PDA

View Full Version : Worst Final Fantasy characters?

Lazerface
06-30-2015, 12:18 AM
IMO Vaan. Just (sigh) I..... I'm at a loss for words-four words. What the hell was that? In your opinion who do you think was the worse Final Fantasy character in terms of each game?

BlasterDarkRen
06-30-2015, 01:25 AM
As I'm replaying FFX at the moment I'll come out and admit it now

Kimahri. I think he's about as useful as a chocolate teapot, I really don't see anything in his battling that can't be done better by someone else.

Formalhaut
06-30-2015, 01:29 AM
I actually warmed to Kimahri quite alot. He definitely required, for me, a second play-through for me to appreciate his character. I mean, definitely, he's still fairly meh, but that's not really his fault. They could have used him more often.

Vaan... he's not Penelo, which, while I love Penelo's positivity, her and Fran get really hamstringed in the story which isn't fair. Look, I know there's not enough time for every character to get a major plot point, but Penelo literally drops off the face of a cliff after Bhujerba.

Ayen
06-30-2015, 01:36 AM
Snow is really the only character who annoyed me to no end.

Jinx
06-30-2015, 02:04 AM
I don't mind Kimahri so much as a character. In battle, he's useless.

Amarant is the worst.

Ayen
06-30-2015, 02:06 AM
I don't mind Kimahri so much as a character. In battle, he's useless.

He's useless so you never use him, and then you have to fight as him solo!

Square be trolling.

Wolf Kanno
06-30-2015, 03:38 AM
YYV of course, the holy trinity of dipshit characters. By which I mean Yuffie (selfish theiving annoying), Yuna (doormat annoying) and Vanille (fetish fuel annoying).

For guys... probably Compilation Reno, Kimarhi, and Hope.

Fynn
06-30-2015, 08:58 AM
I've never seen so much pain in one thread...

Mr. Carnelian
06-30-2015, 09:02 AM
I really dislike X Yuna and XIII Serah.

FFX Yuna: like Wolf pointed out, she's a total doormat. And for most of the story, she's so irritatingly passive - take charge, woman, you're the one with the awesome summoning power!

FFXIII Serah: she's stupid, she's marrying an older man - who she's only just met, really - at the age of 18, and her only real purpose in the story is to be a damsel in distress.

However, both of them get a lot better in their sequels, X-2 and XIII-2. They both grow some backbone, and become more independent and assertive.

Wolf Kanno
06-30-2015, 09:07 AM

Well no one has said anyone controversial yet...

wait for it...

Forsaken Lover
06-30-2015, 10:42 AM
Gau. He was by far the worst part of FFVI from what I played.

And he doesn't get any better from what I hear.

After him, it's Rosa. She's so generic it hurts.

Well no one has said anyone controversial yet...

wait for it...

The fact no one has said Edward yet makes me realize how much the fandom has changed in the ten years I've been on here/in the FF fandom.

It's sad.

Fynn
06-30-2015, 11:10 AM
After he got his skills back in the ports, he's nowhere near as useless. And TAY made him a cunning badass, so

Psychotic
06-30-2015, 01:38 PM
Going to agree with Kimahri. Adds nothing in either story or combat.

Depression Moon
06-30-2015, 04:31 PM
Edward because he can't take more than one hit. It's true there's really no part in Kimahri when everyone else does everything else better that he's always behind on, but come Amarant is actually good in battle.

I just don't like Vaan. Nothing to do with him in battle as that FF is like VII and VIII where everyone is the same, but I dislike his design.

Shiva95
07-01-2015, 01:28 PM
Yuffie. I find her very annoying and I really don't like her quest with the materias.

Vermachtnis
07-01-2015, 08:05 PM
I don't like Vincent. From his black and red color scheme. His trying too hard to be cool and a badass. He's so uncaring and yet he's pining over a lost love. His Chaos control. Shadow the Hedgehog is the worst Final Fantasy character.