PDA

View Full Version : Sleep?

Sephex
07-06-2015, 09:40 AM
How do you deal with little sleep when you can't sleep because you just can't or have some sort of obligation? Obligation rhymes with hobbit nation lol

Oh, and there is a poll incoming so please wait for it if you don't see it. If you don't wait for it, the bed bugs will twerk it until you die.

Alright. So the poll is open. Please let's make this vote time more that US president election and also American Idol crap. Thanks.

Wolf Kanno
07-06-2015, 09:53 AM
http://home.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=65233&stc=1

Ayen
07-06-2015, 10:22 AM
I tough it out until I'm so tired I want to hurl.

Then I go to sleep.

Pike
07-06-2015, 10:27 AM
Usually when this happens it means I'm stuck at work so yeah bring on the caffeine.

Bubba
07-06-2015, 12:08 PM
Drink tea, drink water. Be a liability at work.

Pheesh
07-06-2015, 12:18 PM
Tough it out. I don't drink coffee but work is pretty strenuous and loud so it's impossible to be falling asleep or anything. I'll just power through and get a good nights sleep the next day.

Rocket Edge
07-06-2015, 02:08 PM
Have a cold shower.

Faris
07-06-2015, 05:43 PM
I had horrible sleep last night and I've been in a horrible mood all day. Should've had more coffeez. :irked:

Vermachtnis
07-06-2015, 08:01 PM
I tough it out like a whatever!

Pumpkin
07-06-2015, 08:09 PM
Tough it out

EDIT: By that I mean whine about it

Shorty
07-06-2015, 08:13 PM
Tough it out with coffee.

Shauna
07-06-2015, 08:19 PM
Yeah, I just stay awake. I ain't a coffee kind of gal, so... I just get through it and head to bed a bit earlier.

Zanmato
07-06-2015, 08:41 PM
When I have problems with sleeping, I'm doing something, like using phone or watching movies until I fall asleep, haha! XD

Formalhaut
07-07-2015, 12:43 AM
Tough it out

EDIT: By that I mean whine about it

If I'm up all-night working on an assignment (such a student) then I just power through it; I was never one for coffee, or even tea for that matter. I just tough it out, and then the next day I just crash and wake up at like, I don't know, five or six in the evening.

If I'm just tired generally, moaning helps. In fact, moaning to people about how tired or hot I am (read: moaning to Mr. Carny) is actually pretty therapeutic for me.

FFNut
07-07-2015, 12:48 AM
Up here in the summer it's the land of the midnight sun seriously the sun goes down at 12:30am and rises at like 3am. If you leave the blinds open you never sleep. Coffee is all you have to keep yourself from going zombie

Shiny
07-07-2015, 04:58 AM
I was going to say coffee until I saw cold water was an option. Drinking it seems like a good idea, but cold showers will wake me up.

noxious.sunshine
07-07-2015, 11:58 AM
I prefer unsweet iced tea over coffee.

I usually will tough it out if going back to sleep isn't an option.

Usually it is though. So I can go back and nap.

Loony BoB
07-07-2015, 12:32 PM
This just doesn't really happen to me very often these days at all, but I tough it out, yeah.

escobert
07-11-2015, 05:43 PM
I only don't get sleep because I have to wake up and change diapers a few times a night :P

Mirage
07-11-2015, 06:45 PM
I just drink some coffee.

And then maybe an energy drink, and then maybe another coffee, and then maybe another energy drink, and then maybe another coffee, and then maybe another energy drink, and then maybe another coffee, and then maybe another energy drink, and then maybe another coffee, and then maybe another energy drink, and then maybe another coffee, and then maybe another energy drink, and then maybe another coffee, and then maybe another energy drink, and then maybe another coffee, and then maybe another energy drink, and then maybe another coffee, and then maybe another energy drink, and then maybe another coffee, and then maybe another energy drink, and then maybe another coffee, and then maybe another energy drink, and then maybe another coffee, and then maybe another energy drink, and then maybe another coffee, and then maybe another energy drink, and then maybe another coffee, and then maybe another energy drink.

Alive-Cat
07-12-2015, 09:28 PM
the best way to sleep is to trick yourself into sleeping. you need to find a documentary that is mildly interesting, interesting enough for you to want to watch it, but not too interesting so it keeps you up because you're so enthralled. best to watch using your laptop because you want to be laying down in your bed in a sleeping position for this, so you can place the laptop somewhere you can see it.

if you sleep with a partner, use same directions as above, but use headphones, just have one in one ear. if they can't sleep with light in the room, tell them to stop controlling your life.

find things that are suited to your interests, or just things you're mildly interested in. such as: ancient egypt, buddhism, were giants real, loch ness monster, tribes that exist in modern times but are still in the stone age, etc. those are some of my favourites. absolutely nothing like; the boy whose skin fell off, the girl who's body is melting, the person who's life is a living hell and everything is sad. you will have nightmares because it's sad and unhappy! and nothing like secret diary of a high class call girl, you will become aroused, and spend an hour playing with yourself. don't leave your laptop plugged in, and it will probably turn itself off during the night, or just go to sleep, just like you are hopefully by this point :greenie:

radio is also great. whatever source of radio you have, stick one of the more obscure stations on, (find it online,) where they talk constantly about strange things. best part of this is you wake up in the early morning and they are talking about even stranger things.

most of the time, not being able to go to sleep is a psychological thing. trick your mind into thinking you're gonna pay attention to something, lay down in a sleeping position, and you will likely start to feel tired and drift off naturally.

otherwise, check with your doctor first, but valerian root can be okay for that. not to be confused with valyrian steel; something that can be used to kill white walkers.

chionos
07-12-2015, 09:31 PM
The dark stuff.

Alive-Cat
07-12-2015, 09:54 PM
The dark stuff.

:confused:

Iceglow
07-14-2015, 02:37 AM
I tough it out until the second wind kicks in, then it's POWWWWWWEEEEEEEERRRRRRR!!! as soon as I get home I crash.

Right now it's like 2:40am... I need to be up at 5:15 latest!.... waiting on my second wind!