PDA

View Full Version : What part of Super Mario Maker has you most excited?

Colonel Angus
08-08-2015, 05:01 PM
Finally, September 11th will go down in history.

For on that day in the year of our Miyamoto 2015, Super Mario Maker will be released!

What aspect of this game are you the most Jacked about?

I'm uberexcito! :omgomg::omgomg::omgomg::omgomg::omgomg: :eager::eager::eager::eager::eager:

escobert
08-08-2015, 05:02 PM
I don't know what mario maker is :(

Formalhaut
08-08-2015, 07:53 PM
This poll of the day was brought to you by Nintendo!

Vermachtnis
08-08-2015, 07:56 PM
I love stage building!

Del Murder
08-08-2015, 08:37 PM
I don't even have the system this is for, but if I did I would be excited to play essentially full Mario games created by others. That actually sounds amazing. The only catch is (besides needing a WiiU) how user friendly Nintendo will make the sharing of levels because they are notoriously bad at online features.

Karifean
08-08-2015, 09:10 PM
Stage building! So hyped for that!

Colonel Angus
08-08-2015, 09:10 PM
I don't even have the system this is for, but if I did I would be excited to play essentially full Mario games created by others. That actually sounds amazing. The only catch is (besides needing a WiiU) how user friendly Nintendo will make the sharing of levels because they are notoriously bad at online features.
I think Nintendo has their shit together on this one. What I've seen from E3, etc., they have a decent interface.

Also excited that the amiibo characters can be unlocked by beating other's stages that utilize the amiibo, so you don't have to own them all.

Also, you need to get a wii u. If not for yourself, for the babies. Will anyone think of the children?

Del Murder
08-08-2015, 09:15 PM
Making Mario levels for my kids to play is pretty much my dream come true. But that won't be for a couple years. :p A WiiU will be practically free by that point.

Colonel Angus
08-08-2015, 09:17 PM
Making Mario levels for my kids to play is pretty much my dream come true. But that won't be for a couple years. :p A WiiU will be practically free by that point.
Gotta start 'em young!

escobert
08-09-2015, 04:28 AM
So it's like little big planet but Mario?

Colonel Angus
08-09-2015, 04:52 AM
AUyrHAggrAY

It starts @ 7:03 (IDK why they didn't just edit out the first 7:02 minutes).

Mirage
08-09-2015, 05:28 PM

They did surprisingly well with MK8

although mk8 is a pretty straight forwards game when it comes to online

Leigh
08-11-2015, 12:49 PM
Super Mario Bros X > Mario Maker

Randy
08-11-2015, 05:47 PM
I'm pretty psyched for everything about this. It started as quite a lukewarm thing but they've really layered on the crazyness now and it actually looks like this will produce more interesting levels than in a standard retail mario game.

The only downside is that they're probably putting an end to their own game series. Either that or setting the bar incredibly high for what people would need in order to buy future NSMB games.

Fynn
08-11-2015, 06:02 PM
Idk, I'm kinda 'meh' about this overall

Formalhaut
08-11-2015, 06:17 PM
So it's like little big planet but Mario?

It seems intriguing, but isn't it ultimately a Nintendo Little Big Planet?

Leigh
08-11-2015, 06:24 PM
The only downside is that they're probably putting an end to their own game series. Either that or setting the bar incredibly high for what people would need in order to buy future NSMB games.

I don't know if they're putting an end to their own series. From what I can see; Mario Maker still looks rather limited in terms of execution, and there is no ability to import your own assets of graphics, so creativity may come from a variety of layouts and intriguing level design, but next to none in terms of colour palette and theme. Having said that...Mario kind of always looks like Mario. Maybe they are self-destructing! Ahhhh!!! :p

Depression Moon
08-11-2015, 07:06 PM
Stage building. The majority of my time in LittleBigPlanet was in creation, I do have worries in playing other stages though. The majority of everything I've seen for this game so far have been levels where people just seem to chuck as much enemies and random stuff as possible or those kaizo type levels. I want to make and play levels that would actually see in a Mario game.

Mirage
08-11-2015, 07:37 PM
I'm pretty psyched for everything about this. It started as quite a lukewarm thing but they've really layered on the crazyness now and it actually looks like this will produce more interesting levels than in a standard retail mario game.

That's entirely up to them. People can only make stages that are possible to make within the toolbox nintendo gives them. They could easily make features in their own games that are not possible to replicate in super mario maker.

Colonel Angus
08-13-2015, 12:20 AM
:eager::eager::eager::eager::eager::omgomg::omgomg::omgomg::omgomg::omgomg:

_9W_y8IlNro

Colonel Angus
09-02-2015, 04:08 AM
Two hours of Super Mario Maker stuff. :omgomg: :eager:

SwYlrZyVkqs

Randy
09-05-2015, 03:44 PM
That's entirely up to them. People can only make stages that are possible to make within the toolbox nintendo gives them. They could easily make features in their own games that are not possible to replicate in super mario maker.

That's true. But at the same time, people could also invent cool new gameplay mechanics through Mario Maker than will become well-known among the fanbase which would then stop Nintendo doing something similar in the future, or risk the accusation of theft.

Colonel Angus
09-06-2015, 08:21 PM

That's true. But at the same time, people could also invent cool new gameplay mechanics through Mario Maker than will become well-known among the fanbase which would then stop Nintendo doing something similar in the future, or risk the accusation of theft.
IDK what they could do, but I'm pretty sure Nintendo would have some legal safeguard if they did.

Mirage
09-06-2015, 09:33 PM
Chances are that the EULA for the game's online service state that every single user created map automatically becomes the intellectual property of Nintendo the second you're done making it.

That's what's normally done for any other title that relies on user created content as their online functionality.

DMKA
09-11-2015, 03:25 AM
The part where all the LPers cry because Nintendo won't let them do anything with the content they create.