PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever fainted?

Pike
07-26-2015, 05:01 PM
One time at work about, oh, seven or eight years ago I suddenly started feeling dizzy and my vision tunneled and turned gray. I had enough time to say "I don't feel very good" before suddenly my co-worker was holding me. I was only out for a couple of seconds but apparently I fell into her. xD I never did figure out what caused it. I think it was just a random thing.

sharkythesharkdogg
07-26-2015, 05:21 PM
I was in the.......third grade? I woke up with a fever, but it was an important test day so my parents made me go to school anyway. I remember taking the test, and feeling really hot. I remember the girl who sat behind me had a crush on me and she must have known I wasn't feeling good. I remember feeling really woozy, remember feeling her kiss me on the back of the neck, and then I remember going in and out of consciousness on the way to the doctors.

Turns out my appendix was about to rupture. :monster: Thanks parents!

escobert
07-26-2015, 05:30 PM
I've never fainted from the sight of blood or something like that, only when I used to make all the blood rush to my head.

And one time I almost fainted, I took a really big bong hit and then stood up to hand the bong off and almost fainted. lol

Colonel Angus
07-26-2015, 05:38 PM
Oh, lawdy, has anyone ever had the vapors?

Shauna
07-26-2015, 05:41 PM
I gave blood once and didn't rest enough after it. Half way home, I felt a bit faint so decided to take a short break in a bus stop.

Woke up on the ground. No idea how long I'd been there.

Pumpkin
07-26-2015, 05:59 PM
I've come close when I get really hot, but never fully fainted. I'll get to the point where everything goes white and I can't see though. The worst was one winter when I was all bundled up in heavy winter gear and I went to a store that was blasting the heat and taking forever to serve me. I literally had to run outside as my vision was going out, unzip everything and fall in to a pile of snow and lay there for a few minutes before I could go back in. I don't do so well with the heat

Pheesh
07-26-2015, 06:08 PM
In the 4th grade we were painting and my vision started graying out, so I stumbled up to the teacher and told her I couldn't see and thought I was gonna faint. She laid me down and everything went totally gray for maybe 2 seconds and then it just started clearing up again. Had to do a bunch of tests that day at the doctors but they said it was probably because I skipped out on eating anything for recess that day.

Slothy
07-26-2015, 06:35 PM
Never really. I almost did once when doing something strenuous and having all of the blood rush to my head, but I really just went blind for a second or two and dropped my phone from my hands because I couldn't really do anything.

I have almost been choked out a couple of times back when I did Brazilian Jiu Jitsu because I'm too stubborn to tap until the last possible moment. The closest I ever came I started seeing stars and my vision went black so I decided to tap before I totally passed out.

Raistlin
07-26-2015, 07:01 PM
I haven't fainted completely, but did almost collapse once. I was about 13, had just recovered from a bout of bronchitis, and went to basketball practice after school. During practice I started feeling a little woozy, but ignored it. At the end we did sprints, and after the last set of sprints my legs felt wobbly and I was unable to stand without holding onto the wall. I tried to walk to the water fountain, but after a couple steps was unable to move even with my hands on the wall for support, and I had to be half dragged, half carried to the sideline. The last infection in my lungs had apparently left me with sports' asthma, and my legs were not receiving enough oxygen to even be able to stand by myself.

Bri
07-26-2015, 07:42 PM
Oh man I can still distinctly remember the first and last time I ever fainted
I was at my friend's house getting ready to go to a party with her and I somehow fell and slipped somewhere..i don't know where.. but I slipped! Fell backwards landing on the back of my head first. After that I fainted, woke up and I was in my own home. Later I still went to the party and met up with my friend asking me if I was okay. I told her I was and after that I was okay. Up until this very day I am obviously still alive and okay ;)

Psychotic
07-26-2015, 08:00 PM
Yes. Once when I was 12 we were doing drama and pretending to take punches. After taking a pretend punch I fell backwards and smashed my elbow onto a metal chair and I fainted soon after. I've also had (touch wood in using the past tense) some severe nosebleeds that were so bad that blood ended up coming out of my eye, and I've fainted due to blood loss during those.

Mirage
07-26-2015, 08:27 PM
Nope. One time my vision went dark and I could only see a few stars, but I didn't lose consciousness. I had to sit down for a minute or so before I could see again though.

Night Fury
07-26-2015, 08:41 PM
I fainted from blood loss when I was 8 or 9. I had a really massive mega nosebleed and I just remember my parents telling me I had to go to hospital and I was walking to the car and like, just fell back.

Mirage
07-26-2015, 08:44 PM
whoa was your nose actually still attached to your face?

Dark_Valentine
07-27-2015, 01:53 AM
I have fainted twice. One was when I was in elementary school...not sure what caused it but I was walking down the hall to lunch and the next thing I remember the teacher was carrying me to the office. Apparently I walked right into the wall lol. The second time was when we was getting ready to go to a Christmas party. My dad was blow drying my hair while my mom got ready, and I guess the heat got to me and made me pass out. I woke up on the bed with both of my parents over me.

Karifean
07-27-2015, 02:50 AM
I've never fainted, but closest I've been to that would be my vision going dark once when I took a bad spill on a biking trip. Not a pleasant experience.

FFNut
07-27-2015, 03:10 AM
I've been knocked out when I've played hockey but never fainted. Don't know if it would count.

Ayen
07-27-2015, 04:54 AM
Never.

blackmage_nuke
07-27-2015, 05:39 AM
I've fallen asleep during inopportune moments but I have yet to faint.

Bubba
07-27-2015, 08:10 AM
I remember passing out on the train on the way to school. The train had stopped and these weird things boarded the train that made us all feel sad and depressed. I remember feeling quite embarrassed as none of my friends passed out. Luckily, one of our teachers was on the train and gave me some chocolate. I felt much better after that.

Pheesh
07-27-2015, 08:30 AM
I remember passing out on the train on the way to school. The train had stopped and these weird things boarded the train that made us all feel sad and depressed. I remember feeling quite embarrassed as none of my friends passed out. Luckily, one of our teachers was on the train and gave me some chocolate. I felt much better after that.

Can you point out for me on the bear where the teacher 'gave you the chocolate'.

Shorty
07-27-2015, 04:24 PM
I can't recall ever fainting, but once while out shopping with my mom and sisters, I collapsed in the bathroom of a department store during an endometriosis episode. :stare: I couldn't move my body or my head, my vision had narrowed down and blurred and I was just lying there on the floor unable to move while people came in and out. It was not awesome.

fat_moogle
07-27-2015, 04:56 PM
I have fainted once, if you call it fainting. I was on Holiday in Cyprus at the time, and we were in a restaurant. It was ridiculously hot and the seating was in like an open plan outside. I passed out for a moment at the table and then come too and ran to the toilet to be sick (sorry if anyone is eating)!

Loony BoB
07-29-2015, 12:08 PM
Only once, last year. I was getting multiple vaccination shots ahead of my trip to Thailand and normally they were supposed to be spaced out, but because of the timeframes involved I couldn't have that luxury. I don't have any problem with injections, never really have since I was a teen, so when I got light headed I didn't know what was going on. I nearly fainted, but the doc caught me before I slumped over in my chair and told me to get on the bed and lie down for a bit. I honestly don't know if I completely fainted or not, though, because I pretty much remember the whole thing.

Rocket Edge
07-29-2015, 01:07 PM
Never thankfully, although I did do the choking game (Choking game) when I was 12 where I blacked out for a couple of seconds, if that counts.

Formalhaut
07-29-2015, 01:36 PM
I gave blood once and didn't rest enough after it. Half way home, I felt a bit faint so decided to take a short break in a bus stop.

Woke up on the ground. No idea how long I'd been there.

Did no one help you up?

I have a similar experience. I gave blood for the first time two years ago, and felt absolutely fine after it, besides the sense of smugness you get from doing it. Anyway, so I had to go to the toilet (as they tell you to drink plenty of water) but the nearest toilet were up on the top floor of a department store. The lift was also out as well for repairs. I didn't think it would be that bad, so I took the stairs.

By the time I got to the top floor, I was up four flights of stairs and felt ready to pass out. I felt incredibly light headed. I practically dashed to the gents, and locked myself in a stall and sat down for what must be like ten minutes. I didn't faint, but it was the closest I ever felt to it. By the time I left, I developed an incredibly cold sweat.

Shauna
07-29-2015, 01:42 PM
It was a bus stop near my house, at which there is like one bus per hour. Nobody there at the time.

Del Murder
07-29-2015, 09:13 PM
I have never blacked out that I can remember.

Ayen
07-29-2015, 09:32 PM
Can I change my answer to, "Yes, but I was revived at the Poemon Center."?

T-too late? :(

Iceglow
07-29-2015, 11:18 PM
I've never been physically knocked out in a fight, I've rarely managed to knock myself out hitting my head or anything either. That being said when I was grossly underweight at 8 stone or so (I'm 5'11" no way I ought to weigh that little ever) I went through a stage where I would faint uncontrollably. I'd step out of the bath tub and faint by the time I reached my bed, I even fainted once going for a pee at home. Once I gained weight to a healthier weight it stopped which means it was entirely to do with nearly starving myself.