PDA

View Full Version : Donald Trump angers Univision, Latinos with comments about Mexican immigrants

SuperMillionaire
06-27-2015, 09:11 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2015/06/25/univision-dumps-miss-universe-blames-trump-offensive-remarks/29270577/

Univision, the leading Spanish-language media company in the United States, has decided to drop its deal with the Miss Universe Organization, which is owned by real estate mogul and reality TV star turned presidential candidate Donald Trump, because of comments he made about Mexican immigrants. He stated that Mexico "does not bring its best" to the United States, and that they are mostly made up of "rapists and drug dealers." Univision has announced that it will not air the Miss USA pageant.

In addition, Mexican-American singer Becky G released a song called "We Are Mexico" and aimed it at Trump.

http://www.latintimes.com/pulse/becky-g-dedicates-song-we-are-mexico-donald-trump-325207

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHAt79-HmjM

Mr. Trump, estas despedido. In Spanish, it means "you're fired."

Jinx
06-27-2015, 09:12 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, SuperMillionaire.

Vyk
06-27-2015, 09:26 PM
Isn't he like a super-rich conservative republican guy? How would anyone be surprised he felt this way. Even if he'd never said it, I could have guessed he felt this way. He believes Mexicans just come over and steal jobs and don't pay taxes, and so they're robbing him and he hates them. That's how pretty much every rich right-winger feels, don't they? I mean, I'm glad he's outed I guess, but there's going to be another dozen to take his place if this loses him any standing. But most poor conservative right-wingers believe the same thing, and they make up a pretty hefty amount of the population. They'll still back him

DMKA
06-28-2015, 12:04 AM
If anything this will win him support, honestly.

SuperMillionaire
07-03-2015, 09:08 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, SuperMillionaire.

I didn't lose anything, Jinx.

Anyway, Donald Trump is apparently the type of person who refuses to apologize for anything he says or does, and for that, since being fired by Univision, he has been fired by both NBC and Macy's as well. NBC will no longer carry the Miss Universe and Miss USA pageants, which have since moved to a small channel named Reelz, and as for his reality show, The Apprentice, I think it's going to be cancelled. And Macy's carries a men's designer business clothing line named after him as well, but they are phasing it out.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/06/29/nbc-to-donald-trump-youre-fired/?_r=0

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jul/01/macys-fires-donald-trump-mexico

In addition, all of the Latinos that were supposed to participate in the Miss USA pageant have since dropped out, and a lot of other Latinos are angry at him.

Estas despedido! (You're fired!)

Vyk
07-04-2015, 05:03 PM
Yeah, I've heard he's trying to sue, rather than apologize, and even said a few more choice words that made things even worse. And for that, his popularity rating has went from 3% to 12%. Yay racist americans. DMKA called it

Colonel Angus
07-05-2015, 04:40 AM
Funny think about The Donald is while he says Mexicans are stealing jobs & the Chinese are destroying America, all of his crappy clothing line is made in Mexico, China & India.

Raistlin
07-05-2015, 04:46 AM
Yeah, I've heard he's trying to sue, rather than apologize, and even said a few more choice words that made things even worse. And for that, his popularity rating has went from 3% to 12%. Yay racist americans. DMKA called it

He did sue, for breach of contract and defamation. Based on the complaint (https://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/270123665?access_key=key-Y7pBBK8KyGYPGFrFJoKD&allow_share=true&escape=false&view_mode=scroll), he may or may not have a good case for breach of contract, but the defamation claim is outrageously bogus.

Ayen
07-06-2015, 12:03 AM

Yeah, he jumped to #2 in Republican polls since that comment. Which just goes to show how far that party has fallen.

Can't say I'll miss him on NBC.

SuperMillionaire
07-20-2015, 06:27 PM
His Miss USA 2015 pageant was since rescued by Reelz, a little-known cable network. It wound up bombing in the ratings as a result, drawing less than a million viewers. Compare that to the 5.5 million viewers who tuned in last year on NBC.

And in both Mexico and the United States, pinatas modeled after Donald Trump have become very popular. A pinata is a toy that you fill up with candy and you beat up with a stick, and they're modeling pinatas after him now.

And Ayen, you watched his Apprentice show?

Ayen
07-20-2015, 06:49 PM
No. I don't watch any reality TV.

The guy managed to offend war veterans now, too, and actually get Republicans and Democrats to come together over how stupid he is. Guy has talent.

Raistlin
07-21-2015, 02:26 AM
Donald Trump is a self-absorbed blowhard who is so obsessed with his image and perception of power that he has quite likely flagrantly lied (http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/23/business/yourmoney/whats-he-really-worth.html) about the amount of his wealth for years (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/donald-trump-loses-libel-lawsuit-232923). He is a cartoon.

Sephex
07-21-2015, 05:01 AM
Donald Trump is a self-absorbed blowhard who is so obsessed with his image and perception of power that he has quite likely flagrantly lied (http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/23/business/yourmoney/whats-he-really-worth.html) about the amount of his wealth for years (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/donald-trump-loses-libel-lawsuit-232923). He is a cartoon.

He's trying to unite the parties! THE MAN IS A HERO!

Nah, I'm kidding.

Ayen
07-21-2015, 10:51 AM

He's trying to unite the parties! THE MAN IS A HERO!

He's the hero we need, NOT THE ONE WE DESERVE!

SuperMillionaire
07-27-2015, 04:55 PM
You know, I remember being introduced to his show back in high school. I had this business teacher in high school, and as part of the curriculum, she had us watch The Apprentice. She showed us the first season of the show, and I remember the very first episode of the very first season of the show. The contestants were split into two teams, based on gender, and their very first task was to sell lemonade on the streets of New York City. The contestants felt strange, because they obviously felt too old for that; they were grown men and women wearing suits, ties, and dresses, but that was the task that Donald Trump assigned to them, and they were in a competition to see which team would make more profits; the losing team would face Trump in the boardroom, where one of them would be fired. Could you imagine grown men and women selling lemonade, and then one of them gets fired over it because they didn't make enough profits? But that's exactly what happened. For the record, the women's team won, and one of the men got fired.

Also, prior to Trump's running for President and subsequent comments about Mexican immigrants, I would have liked him to become the new host of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, because he is a good friend of Regis Philbin, the original host of the U.S. version of the show.

escobert
07-28-2015, 04:34 PM
The guy managed to offend war veterans now, too, and actually get Republicans and Democrats to come together over how stupid he is. Guy has talent.

If you're talking about his McCain comments, the guy is a total joke. Yes he served our country and went through hell as a POW but he was also hanging out with ISIS fighters in Syria saying to give em guns and money a couple years ago. And supports the governments spying on American citizens.

I would never vote for Trump, but some of the stuff he says is spot on. No, I don't agree all mexicans are here to steal our jobs and rape/pillage America. But, there is a good number who really should be deported and aren't here trying to better their families circumstances.

Pumpkin
07-28-2015, 05:03 PM
he also thinks that you can't rape your spouse (http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2015/07/donald-trumps-lawyer-marital-rape-cannot-be-rape) so :monster:

His wife says she felt violated but felt using 'rape' was too strong of a word, which is her choice. Regardless of whether he raped her or not, he did say

"And, of course, understand that by the very definition, you can't rape your spouse."

I don't care that he's probably doing these things for attention, that's a horribly disgusting thing to say and also isn't really accurate anymore because people smartened the fuck up. Asshole

Ayen
07-28-2015, 07:22 PM

If you're talking about his McCain comments, the guy is a total joke. Yes he served our country and went through hell as a POW but he was also hanging out with ISIS fighters in Syria saying to give em guns and money a couple years ago. And supports the governments spying on American citizens.

Whether or not you think McCain is a joke has very little to do with what was said, which was basically Donald taking a dump on anyone who happened to be imprisoned during war. He was talking about McCain specifically, but what he said still implies to all the other POWs. Hence the outcry, and hence my finding enjoyment out of Republicans and Democrats actually finding common ground for once.

noxious.sunshine
07-28-2015, 07:52 PM
I used to like watching Celebrity Apprentice sometimes if there was a washed up B/C/D/Z list celeb competing that I either liked at one point or was interested in.

SuperMillionaire
08-08-2015, 05:28 PM
This past Thursday, I found out that there was going to be a Republican Presidential Candidate Debate on the Fox News Channel that night, but I didn't get a chance to post it here and remind you to watch it. I had an appointment to the dentist, and on the TV, while I was waiting, they were showing previews of the two debates; one at 5:00, dubbed the "happy hour" or "undercard" debate, for the candidates ranked 11th-17th in the polls (there were a total of 17 candidates running for the Republican nominee for President), and the 9:00 primetime debate, for the candidates ranked in the top 10 in the polls, which of course includes Donald Trump. I didn't watch the 5:00 debate because after my dental appointment, we went grocery shopping, but from the clips they replayed from that debate, the winner was businesswoman and former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina, who happened to be the only woman participating in the debate. I did, however, catch the main event at 9:00, and Donald Trump did perform well, but so did a few of the others.

Notably, although he performed well, Trump accused Fox News anchor and debate moderator Megyn Kelly of asking unfair questions to him after she asked him a question about his comments about women that he doesn't like; in the past, he's called women he doesn't like "fat pigs," "slobs," and "disgusting animals," to which he responded, "only Rosie O'Donnell," alluding to a feud he once had with her, but then Kelly told him that he's insulted more women than just Rosie O'Donnell. In addition to that, when asked if he would take a pledge to support the Republican nominee if it was not him, and not run as a third party or independent candidate, Trump refused to rule that out if he is not treated properly by the other candidates. Following this debate, Trump is still leading the polls, and is still a front runner.

As for the 5:00 debate, which I did not watch, but I saw replayed clips of it on Fox News, the clear winner of that debate was former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina. She acknowedged the Trump factor, stating that he has tapped into an anger that many Americans feel, and that many are sick of politics as usual.

If there's one thing I know about Donald Trump, it's that he is a tough-talking man who is not afraid to speak his mind. He is quite brash, as I saw on The Apprentice; he was tough on the candidates, and fired them if they did not meet his standards, and he's the same way in his Presidential campaign; he is brash, and in-your-face.

Also, because of Trump, the primetime debate drew a whopping 24 million viewers.

Mirage
08-08-2015, 05:51 PM
So, supermill, what's your opinion on this whole dealie? How do you feel about trump losing his deals with whoever it was he had deals with?

SuperMillionaire
08-12-2015, 04:20 PM
For one, I don't think that he should have said that the Mexican government is bringing criminals into this country, because not all Mexicans are criminals, and I also think that he should be a bit more politically correct (he thinks we should do away with political correctness), but I still think he's interesting because he says things that others think.

Pheesh
08-12-2015, 04:59 PM
What kinds of things does he say that you think?

SuperMillionaire
08-28-2015, 06:10 PM
Not what I think, but perhaps other people think. At least, that's what my family says about him.

And continuing his feud with Univision, he recently ejected Univision journalist Jorge Ramos from one of his press conferences, but later let him back in, in order to take his question about how he plans to deport more than 10 million illegal immigrants.

And in addition to that, he also has a feud with Fox News journalist Megyn Kelly, one of moderators from the first Republican Presidential Candidate debate, which aired on the Fox News network. She asked him a question about his comments about women he doesn't like, to which he responded with personal attacks against her, and after the debate was over, he has since continued to attack her.