PDA

View Full Version : Another system bites the dust.

Wolf Kanno
07-02-2015, 05:05 AM
So my PS3 died a week ago, after I finally decided to start using it again. YLOD and all that. It was one of the old first gen models so I'm not surprised it bit the dust. Though I'm annoyed I'll need to replace it and get my PS+ back so I can recover my files. I figure I have three more months before the six month deadline kills my files. So far, I've only really lost two consoles. My first PS2 and now my PS3. I thought I lost my NES a few years back, even wrote a touching article about it for the old gaming site some EoFFers made, but I was able to fix it up a bit and it's still playing strong.

http://home.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=65103&stc=1

So how many consoles have you lost?

Electroshock Therapy
07-02-2015, 05:10 AM
I lost a SNES, and that was it. Luckily, my PS2 is still running like it always has. I do worry about the day that it will finally croak. Not everything I own is on PSN.

theundeadhero
07-02-2015, 05:10 AM
I've only lost a PS2 but my old SNES isn't holding up to well these days.

Jinx
07-02-2015, 05:11 AM
Just an N64. Luckily my family had a backup!

Ayen
07-02-2015, 10:59 AM
Zero. All the consoles I bought are still in working condition. One is boxed up because I didn't need a PSX after getting my PS2. My brother's old Genesis broke after years of use, but that wasn't mine so I don't count it.

Loony BoB
07-02-2015, 11:29 AM
Just a PSX due to some kind of power fault (ie, not the fault of the PSX, but an electrical fault at our house). Everything else has survived so far. Although I did have to get a new hard drive for my PS3.

Del Murder
07-02-2015, 04:27 PM
None. I actually take care of my stuff.

Shauna
07-02-2015, 05:46 PM
None! :}

Pike
07-02-2015, 10:27 PM
I don't think I've lost any systems but my PS2 controller quit working a couple of years back and that was kind of disappointing.

Galuf
07-02-2015, 10:40 PM
I lost my old faithful Sega megadrive ( genesis) but that was because someone stole it. same with the N64. My ps1 looks like it is breathing the last days. and Half my PS2 ( the ps1 half) has broke. Lets not forget the time when my Brother Smashed my xbox, just to see what game was inside. My first ds lite was destroyed because my brother put it on my back, and it slid off. and lastly, my first xbox 360 died, well it couldnt read discs so... same with my Ps3.

i like old consoles

DMKA
07-02-2015, 11:08 PM
I have never, ever had a console fail on me. They all still work like the day I got them, and I've played the hell out of all of them. I've always wondered what people do to them to make them quit.

theundeadhero
07-02-2015, 11:39 PM
My NES is older than most of the people who post here and still works flawlessly :p

Formalhaut
07-03-2015, 12:17 AM
Nothing's ever broken but I'm not sure where the PS1 is. Maybe a family member took it or put it in cold storage? :confused:

Skyblade
07-03-2015, 02:40 AM
I haven't actually had very many die completely. A few PCs, and maybe a PSP.

I have, however, worn down some of my handheld systems to the point of nigh uselessness. Buttons just wear out eventually (especially shoulder buttons).

Wolf Kanno
07-03-2015, 04:07 AM
I killed my PS1 and 2 controllers with Guilty Gear and Street Fighter than I would care to admit.

Colonel Angus
07-03-2015, 04:12 AM
My Atari 5200. I left it behind one time when I moved. IDK what the hell I was thinking. I doubt it would work anymore anyway, as the controllers were notorious for being craptastically crummy.

Shadowdust
07-04-2015, 05:43 AM
My PS3 died last year but I can't seem to let it go. Every time it dies, I just reflow it but at some point the same thing happens. It actually just died again yesterday so time to take it apart and repeat the reflow process I guess. :(

Wolf Kanno
07-04-2015, 06:09 AM
Yeah, sadly, once you get the YLOD the system is pretty much done for. You can revive it through reflow or using a hair dryer but it only revives it for awhile before it will die again. The old units have poor parts to keep heating down.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-04-2015, 03:37 PM
I had a PS3 die on me, but I think that's about it. I had a 360 that I sold to my brother and it apparently died like a week later.

Now there are consoles I thought were dead that ended up not being dead. My NES hadn't worked in years, but I took it apart and cleaned the connector pin things inside and put it back together, and it's worked okay since. Not perfectly, but I haven't had too many issues.