from what sort of container/surface you are eating it from.

Your colleagues are not only weird. They're the wrong kind of weird. I think you need to change jobs ASAP as they're all fucking loons who will murder you one day.

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-27-2015, 04:19 PM
Tablespoons for soup and stuff; teaspoon for dessert. Espresso spoons for espressos.

Del Murder
10-27-2015, 06:00 PM
Huh, we did that too, but it had the opposite effect for me. I got used to the smaller spoons and forks that I still gravitate towards those.

Mirage
10-28-2015, 02:06 AM
If you are not using the largest possible utensils so you can stuff the maximum amount of food into your mouth then you are doing it wrong IMO :mymelbert:
Absolutely. Teaspoons are for mixing out whatever you put in your tea, not eating. In fact, teaspoons are even smaller than the spoons we give to small children here. You can't seriously be eating things like cereal with a tiny teaspoon? How would you even finish a bowl of cereal in less than an hour that way?!

Bubba
10-29-2015, 10:05 AM
I am baffled that this is a question. Anyone using a tea spoon to eat cereal, soup, porridge etc... should be locked up. What is wrong with you people?! Do you also find the following situations crop up quite regularly...?

- I've been meaning to paint the outside fence for ages now. I'd better get down the chemist and buy a toothbrush

- "Who is the new guy at Handegg tryouts?"
"That's the transfer from New Delhi Tech. Mahatma Gandhi."
"He'd make a really good offensive tackle."

- Ahh it's raining, perfect. Time to drain the swimming pool. I'd better fetch a fork from the kitchen.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
10-29-2015, 04:55 PM
You guys all make me feel validated.