PDA

View Full Version : Tower Levels

Galuf
06-30-2015, 10:02 PM
Right, this could be my final thing for tonight.
Who here likes tower levels in any game?
and what ones are your fav's.
me? i thought Stone tower was cool in MM.
but the most meaningful one for me is... Temporal Tower in PMD 2 ( Explorers series) that game will win any award from me. no game has made me feel so much so yes! it is there!

Pike
07-01-2015, 12:11 AM
Medivh's Tower :D (aka Karazhan!) My favorite dungeon in any game ever!

theundeadhero
07-01-2015, 01:29 AM
What about times when the entire game is a tower and it's your RPG adventure to explore to the very top?

Galuf
07-01-2015, 04:50 PM
What about times when the entire game is a tower and it's your RPG adventure to explore to the very top?
woah a whole game that is a tower level!? that sounds awesome!

Skyblade
07-01-2015, 05:32 PM

Persona 3: Tartarus.

Less awesome than it sounds.

Galuf
07-01-2015, 05:44 PM

Persona 3: Tartarus.

Less awesome than it sounds.

ohh... ok. Towers.... There is something about them that is cool, maybe because they are Tall? idk. it's kinda like trains. i like them but i dont know why.

Mirage
07-03-2015, 11:34 AM
don't see what's so special about tower levels.

Spuuky
07-03-2015, 05:25 PM
Ys: Origin and Etrian Odyssey 2 are both great games in which the entire plot is essentially "climb this enormous tower."

Vermachtnis
07-03-2015, 07:03 PM
Ys: Origin and Etrian Odyssey 2 are both great games in which the entire plot is essentially "climb this enormous tower."

Darm Tower from Ys Origin was what immediately popped into my head. Ys I, the second half was basically climbing the same tower.

But Neptral Tower from Action Unleased is probably my favorite in recent memory. It's a big 50 floor tower that you have to climb two at a time and when you get all 10 characters up there they push Noire off and then jump off for fun.

Galuf
07-03-2015, 07:25 PM
don't see what's so special about tower levels.

Because, caverns cannot go into space. and castle's cant go into space. ( well they could, but it would be weird) however, towers cannot go very long horizontally :(

Lost Number
07-03-2015, 08:21 PM
If we're keeping to strict definitions of tower, then I'd have to give a few honorable mentions.

Durlag's Tower from Baldur's Gate : Tales of the Sword Coast. One of my favourite dungeons in the series, which is saying something. It's also by far the biggest in the first game, with a wide variety of environments due to ~magic~.

Clock Tower from every Castlevania game ever. Medusa Heads. Still fun.

ADOM gives us the Tower of Elemental Fire. Fighting some high-tier demons in lava land is pretty cool, and "structured" levels in ADOM were rare.

Dark Souls 2 gives us the Brume Tower in the Old Iron King DLC, one of my favourite areas in the game due to its interesting visuals, tricks, and the best bosses in the game.