PDA

View Full Version : How many pairs of shoes do you own?

Pike
08-06-2015, 05:00 PM
I only own one pair, myself, but apparently it's a thing to have more than one? :shrug:

How about you guys?

escobert
08-06-2015, 05:08 PM
These are what I wear around on a daily basis

These are my work boots

These are my barn boots

and these for around the house

all of these are ridiculously comfortable.

Formalhaut
08-06-2015, 05:13 PM
I have more than five, but less than ten. Lemme think for a moment:

- A pair of trainers, that I rarely use in public
- A pair of brown boots, that I use quite often
- A pair of tan smart shoes, perfect for all occasions!
- A pair of black smart shoes, only really used for formal events
- A pair of blue felt ankle boots that really don't do well against rain
- A pair of red converse shoes, that I use rarely
- A pair of lovely dark blue wellington boots!
- A pair of slippers, if you count slippers as 'shoes'

I mean, it looks alot, but I only really use three with any regularity.

Mirage
08-06-2015, 05:16 PM
Three. Light summer shoes, thick and weather proof fall/winter/spring shoes, and running shoes.

Ok 4 then. I also have a pair of shoes to use with my formal suit.

seriously though pike, you live in the north right? How do you not at least have one pair for summer and one for winter?

escobert
08-06-2015, 05:54 PM
Oh I forgot about my dress shoes that I wear once every two years. but that still keeps me on the 4-5 option :p

FFNut
08-06-2015, 05:57 PM
I have 2 pairs. One for being out and around town, then a pair if work boots. Sorry 3 I got a pair of river shoes too. They can get wet and not be effected.

Vermachtnis
08-06-2015, 07:27 PM
Two, one pair for work and one pair for not work. My not work shoes are at that point where they're about to fall about, but so worn in that I can't get a new pair.

Shorty
08-06-2015, 08:03 PM
Flats: Black, tan, sky blue, yellow, mustard, red, mint.
Converse: Navy and mint.
Vans: Teal.
Wedges: Mint cork wedges, white cork wedges, black fabric wedges.
Heels: Tan plaid stilettos, white and bloodspatter stilettos, black pumps.
Oxfords: Cognac.
Running shoes: Shockingly pink Nikes (they were on sale).
Boots: 2 pairs of cognac; 1 pair black booties.
And a pair of bland hiking shoes and a pair of herringbone wellies.

23 pairs! I like shoes. :shobon:

Psychotic
08-06-2015, 08:10 PM
Four. Black work shoes, navy converse, cream converse style but not actually converse, Nike Lunarswift +3 (I had to look this up) running shoes.

Bri
08-06-2015, 08:11 PM
These are what I wear around on a daily basis

These are my work boots

These are my barn boots

and these for around the house

all of these are ridiculously comfortable.

Awesome shoes you got there!

Night Fury
08-06-2015, 08:14 PM
I don't have any shoes.

Ayen
08-06-2015, 08:23 PM
One pair of house shoes and regular shoes.

Bri
08-06-2015, 08:44 PM
I own about...four pairs.

Crop
08-06-2015, 09:30 PM
Four pairs. I've never owned more than four.

Work - Black and can also be worn at formal occasions
Smart Casual - Grey ones. Hard to describe, they're just grey and white with laces
Casual - White adidas trainers
Running Shoes

They all pretty much falling apart, but I'm loathe to mass buy four pairs of new shoes since I'd probably have to go to at least four different stores to do so. I guess whichever ones literally fall off my feet first will be the first to be replaced.

Sephex
08-06-2015, 10:48 PM
Oh cool, I get to post this again:

ShFl64SCEy8

Though now I own a different personal shoe, but it looks close to the one featured in this bit I did for a similar thread awhile back.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
08-06-2015, 11:05 PM
Not including any required for my military uniforms, I have eight pairs of shoes and one pair of flip flops. I used to have two pairs of flip flops, but the dogs ate those.

I have two pairs of boots, one for hiking and one for the motorcycle.
I have two pair of dress shoes, brown and black. Obviously.
I have two pair of running shoes, one for street running and one for mud runs.
I have two pair of casual shoes. K Swiss and skate shoes.

If we include my military stuff, we can add three pair of boots (two of which are steel toed), and two pair of black dress shoes. Plus a pair of shower flip flops.

Bubba
08-07-2015, 02:17 AM
A pair of tan shoes for everything
Posh suit shoes that were last worn at BoB's wedding
White pumps for when I wear shorts

Thats it.

I don't own any trainers anymore.

blackmage_nuke
08-07-2015, 01:16 PM
A set of black dress shoes for formal occasions and job interviews and what not (I rarely use these)
A set of runners/sneakers/running shoes/trainers for regular use
A set of boots for walking in rough terrain where my regular shoes are likely to be damaged or water is likely to soak through.

I also have a set of thongs/flip flops and a set of sandals but I assume we arent counting those as shoes.

Pumpkin
08-07-2015, 04:02 PM
A pair of sneakers I wear regularly
A pair of dress sandals
A cute pair of heal booties
A pair of winter heal booties that I never get to wear anymore because south
A pair of black pumps

I wish I had more shoes but money

Shiny
08-07-2015, 08:24 PM
Basically a lot because my feet stopped growing when I was 12 and I keep a majority of them in pretty good condition, so they've just amassed over the years. Everyone needs a at least two pairs though. You've gotta have boots and then comfy shoes.

Iceglow
08-08-2015, 02:24 AM
I own 3 pairs of shoes... actually make that 4 but 1 pair doesn't count which you'll see when I list them:

1) Pair of black cowboy style ankle boots. Remember my black calf height cowboy boots... same style just rubber soled and ankle height. I wear these for both work and personal time 90% of the time.
2) Pair of black converse high tops. I don't wear these that often any more, not since I got run over and my right Achilles tendon became shortened, super flat shoes like this are actually quite painful when walking. I have a set of rubber insoles that slightly increase the elevation under the heel which makes them slightly more comfortable but I definitely feel better in boots.
3) Pair of trainers that I wear when dressed super casually or if I'm in the gym.
4) The pair that don't count: I own a pair of coral reef dive/swim shoes. These are made from wetsuit material and have super thick hard rubber soles. They're specifically designed for when you're in the ocean and have to traverse the top of a Coral Reef. Obviously being wetsuit material there's not many other uses for these.

I need to get some additional boots because wearing these boots every day will wear them out quickly. I'm debating what boots to go for next but the criteria will definitely be something in a cowboy boot style because the cowboy boots are more comfortable.

Pheesh
08-08-2015, 04:10 AM
3 pairs of vans, 1 pair of black dress shoes, 2 pairs of work boots (regular steel-caps and steel-cap gumboots), 1 pair of basketball shoes, 1 pair of thongs.

Laddy
08-14-2015, 09:06 PM
I have about five pairs which aren't nearly enough.

What I want are some badass pirate boots. Hell yes. :cool: