PDA

View Full Version : Orthopedic Underwear

Forsaken Lover
06-24-2015, 03:13 AM
For the Remake, my biggest question is if we'll still have the Orthopedic Underwear in Cloud's Past.

And then later on during the super dramatic scene where Sephiroth is breaking Cloud, Steve Burton will switch from a panicky, frenzied "No, no, you're lying! I know who I am" to "I know this because I remember looking through Tifa's drawers and stealing her bra."

Incidentally, I have watched more than one LP where people thought "Orthopedic Underwear" referred to Tifa's panties. These people are dumb. HAVE YOU NOT NOTICED TIFA HAS BIG BOOBS? ORTHOPEDIC STUFF IS MADE FOR PEOPLE WITH ABNORMAL PROPORTIONS OR NEEDS. THE JOKE IS SHE HAD TO HAVE A SPECIAL BRA FOR HER BIG BOOBS.

Why the smurf would anyone need specially made panties anyway. I mean, for medical purposes.

Rostum
06-24-2015, 06:35 AM
Woah, take it easy dude.

Edge7
06-24-2015, 07:18 AM
No Rostum, you have to be Super Cereal about you're undergarments :P

Ayen
06-24-2015, 07:28 AM
FL, have you been rifling through Tifa's underwear drawer again? :colbert:

Jinx
06-24-2015, 12:04 PM
I always thought it was about her panties too. Generally the term "underwear" refers to bottoms, not bras. Like, yes, it can refer to both. But usually we're talking underpants. No need to get shitty, dude.

Mirage
06-24-2015, 12:14 PM
well the game was translated by a dude so you can't expect the highest level of female garment expertise

Sephiroth
06-24-2015, 03:55 PM
The line does not exactly say "Orthopaedic Underwear", especially not that it her bra per sé so it does not need to reappear. The line is about slightly stretched pants/panties.

Forsaken Lover
06-24-2015, 05:16 PM
Okay, if it is panties, and the actual wording is something more like "slightly stretched" then the game is now officially ruined.

That's not a joke. What you just said is not in any way funny. Why? Because I'm confused, NOT amused.

What the hell does the "slightly stretched" adjective add to the humor? I mean, if Cloud was just rummaging through her drawers and found "Panties' then that could be funny. Hell, I've seen it in other Japanese stuff. Maybe if the descriptor was something like "Skimpy Underwear" or something, it would add to the joke.

But what you just said invalidates the joke. "Slightly stretched" doesn't mean anything. It doesn't need to exist. What is the purpose of that worthless detail?

I really need to go back in time and slap whoever wrote this part because they don't understand comedy. They ruined my childhood with what I thought was a semi-clever joke and reference to how busty Tifa was. You know, some goddam self-awareness. But in reality, there was no joke. It was less than a joke. It was meaningless.

I mean, goddam. "Slightly Stretched Panties." WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN????? I mean, I know what it means, but what does it MEAN? Why did they include that?

Maybe it's the fact I've now played 130 hours of Skyrim and I'm not even a fraction of the way done, and I'm really tired after the latest 8 hour straight session, but holy balls, I'm irritated.

You know what's a good game? Skyrim. There, the jokes make sense. There would be no item listed as "Slightly stretched Panties."

Fuckin' slightly stretched...whoever wrote that was fired I hope.

Sephiroth
06-24-2015, 05:21 PM
I don't know if we can argue the necessity of a description about something that was not necessary in the first place.

Mirage
06-24-2015, 05:22 PM
Humor is in many cases necessary.

Shauna
06-24-2015, 05:46 PM
The line does not exactly say "Orthopaedic Underwear", especially not that it her bra per sé so it does not need to reappear. The line is about slightly stretched pants/panties.

It's orthopaedic underwear in the official translation.

And either way, slightly stretched panties are about as funny as orthopaedic underwear. As in small grin, move on.

Sephiroth
06-24-2015, 05:48 PM
I said, the line does not "exactly" say, so obviously I was talking about the Japanese version. Forsaken Lover did understand what I meant.

Jinx
06-24-2015, 05:53 PM
ITT: Forsaken Lover is really serious about under garments.

Mirage
06-24-2015, 05:54 PM
Is anyone surprised? :p

-N-
06-24-2015, 05:58 PM
It was probably censored from Bra to Underwear to slide under the 90's description of T-rating.

Having Barrett say "sh!t" all the time was cool though.

Sephiroth
06-24-2015, 06:00 PM
It says pantsu. Pantsu is not a bra.

Mirage
06-24-2015, 06:04 PM
Maybe it was censored from bra to panties in the japanese version too, to slide under the 90s description of T-rating.

Sephiroth
06-24-2015, 06:06 PM
I would write "lol" but I guess that is under the limit.

Jinx
06-24-2015, 06:07 PM
Bras, panties, doesn't matter. Something very few people in this thread have ever seen.

Mirage
06-24-2015, 06:54 PM
I've seen my own panties!

Forsaken Lover
06-25-2015, 03:30 AM
Bras, panties, doesn't matter. Something very few people in this thread have ever seen.

I guess people in here are too young to remember the glory days of the Attitude Era in WWF.

If they were alive then, they would have seen much in the way of bras and panties. And puppies.

Ayen
06-25-2015, 03:49 AM

I guess people in here are too young to remember the glory days of the Attitude Era in WWF.

Don't compare me to these rift rafts :wcanoe: I still remember Mr. McMahon giving Taker and Kane the finger and getting put in a wheelchair for his trouble. Good times.

Forsaken Lover
06-25-2015, 05:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlCRzZxAxVY

We need one of those with FFVII.

Sephex
06-25-2015, 05:15 AM

You forgot boxers.

Ayen
06-25-2015, 05:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlCRzZxAxVY

We need one of those with FFVII.

You mean like in this episode? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afcU8PIasQ0)

Everyone needs JR's commentary in their life.

Bubba
06-25-2015, 04:01 PM
Just posting here to let everyone know that I have seen both bras and panties in my lifetime.

Mirage
06-25-2015, 04:49 PM
pics or it didn't happen

-N-
06-25-2015, 05:36 PM
Bras, panties, doesn't matter. Something very few people in this thread have ever seen.Oh right, we're all still teenagers :p

theundeadhero
06-25-2015, 05:57 PM
Son, I'm old enough to remember The Bushwhackers strutting around in camo pants and pulling out 2x4s to whack over their opponents heads :p
I want Tifa's orthopedics to be panties so they're panties, simple as that. If I can imagine an ancient evil space alien crashing to the planet, being frozen for thousands of years, then having her DNA fused with human babies, I can imagine Tifa with whatever kinda underwear I want.

Jinx
06-25-2015, 06:16 PM
Bras, panties, doesn't matter. Something very few people in this thread have ever seen.Oh right, we're all still teenagers :p

Nah, just the way people are arguing about this makes me think most of the guys in this thread are virgins. :p

Formalhaut
06-25-2015, 06:23 PM
I think I've learned more about a ladies panties than I, or Mr. Carnelian would care for me to know. :stare:

Pumpkin
06-26-2015, 04:49 AM
This... this is a thread that is happening

Formalhaut
06-26-2015, 11:07 AM
Best Thread in the Summer Ciddies anyone? :shobon:

Fynn
06-26-2015, 12:11 PM
This reminds me of that one Dissidia thread. Remember the one? How Terra in Esper form is obscene, but then the whole conversation shifted to gushing about Tifa's sweaty armpits. Yeah.

Mirage
06-26-2015, 03:20 PM
Was supermillionaire involved in that thread?

Fynn
06-26-2015, 03:34 PM
Who else? That's where the whole meme began.

Mercen-X
06-27-2015, 12:03 AM
I remember something about that.

Anyhowwhoway... whatever the original line was, it was translated to English as Underwear, this could have been a deliberate attempt to stay true to the original "pantsu" line while also alluding to Tifa's bra size as Underwear can be thought of to refer to both. Personally, I never really gave it much though. Underwear is underwear. It didn't occur to me to wonder if it was tops or bottoms. I didn't know what orthopedic meant at the time, so I usually just imagined a nightie. For all I knew, it could have been a long T-shirt with the word "Orthopedic" scrawled on it in an obscure reference to some in-universe band.

Mr Gashtacular
07-28-2021, 08:33 PM
i hope all the ppl jinx called virgins in 2015 managed to have a sex by now, if that was a goal of thiers!!!

have fun and stay safe out there! :D